Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Hanley wrote: »
    I wil be once my protein get their act together and deliver it to me.

Think DPD should take a lot of blame from complaints about myprotein deliveries.

They always send the e-mail saying your delivery will arrive between xx:xx and xx:xx so you wait around all day and it never arrives.

Then when they arrive at another date when im at work, they refuse to bring the delivery to my door of my 4th floor apartment, leaving my missus with the heavy lifting at the front door to the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Freaky dreams sounds cool - now freaky in a good way or a scary way? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Mmm, ok. Have you noticed any other benefits?

Stops me rolling out of bed

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

For anyone who takes ON Amino Energy, it seems to be going up to €42 retail price from €29.95 very soon, stock up if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

dan185 wrote: »
    For anyone who takes ON Amino Energy, it seems to be going up to €42 retail price from €29.95 very soon, stock up if you can.

Where did u hear this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Is taking Amino's after training the best time to take them?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

I work in the business. Also I ordered off their site the other day and it's showing as €42 on the confirmation email, although is still €29.95 on their site.

zwe8F.png

I work in the business. Also I ordered off their site the other day and it's showing as €42 on the confirmation email, although is still €29.95 on their site.

zwe8F.png

Well that sucks, The price was the best thing there, if its goin up to 42 I might move on to Xtend.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Well that sucks, The price was the best thing there, if its goin up to 42 I might move on to Xtend.

I work in a supplement shop and ours is no where near that price. The shop I previously worked in also had it at a much lower price. Both well below €30. Trying my best not to plug either shop mods. Shop around.

Oisín

Edit: To be honest Xtend is a superior product in my opinion anyway haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Oisinjm wrote: »
    I work in a supplement shop and ours is no where near that price. The shop I previously worked in also had it at a much lower price. Both well below €30. Trying my best not to plug either shop mods. Shop around.

Oisín

Edit: To be honest Xtend is a superior product in my opinion anyway haha

OUT WITH IT!! What shops?

• Advertisement

Dathai wrote: »
    Any of yas using Peptopro? Hearing good things, but not really arsed throwing 40 blips at it for 500g.

PeptoPro just arrived. F*ck all y'all. MyProtein still deliver to me in a timely and efficient manner.

OUT WITH IT!! What shops?

PM sent! :p

Oisín

I've always seen it for around €25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

PeptoPro just arrived. F*ck all y'all. MyProtein still deliver to me in a timely and efficient manner.

Let us know if you notice a difference in recovery

Let us know if you notice a difference in recovery

I'm not struggling at all with recovery at the moment so doubt there'll be a perceptible difference. All accounts seem to suggest beta alanine takes 2-3 weeks to start having an effect too, and I know creatine takes around a week, so I'm guessing training will stay "easy" for some time. Maybe I should just start working heavier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

does anyone here know anything about Crill oil, any results/benefits? I didn't really notice any benefit with Spirulina, but I found wheatgrass and green tea very beneficial to overall health, recovery time and stamina for running. Also I take lots of Flaxseed oil which is better than codliver oil regarding joints for long distance running and general flexibility.

I haven't gone back over all the pages, so sorry if this is doubling up, any feedback on these supplements would be appreciated.

Last thing I have some glucosamine and find it hard enough on the stomach, is there a way to take it, early, late, with food, without that makes it easier to take? I recommended it to some friends doing a lot of running, and they have less knee and hip pain. It doesn;t seem to suit my stomach.

I'm not struggling at all with recovery at the moment so doubt there'll be a perceptible difference. All accounts seem to suggest beta alanine takes 2-3 weeks to start having an effect too, and I know creatine takes around a week, so I'm guessing training will stay "easy" for some time. Maybe I should just start working heavier.

Hmm.. It would be hard to work out if pepto pro was worth the price then.

Hmm.. It would be hard to work out if pepto pro was worth the price then.

Truth!! It's not a concern tho. I want a productive training cycle above everything right now. SERIOUSLY bloated after today tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

hi everyone,
    new to the supplement thing, i train around 4 times a week, 3 if i've too much work, looking for an all rounder that will support bigger gains and aid recovery, i don't get enough protein in my diet usually. What would you reccommend?
    Thanks

EDIT: Sorry if this has been asked numerous times, search function wouldnt work for me

DramaQuee wrote: »
    does anyone here know anything about Crill oil, any results/benefits? I didn't really notice any benefit with Spirulina, but I found wheatgrass and green tea very beneficial to overall health, recovery time and stamina for running. Also I take lots of Flaxseed oil which is better than codliver oil regarding joints for long distance running and general flexibility.

I haven't gone back over all the pages, so sorry if this is doubling up, any feedback on these supplements would be appreciated.

Last thing I have some glucosamine and find it hard enough on the stomach, is there a way to take it, early, late, with food, without that makes it easier to take? I recommended it to some friends doing a lot of running, and they have less knee and hip pain. It doesn;t seem to suit my stomach.

Do you find yourself getting heartburn, indigestion after it? If so take it with food always with food

• Advertisement

Myprotein are doing 25% off today, meaning you can get 5kg of whey for 50euro. Code is FUEL2013.

Got me some beta alanine and accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Has anybody used Ripped Freak Pre Workout... got a few samples.. not usually a fan of these products myself.. is it worth trying

dar926 wrote: »
    Has anybody used Ripped Freak Pre Workout... got a few samples.. not usually a fan of these products myself.. is it worth trying

You got it for free, you might as well try it. You'll find out for yourself though that this particular pwo is underdosed, too expensive and ineffective. Don't go buying a tub!

Oisín

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Any one reccomend a good protein shake with low carbs/calories?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

SRFC wrote: »
    Any one reccomend a good protein shake with low carbs/calories?

The Majority of them. Try

MyProtein
    Discountsupplements.ie
    discountsupplements.co.uk
    bulkpowders

The majority of shakes can't be low cal as you are consuming on average at least 100 cals from protein in each shake.

Take a look at the carbs in each of the proteins in each of the above and decide yourself.

Hey all,

Just wondering whats the best way to take creatine?

I've never taken it before, and I have got some creatine pills and I've read that they need to be taken with a sugar/carb source...Is this true?

These are the creatine pills I've been given by a mate.

He just told me to give these ones a try to see how I get on with them, he suggested 2 pre session and 2 post session...

Any help would be great

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Hey all,

Just wondering whats the best way to take creatine?

I've never taken it before, and I have got some creatine pills and I've read that they need to be taken with a sugar/carb source...Is this true?

These are the creatine pills I've been given by a mate.

He just told me to give these ones a try to see how I get on with them, he suggested 2 pre session and 2 post session...

Any help would be great

Cheers in advance

I'd say get the powdered creatine. Stick to the 5mg serving per day. It'll last you longer and cheaper too. Any monohydrate will do

I'd say get the powdered creatine. Stick to the 5mg serving per day. It'll last you longer and cheaper too. Any monohydrate will do

Don't have the money at the moment, thats why my mate gave me some of his pills...

If I was taking a creatine powder, would I be best to take it pre workout or post?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Don't have the money at the moment, thats why my mate gave me some of his pills...

If I was taking a creatine powder, would I be best to take it pre workout or post?

Well I take a serving before and after my workout. 10mins before and after, but thats just me,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Post workout anyways.

Advertisement