Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

jugger0 wrote: »

How long did you take it before your workout? did you get really bad cotton mouth? first time i took it at 6 and didn't sleep a wink that night, felt like i was hungover the next day.

Yeah I did get cotton mouth but it wasn't really bad. I always bring a bottle if water with me, but I noticed I was going through it much quicker than usual!

Took it around 50 minutes before my workout. Had it around 5 yesterday evening and couldn't really sleep til around half 2, so I'll be taking it earlier in the day next time.

I say I felt like I had "cleaner energy", as in I didn't feel like I was just buzzing off too much caffeine. It was different. Like usually after doing a set of bicep curls for example, my arms are pretty tired, but yesterday my 3rd set still felt like my 1st set. Seemed like I recovered quicker or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

anyone know a good ZMA supp that is cheap enough? Or a similar product, my sleep is whack at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

srumball wrote: »
    anyone know a good ZMA supp that is cheap enough? Or a similar product, my sleep is whack at the moment!

I hear melatonin is pretty good, not sure where to buy it/ if it needs a prescription here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

jugger0 wrote: »
    I hear melatonin is pretty good, not sure where to buy it/ if it needs a prescription here though.

I don't think you can get it here without a prescription, you can in the states alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I got a secret Santa code of Myprotein. I was going to use it to try their vanilla & raspberry whey as I have plenty of whey and can wait a month for it to do its mystery tour.

OUT OF STOCK!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So lads, really really sorry for asking a question that has been asked a million times already.

But what are your thoughts on consuming Whey on your "off days"?

I mean, i'm not doing anything heavy, i'm doing Convict Conditioning upper body one day, followed by running (couch to 5k) and lower body Convict Conditioning the next. Although I don't "work" EVERY day. I might take 1 day off from anything strenuous in every 3.

Note: I am also using the Whey as a supplement as I don't get enough protein in my diet normally!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So lads, really really sorry for asking a question that has been asked a million times already.

But what are your thoughts on consuming Whey on your "off days"?

I mean, i'm not doing anything heavy, i'm doing Convict Conditioning upper body one day, followed by running (couch to 5k) and lower body Convict Conditioning the next. Although I don't "work" EVERY day. I might take 1 day off from anything strenuous in every 3.

Note: I am also using the Whey as a supplement as I don't get enough protein in my diet normally!

At the end of the day, whey is simply protein. Like you said you don't get enough protein from your diet so if it fits your protein macro, take it. If it doesn't, don't take it. Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

double GG wrote: »
    At the end of the day, whey is simply protein. Like you said you don't get enough protein from your diet so if it fits your protein macro, take it. If it doesn't, don't take it. Simple.

This ^^

Don't forget you are still recovering on off days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

srumball wrote: »

I don't think you can get it here without a prescription, you can in the states alright.

I have the ON melatonin. It works well. I got it from the states no bother. Try Animal PM, I much prefer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

Anyone having problems getting in contact with FSV? There phoneline goes straight to voicemail now and I have twice left messages in the comments section of the website but heard nothing back.

• Advertisement

There was a short conversation abou them a few pages back:

Crasp wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie lately? I ordered some stuff over a week ago, still not here. Supposed to be next day delivery. They won't answer calls or emails.
    blighter wrote: »
    Yes, I believe they turned into a scam website. I've placed an order, paid and no sign of goods being delivered. Impossible to contact them in any way. Already reported to hotline.ie and going to report to Garda as well. The owners of this site run another scam website todaysdeals.ie.
    I used a virtual visa card. Reported to them as well, they are processing it but not sure regarding the outcome. With a normal cc I would be much more confident to get the money back. (well, at least they don't have my actual cc details).
    Believe me, I would be there straight away but they provide no physical address and after some additional research it links to a virtual office in Dublin 8.
    The Guvnor wrote: »
    FSV from memory were/are based out in Greenouge (sp) in Rathcoole.
    They are based above Rathcoole motors. Owner of business is Brendan Sheenhan bother of actor Robert Sheehan who plays Darren in Love Hate.
    Crasp wrote: »
    Regarding FSV.ie, I'm going to the bank tomorrow to cancel my credit card payment and try to get my money back. 10 days later, no sign of delivery, no email response, no phone response, answering machine can no longer receive messages (full).

So they've all died or ****ed off abroad or something.. Either way I'm getting my money back. It was a large order. Ordered off them before and had a great experience, so it's a shame.

Never been in this situation before :S

Thanks MrStuffins for going to all of that effort. I dont visit the thread much so didnt really know where to look with 300+ pages.

Any of yas using Peptopro? Hearing good things, but not really arsed throwing 40 blips at it for 500g.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Dathai wrote: »
    Any of yas using Peptopro? Hearing good things, but not really arsed throwing 40 blips at it for 500g.

I wil be once my protein get their act together and deliver it to me.

Hanley wrote: »
    I wil be once my protein get their act together and deliver it to me.

Ordered in two parts, part one was waiting for me when I got home... PeptoPro remains out standing!!

20605_10151355776145115_597495329_n.jpg

That Beta Alanine does not mix well at all btw. I had it before and just bought caps. Unless they've changed it somehow, it's gonna be nasty!

Dathai wrote: »
    That Beta Alanine does not mix well at all btw. I had it before and just bought caps. Unless they've changed it somehow, it's gonna be nasty!

yah it seems very crystallized at the moment. Mneh. I'll survive.

Ordered in two parts, part one was waiting for me when I got home... PeptoPro remains out standing!!

But did you get a free copy of pro-evo 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

link_2007 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems getting in contact with FSV? There phoneline goes straight to voicemail now and I have twice left messages in the comments section of the website but heard nothing back.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    There was a short conversation abou them a few pages back:

I should point out that I did eventually receive my FSV order last week. After about 2 and half weeks! But nonetheless it did arrive...

20605_10151355776145115_597495329_n.jpg

How many mixing bottles do you need to use at once? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Anyone any experience with using D-Aspartic Acid? Was reading up on it and it sounds good, just wondering if it is all hype though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Scientific studies apparently prove it increases testosterone by 30% or so, but there's not enough studies to say if there are any side effects.
    http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Blog/tabid/130/EntryId/611/D-Aspartic-Acid-Is-It-All-Hype.aspx

Thanks for the answers lads.

Another question, at the moment I weigh 189lbs. I've read that a good benchmark for intake of protein should be ~1g per lb you weigh. So that would be 189 a day correct?

However, my fitness loving friend reckons ~80 - 100 should be fine.

What would you opinions be on this? So far this week i've been hitting 100-120g a day.

Note, i'm not doing any huge listing or anything. I'm doing bodyweight training and running. My goal isn't to get huge or anything, but to make sure my muscles recover and get stronger.

I always aim for a gram per pound myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Anybody using ZMA for sleep? My sleep is all over the place last 6 months.

Mr. Stuffins, go with the 1g/lb. or 2.2g/kg.

I just started taking ZMA's because I got some free, I can't really say if they do anything for sleep, because my sleep was grand anyway.

Mmm, ok. Have you noticed any other benefits?

Anybody using ZMA for sleep? My sleep is all over the place last 6 months.

Mr. Stuffins, go with the 1g/lb. or 2.2g/kg.

I've 2 nights sleep w/ ZMA under my belt, and I don't know if it's placebo or not, but it seems to be doing what it says it should do. I've woken up feeling better and had freaky dreams both nights.

Could also be me making a conscious effort to get to bed earlier BECAUSE I'm using ZMA, but whatev's, if that's all it is i'll keep paying for ZMA to force myself into 7-8 hours :)

I've 2 nights sleep w/ ZMA under my belt, and I don't know if it's placebo or not, but it seems to be doing what it says it should do. I've woken up feeling better and had freaky dreams both nights.

Could also be me making a conscious effort to get to bed earlier BECAUSE I'm using ZMA, but whatev's, if that's all it is i'll keep paying for ZMA to force myself into 7-8 hours :)

Yeah I'm in the same boat, as in, I've just started taking it and had great sleep but I don't know if that's because of the ZMA.

As for any other benefits I don't know, I think the marketing of it about increasing testosterone has been proven to be just that, marketing.

• Advertisement

I need the dead to the world, sleeping like a log type sleep. I've no prob dreaming. In fact that's a part of the problem, I really think I'm rarely getting past the dream state and getting major sleep benefits. Bordering on insomnia a while back.

I'll try it.

Advertisement