Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The small savings I was making with MP aren't worth it in the end. I'll be going back to discountsuppliments when I place my next order. It took a week for my last MP order to arrive which is just not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

With the VAT increase applied to Bulkpowders now it's about the same price as MyProtein as far as I can see. Does anyone reckon one or the other is cheaper for the fundamental stuff (i.e. just ~80% whey) or another place has the lowest price p/KG these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Can anybody recommend an alternative to Wellman tablets? http://www.vitabiotics.com/wellman/original_main.aspx

Their US affiliate is out of stock and they give no indication when they will be back in stock. So i bought from an English Pharmacy on Amazon while i wait but they just told me their expected delivery date is December 15th :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hazys wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend an alternative to Wellman tablets? http://www.vitabiotics.com/wellman/original_main.aspx

Their US affiliate is out of stock and they give no indication when they will be back in stock. So i bought from an English Pharmacy on Amazon while i wait but they just told me their expected delivery date is December 15th :mad:

I use all the Solgar supplements there expensive enough but i find them good! You can find them in The Heath Store. Apparently Aldis vitamins are really good too and are for nothing but i cant say ive used them yet myself as there is no aldi close by!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I use all the Solgar supplements there expensive enough but i find them good! You can find them in The Heath Store. Apparently Aldis vitamins are really good too and are for nothing but i cant say ive used them yet myself as there is no aldi close by!

Cheers, i went with http://www.amazon.com/Solgar-Formula-Vm-75-180-tablets/dp/B000ODU2JW/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1352820366&sr=1-1&keywords=vitamins+solgar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

hypermuse wrote: »
    To keep ya informed at just how poor the customer service is.

I put in a ticket on their website informing them of the damaged goods I recieved on the 31st of Ocotober.

I reminded them that I was still waiting on a reply on the 2nd. Still no reply...

I then sent in another ticket on their website titled "this customer service is an absolute joke" requesting they respond to my original ticket.
    I eventually get a reply on the 5th of Novemeber to which I responded and provide photographic evidence of the damaged goods.

Next day (6th) they reply saying a replacment package will be sent out and I should get a dispatch email in 24-48hours.

Being patient I have bided my time and assumed something should show up at my door dispite not getting a dispatch email.

Here I am on the 12th after sending another email to them inquiring as to where my replacement product is. The whole company is a disaster....

A horrendous company that does not live up to the expectations placed on it by its quality products.

My patience with them is gone and I will certainly not be recommending them to anybody.

I got a reply to a queery today after 5 working days, which is tolerable. Very polite and courteous reply but the outcome was unsatisifactory. I wanted to send an order to a someone in the uk, but they wouldn't do it because I have an Irish account. They wanted me to set up a new account with a new email and a uk card. For the hassle I don't think I'll bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

They're not using DPD anymore. It is still sold as DPD last i checked but what you get is MHI. MHI post it to Ireland and An Post deliver it.

I was really pissed off when they changed my order to this without telling me. The tracking is awful as its not a proper courier service. What really pissed me off is when i challenged them on this, they skirted around the issue then blamed DPD Ireland saying they get lots of complaints about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I got a reply to a queery today after 5 working days, which is tolerable..

I really can't see how 5 working days is tolerable. I mean, its an email.
    Read it, look up relative information and follow through.

From opening the email there is no reason as to why a response cant be formulated within the day. I sent an email last night as stated in my above post and the fact they have not replied by close of business today is shocking imo.

They are supposed to be professionals running a business. Whoever is overseeing customer service operations needs to be replaced as it is obviously not just me who is having a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Waiting a week now for a delivery from myprotein. With all the problems I've been hearing lately should I contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Ant11 wrote: »
    Waiting a week now for a delivery from myprotein. With all the problems I've been hearing lately should I contact them?

You could but by the sounds of it, it will be another week until you get a reply! your package will prob have arrived by then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

It took a full two weeks before my order from MyProtein arrived this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dka e80

Ordered from myprotein the 07/11/2012 get email to say it was dispatched the same day, current status on the tracker
    Mon 12/11/2012 20:15: In Transit: SHIPMENT RECORD CREATED

Looks like ill be wait 2 weeks aswell which is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

Hi Folks. As this is a thread on supplements I didn't want to start a new thread and hope I will get my answer here.
    A bit of background. I am 44 and began getting back in shape 5 months ago. I have managed to drop 12.5kg in that time with a combination of cardio, light weight circuit training and diet. In this time I have being using L-Carnitine and BCAA's. I am feeling good and after the last few weeks of core strengthening I think I am ready to step up my training.

I have spoken with a few people in the gym and they are recommending that I add ZMA's and Creatine to the L-Carnitine and BCAA's. I plan on taking Glucosamine to aid my joints.

My question is are the 4 supplements necessary (ZMA's and Creatine to the L-Carnitine and BCAA's), are they a good combination or should I used only a combination of some. The reason I ask is that the people who are dispensing the advise are also the one's selling them. Plus before I make the investment I need to know if t is a wise one. Any advise from you guys would be appreciated.

Spiritual wrote: »
    My question is are the 4 supplements necessary (ZMA's and Creatine to the L-Carnitine and BCAA's), are they a good combination or should I used only a combination of some. The reason I ask is that the people who are dispensing the advise are also the one's selling them. Plus before I make the investment I need to know if t is a wise one. Any advise from you guys would be appreciated.

That line jumps out at me straight away and says it all really! Depending on what your goals are no you wouldn't really need those four supplements! Get yourself a good whey protein and a muti vitamin and take it from there! Once your diet is right thats all you'll really need! There called supplements for a reason so dont go buying loads of gear off someone who is trying to make a profit from you buy telling you you need this that and whatever else! If your curious to try some other supplements do a bit of research on them yourself?

That line jumps out at me straight away and says it all really! Depending on what your goals are no you wouldn't really need those four supplements! Get yourself a good whey protein and a muti vitamin and take it from there! Once your diet is right thats all you'll really need! There called supplements for a reason so dont go buying loads of gear off someone who is trying to make a profit from you buy telling you you need this that and whatever else! If your curious to try some other supplements do a bit of research on them yourself?

I have done a lot of research but in fairness it is a mine field of opinion. My initial thoughts were and remain that the suggestion was more a money matter than a benefit to me.
    Would a Whey Protein replace the need for BCAA's or are both necessary. I just want to add to my overall workout without bulking up.
    Creatine use without the loading phase sounds like what I need. ZMA seems to have many benefits but I'll admit it all is just confusing.

Thanks.

Spiritual wrote: »
    I have done a lot of research but in fairness it is a mine field of opinion. My initial thoughts were and remain that the suggestion was more a money matter than a benefit to me.
    Would a Whey Protein replace the need for BCAA's or are both necessary. I just want to add to my overall workout without bulking up.
    Creatine use without the loading phase sounds like what I need. ZMA seems to have many benefits but I'll admit it all is just confusing.

Thanks.

Someone posted a similar question up recently and i said the same things. Whey protein will cover you for your BCAAs so you wouldn't need both. If your keen to use creatine without bloating maybe look at creatine ethly ester tablets. Ive heard many benefits about taking ZMAs too but am yet to try them, more for reasons of not being arsed to pay for them when im really fine already but am curious to see if id notice anything taking them!

You wont "bulk up" just taking a whey shake and some creatine you need to eat like a horse and not just on crap to properly put on size. Have a read through the diet and nutrition threads for more information on that! Loads of helpful stuff in there!!

Someone posted a similar question up recently and i said the same things. Whey protein will cover you for your BCAAs so you wouldn't need both. If your keen to use creatine without bloating maybe look at creatine ethly ester tablets. Ive heard many benefits about taking ZMAs too but am yet to try them, more for reasons of not being arsed to pay for them when im really fine already but am curious to see if id notice anything taking them!

You wont "bulk up" just taking a whey shake and some creatine you need to eat like a horse and not just on crap to properly put on size. Have a read through the diet and nutrition threads for more information on that! Loads of helpful stuff in there!!

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will have a look at the threads you suggest.

Am so glad I have made the decision to get fit as at my age I was at risk of just becoming more lethargic and spending the rest of my life overweight. I reckon I am at the level of fitness I was in my late 20's. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dka e80

Dka e80 wrote: »
    Ordered from myprotein the 07/11/2012 get email to say it was dispatched the same day, current status on the tracker
    Mon 12/11/2012 20:15: In Transit: SHIPMENT RECORD CREATED

Looks like ill be wait 2 weeks aswell which is a joke

Received order this morning took 9 days to receive, would be happy enough if it was under the 1 week mark

Ordered the unflavoured whey for the first time and am pretty happy wit it just tastes like weak milk wen mixed wit water should hav bought it years ago, seems to be easier on the stomach I.e no chemically strawberry tasting bleches ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Ordered from myprotein for a mate there 3 weeks ago and all his stuff was here in 3 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Has anyone ever ordered from www.perfectbody.ie before?

They seem to have some great stock and pretty good prices - I can't find the stuff I'm looking for on MP...

• Advertisement

My advice is not to bother with MP anyway.. I am still waiting on a replacement package and some people have been waiting 3 weeks for an order to arrive.. If you check out their facebook its all negative comments.. The public is not happy.

But to answer your question.. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

similar experience to the above with myprotein; got email saying order was despatched on 8th November. Tracking details say it was received in sorting office on 14th which seems a long time after despatch. Received my order today (19th). The despatch email does say the estimated delivery date was on or before the 19th so that was accurate (just about). I suppose 11 days isn't bad but it's not great either.

hollypink wrote: »
    similar experience to the above with myprotein; got email saying order was despatched on 8th November. Tracking details say it was received in sorting office on 14th which seems a long time after despatch. Received my order today (19th). The despatch email does say the estimated delivery date was on or before the 19th so that was accurate (just about). I suppose 11 days isn't bad but it's not great either.

Their facebook is inundated with stories similar to yours and worse stories again.

I have been sent 2 emails by customer service (one by a normal worker and another by a senior worker) on different occasions to say I shall receive an email within 24-48hours confirming dispatch..

I have yet to receive an email confirming dispatch. Whenever I do I'm guessing I will actually get my replacement package 2 weeks later.

Disaster of a company.

Has anyone ever ordered from www.perfectbody.ie before?

They seem to have some great stock and pretty good prices - I can't find the stuff I'm looking for on MP...

just had a look on that site. ON is gone up to €55?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

just had a look on that site. ON is gone up to €55?

€50 on HP

Actually that HP nutrition site, has what I was looking for too, would you recommend them?

Actually that HP nutrition site, has what I was looking for too, would you recommend them?

My friend use them before and had no issues. They were doing three tubs of Myofusion hydro on special and he wanted a break from ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

I've gotten to a stage of being unnaturally skinny lookin to put on a stone or two over the next few months, im joining ben dunne gym soon too, i eat loads and have massive dinners but dont gain a pick really, whats the best way to bulk up over 3-6 months? whey gain or creatine or what? any advice hugely appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Bonesy. wrote: »
    I've gotten to a stage of being unnaturally skinny lookin to put on a stone or two over the next few months, im joining ben dunne gym soon too, i eat loads and have massive dinners but dont gain a pick really, whats the best way to bulk up over 3-6 months? whey gain or creatine or what? any advice hugely appreciated!

Create a thread dude, more people will see it and can offer you better advice.

• Advertisement

One more question:
    When taking N.O. Xplode - whats the general consensus with taking a creatine supp?

As far as I understand it there's ~3g per serving, however I only take it pre-workout. So should I be taking a creatine supp on my days off?

Advertisement