Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I'd like to say Optimum Nutrition Hydrobuilder is a great product.

this is on's new product right? is it just a blend of proteins like myofusion etc...

might pick this up instead of my usual seperate tubs of ON whey and casein. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

this is on's new product right? is it just a blend of proteins like myofusion etc...

might pick this up instead of my usual seperate tubs of ON whey and casein. :)

Its a blend of hydrolised proteins with creatine. Due to everything being hydrolised its expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Is there anywhere to buy unflavoured whey in Ireland either online or bricks and mortar shop?

I was going to order off myprotein however I've seen a lot of people are having issues with delivery recently, and bulk powders are a bit too pricey when delivery is taken into account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

vigos wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to buy unflavoured whey in Ireland either online or bricks and mortar shop?

I was going to order off myprotein however I've seen a lot of people are having issues with delivery recently, and bulk powders are a bit too pricey when delivery is taken into account

I think that myprotein is the best you could buy for value. But if you're in a hurry you could try holland and barrett. Discount supplements.ie and .co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

anyone used http://www.rosnutrition.com/ie/home
    Ros Nutrition

Some interesting stuff on the site, In particular the unflavored rice and hemp proteins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I use iherb.com. US based, but they do free worldwide shipping. It's still cheaper than anything this side of the pond with shipping included. I ordered a few boxes of protein bars on Tues - vat free, and far cheaper than any sites here - order was confirmed, shipped and delivered just over a day later. Received today. Really quite impressive - I find I have to wait upwards of a week very often for things that are being delivered within the UK and Ireland...

I have a code which grants you 10% *I think* off your first order. It might give subsequent discounts too if it's not your first - I'm not sure exactly how it works, but here's the code anyway: CFK776

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Anyone ever used Animal Cuts?

Any opinions on it, any use? Does it work? Side effects?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

vard wrote: »
    I use iherb.com. US based, but they do free worldwide shipping. It's still cheaper than anything this side of the pond with shipping included. I ordered a few boxes of protein bars on Tues - vat free, and far cheaper than any sites here - order was confirmed, shipped and delivered just over a day later. Received today. Really quite impressive - I find I have to wait upwards of a week very often for things that are being delivered within the UK and Ireland...

I have a code which grants you 10% *I think* off your first order. It might give subsequent discounts too if it's not your first - I'm not sure exactly how it works, but here's the code anyway: CFK776
    How is it tax free? Sounds good anyway, will have a look, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Anyone ever used Animal Cuts?

Any opinions on it, any use? Does it work? Side effects?

Ive done 2 course of cuts 1 month on, 1 month off 1 month on.

I'm sorry to report that they did nothing for me, weight came off in line to my nutrition and the loss stayed constant through the on and off months. I'm not saying it doesnt work, it just didnt work for me!!
    When i think back i dont recall ever even getting a diuretic effect.....

Your cash may be best spent elsewhere, but thats up to you...hope that helps!!

10% off unsportsnutrition.ie when you use FACE10

Good if you want to pick up a bag of whey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Has anyone a link to a good article explaining why anyone doing serious training should take protein after weights session and recovery shake after serious cardio workouts?

Trying to get unbiased information on it that I can pass onto a few other people
    Cheers

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Has anyone a link to a good article explaining why anyone doing serious training should take protein after weights session and recovery shake after serious cardio workouts?

Trying to get unbiased information on it that I can pass onto a few other people
    Cheers

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/muscle-growth-and-pos-workout-nutrition.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

Folks, quick question, I have started using Whey and have trained for the last 5 days taking a shake in the morning and one after training.
    I am on a rest day today, should I be taking a shakes on days I don't train?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Spiritual wrote: »
    Folks, quick question, I have started using Whey and have trained for the last 5 days taking a shake in the morning and one after training.
    I am on a rest day today, should I be taking a shakes on days I don't train?

Well if you need the protein, take it.
    If you don't need the protein, don't take it simple.

How many grams of protein do you eat a day?

At the end of the day they whey shake is the same as 100g of chicken or 400ml of milk or some cottage cheese etc..

double GG wrote: »
    Well if you need the protein, take it.
    If you don't need the protein, don't take it simple.

How many grams of protein do you eat a day?

I try to stay close to the 1g per 1 pound body weight, so 200 a day.
    Have dropped 28lbs through cardio and now using the whey to aid weight loss of another 10lb and build lean muscle.

I try to stay close to the 1g per 1 pound body weight, so 200 a day.
    Have dropped 28lbs through cardio and now using the whey to aid weight loss of another 10lb and build lean muscle.

So add up your amount of protein you take in from foods. If you need more protein take the shake or 2 if you need it.

So add up your amount of protein you take in from foods. If you need more protein take the shake or 2 if you need it.

I am confusing myself now. Even tough I am on rest days today and tomorrow, I should still take in the same level of protein, whether through food or supplement, as on a training day?

I am confusing myself now. Even tough I am on rest days today and tomorrow, I should still take in the same level of protein, whether through food or supplement, as on a training day?

As long as they fit in with your macros and calorie goal for the day, I would.

As long as they fit in with your macros and calorie goal for the day, I would.

OK, thanks for taking the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

xgtdec wrote: »
    Ive done 2 course of cuts 1 month on, 1 month off 1 month on.

I'm sorry to report that they did nothing for me, weight came off in line to my nutrition and the loss stayed constant through the on and off months. I'm not saying it doesnt work, it just didnt work for me!!
    When i think back i dont recall ever even getting a diuretic effect.....

Your cash may be best spent elsewhere, but thats up to you...hope that helps!!

thanks mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Anyone having problems with fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie lately? I ordered some stuff over a week ago, still not here. Supposed to be next day delivery. They won't answer calls or emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dka e80

Anyone know where I can get some of the bulkpowders stuff listed in the chart above?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Anyone know where I can get some of the bulkpowders stuff listed in the chart above?

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/

Deano7788 wrote: »

Smashing Deano, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

anyone else ever have their bulkpowders package opened by customs? If it was coming in from outside the EU Id fair enough theyre after VAT revenue, but it was coming from england, did they think bulkpowders were sending me an enormous box of Dbol?

anyone else ever have their bulkpowders package opened by customs? If it was coming in from outside the EU Id fair enough theyre after VAT revenue, but it was coming from england, did they think bulkpowders were sending me an enormous box of Dbol?

How do you know it was opened?

How do you know it was opened?

it was resealed with tape that had 'Customs' all over it

it was resealed with tape that had 'Customs' all over it

Jeez thats odd, maybe they had reason to believe it was some sort of drug hoist?

Not saying it was but maybe at the time they were expecting some foreign drugs to be sent in this way?

• Advertisement

yeah I thought it was odd too-I wonder do they open packages if theyre from littlewoods or the like?

Advertisement