Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So my delivery arrived and I've just tried both the Lemon Cheesecake and Rhubarb & Custard and they're both delicious. I would definitely consider them more 'afternoon' shakes, as in they're very sweet tasting and may not suit first thing in the morning (Strawberry/Banana are better suited for this) but regardless, they're both great and I can't wait to try them again tomorrow!

It turns out that these two were voted to be kept on by MyProtein so Humbug and Peaches & Cream will no longer be stocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

I had a sample of myprotein latte and Mocha, both tasted very good. Ordered instant oats with it and the gave me a free shaker(the one with the ball good one).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Are the Instant Oats any good? I'm looking for something to replace my daily 3 Weetabix that is maybe more filling, and from what I've read they're quite good if mixed with a protein powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

SuprSi wrote: »
    Are the Instant Oats any good? I'm looking for something to replace my daily 3 Weetabix that is maybe more filling, and from what I've read they're quite good if mixed with a protein powder.
    I only have it with Vanilla whey protein tastes good with protein. Never had it by its self i'd say its not great by its self because it doesn't tasted as good as the whey protein alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

SuprSi wrote: »

They are just oats. No different to any raw oats you buy except they are ground to a powder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

What does everyone think of the VAT increase in the UK?

Will the increase in VAT affect the Irish site on MyProtein and can we expect more rises here in line with the UK also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Im raging, I go through 5kg a month. Ive scanned sites all over the shop for alternatives but none yet. I keep wondering is there a polish bulkpowders? or anywhere thats in the eurozone?

Ice87 wrote: »
    What does everyone think of the VAT increase in the UK?

Will the increase in VAT affect the Irish site on MyProtein and can we expect more rises here in line with the UK also?

No protein in ireland already has VAT on it hence the higher Irish prices already. Uk prices will simply come inline with the irish ones now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

john_cappa wrote: »
    No protein in ireland already has VAT on it hence the higher Irish prices already. Uk prices will simply come inline with the irish ones now.

till we get a VAT increase in the budget anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Only bulk whey is cheap in UK. Branded is expensive considering I paid €58 incl delivery to get a tub of Reflex peptide fusion. Now add 20%. Very expensive compared to here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Maximuscle is 40% off in Holland & Barrett in store and online: http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product.asp?sid=111

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dka e80

dajaffa wrote: »
    Maximuscle is 40% off in Holland & Barrett in store and online: http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product.asp?sid=111

Still more expensive than other places even wit the 40 off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Only bulk whey is cheap in UK. Branded is expensive considering I paid €58 incl delivery to get a tub of Reflex peptide fusion. Now add 20%. Very expensive compared to here

Yeah bulk whey is much cheaper there and I just ordered in another 5kg before October 1st for €41 then minus 10% discount code so just over €36 for 5kg of chocolate whey Fantastic deal!!. Delivery was €12 but considering I was ordering almost 22kg in total for a few mates the delivery was less than 3 quid each so €40 for 5kg of whey delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

My myprotein pulse (pwo powder) has gone pretty lumpy, presumably due to moisture. Would this have any effect on it like creatine or is still ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Sangre wrote: »
    My myprotein pulse (pwo powder) has gone pretty lumpy, presumably due to moisture. Would this have any effect on it like creatine or is still ok?

Is it white lumps? I'd guess its the arginine, that stuff almost always goes a bit lumpy on me. I'd say its grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

double GG wrote: »
    Yeah bulk whey is much cheaper there and I just ordered in another 5kg before October 1st for €41 then minus 10% discount code so just over €36 for 5kg of chocolate whey Fantastic deal!!. Delivery was €12 but considering I was ordering almost 22kg in total for a few mates the delivery was less than 3 quid each so €40 for 5kg of whey delivered!

Are you 100% on the €36 for 5kg? I'm just very :eek::eek::eek: That is well under current raw whey pricing and not just a bit but WELL UNDER.

Who was this with?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭The lips

Anyone use nutrition X products? I am looking at there weight gain Mass X. Two for the price of one on there website at the minute.

http://www.nutritionxstore.ie/clearance-sale

Myprotein must have messed up pricing. 5kg flavoured is now 65 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

wrote:
    Long may it last, hoping to put in another order before they change it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

There's 2x2.5kg bags for €55 with the code IMPACT
    I've €15 to get me to over €100, I'm wondering will I get another 1kg bag or something else, I was going to get almond butter but they're all out.

• Advertisement

Orla K wrote: »
    There's 2x2.5kg bags for €55 with the code IMPACT
    I've €15 to get me to over €100, I'm wondering will I get another 1kg bag or something else, I was going to get almond butter but they're all out.

I think its only 90 euro for free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I think its only 90 euro for free delivery

Really? it's been ages since I've bought something so I couldn't remember, and I couldn't find it anywhere too.

I still have to add something that's €5 to get it to €90. I don't really use anything other than whey protein and almond butter, I don't want to get the peanut butter(goitogen)
    I think it's going to have to be
    7kg of whey protein(should last me ages!) 2x2.5kg bags 2x1kgbags
    and two packets of almonds, which I'm going to attempt to make nut butter with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Are you 100% on the €36 for 5kg? I'm just very :eek::eek::eek: That is well under current raw whey pricing and not just a bit but WELL UNDER.

Who was this with?
    http://www.superfit.co.uk/proform-sports-pro-form100-5kg.html

Bought 4. with 10% off with FB10.

double GG wrote: »

Hmmmmmm

As said its too cheap to have much whey in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Hmmmmmm

As said its too cheap to have much whey in it!

Are you just guessing here or did you read the ingredients?
    More protein and less fat and sugar then both
    Reflex and myprotein!

Are you just guessing here or did you read the ingredients?
    More protein and less fat and sugar then both
    Reflex and myprotein!

And you believe the declared info as fact? and you are comparing this product to what reflex blend that has soya in it???

As stated above the price they are selling it at is less than the cost whole sale of a kilo of whey. So unless they are getting it tubbed and labelled for free and then like selling it at a loss then yeah there is very little whey in it and an awful lot of soya (hence the high protein content).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

And you believe the declared info as fact? and you are comparing this product to what reflex blend that has soya in it???

As stated above the price they are selling it at is less than the cost whole sale of a kilo of whey. So unless they are getting it tubbed and labelled for free and then like selling it at a loss then yeah there is very little whey in it and an awful lot of soya (hence the high protein content).

Well I am generally going to believe the nutritional value I read at the back of packets yes.

But apologies I did actually misread your original post regading whey content. I was confusing it with protein.

Question though is spending an extra €30+ worth it to get supperrior whey? What is all that wrong with soya?

Well I am generally going to believe the nutritional value I read at the back of packets yes.

But apologies I did actually misread your original post regading whey content. I was confusing it with protein.

Question though is spending an extra €30+ worth it to get supperrior whey? What is all that wrong with soya?

Supplement industry in UK has shown you shouldn't.

Nothing wrong with it IMO. As long as consumers are aware that it is part of the blend. As I said it is unfair to compare to any reflex product or MP product as there none similar.

I am not the biggest fan of it but it will become more and more common place as a protein source as whey prices creep up endlessly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Nothing wrong with it IMO. As long as consumers are aware that it is part of the blend. As I said it is unfair to compare to any reflex product or MP product as there none similar.

I am not the biggest fan of it but it will become more and more common place as a protein source as whey prices creep up endlessly.

Protein Matrix Blend: (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Soy Protein Isolate and Casein 90.23%), Cocoa Powder 6.00%, Chocolate Flavour 3.30%, Sucralose 0.47%. Suitable for vegetarians

Thats the ingredients list off that stuff, was all on for it until it struck me that it doesnt state exactly how much soy is in the 'matrix blend', could be 5% could be 90%.
    Im really going to have to put more time and effort into eating meat, sigh.

Advertisement