Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Ordered off MP on new years day. Get dispatch mail today saying delivery is on 15 January. It must be going on a mystery tour.

I think I'll use bulk powders for any big proper purchases.

That's pretty bad, where do they get off with that sh!t ? What are the delivery times like with bulk powders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

KTRIC wrote: »

That's pretty bad, where do they get off with that sh!t ? What are the delivery times like with bulk powders?

2 day DPD with bulk powders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

2 day DPD with bulk powders.

Thats pretty good but its about €10 shipping. Still a very good replacement for myprotein.com. Might move my business to BP instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Even after my difficult time previously with MP (bag delivered with a hole in it, took bout 25days to get a replacement package), I decided I'd try and order again.

I submitted my order on the 29/12/12. Only today got a dispatch email saying it will be delivered on or before the 15th of Jan.

Running outa patience with these cowboys tbh. Its tragic cause I love their products, the whole company is just a disaster!

Their customer service is horrendously shocking!

If it does take until the 15th or later then I am definitely switching, might try BP as people here have suggested, they seem to have a very similar product range at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

To be honest the amount of money that you save from these places has been decreasing over the last number of years, and now with MP there's the added hassle of fúcked up orders and awful delivery times. Only thing I'm going to buy from BP or MP from now on is 5kg bags of protein. Going to get the rest from the likes of ROS. At least that way I get to support a good Irish company. They have most of the stuff I want anyway.

Oisín

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

What shake is this? Seems good.

:D I know you worked it out but...

The Pure Whey is 75% protein.

The 85g total is down to the 80g of the Avenches Biotech and 500ml of Cravendale milk.

I just actually finised the shake now as it happens as had three meals in the interim period.

Just on all of this always find it funny when I hear people talking about how many servings per tub without asking what the serving size is, bit like asking how many chicken breasts in that 5kg tray I just bought.

20 or 40 breasts makes no difference as it is still 5kg!

I was once told on two 5lb tubs that A was better than B as it had 90 servings and B only had 75!biggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

MP's fall from grace here on this thread is pleasing to the eye , never rated them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Oisinjm wrote: »
    To be honest the amount of money that you save from these places has been decreasing over the last number of years, and now with MP there's the added hassle of fúcked up orders and awful delivery times. Only thing I'm going to buy from BP or MP from now on is 5kg bags of protein. Going to get the rest from the likes of ROS. At least that way I get to support a good Irish company. They have most of the stuff I want anyway.

Oisín

What site is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

I'm assuming he means www.rosnutrition.com

vigos wrote: »

That's them alright.

Oisín

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

The Vitals
    5'10
    11 stone(Very lean)
    good diet
    find it hard to put on weight (less than half a stone in a month of training)

Goals: Put on a stone of lean muscle and generally improve strength levels

I am currently on a strength + conditioning plan for the Gaa off season and I am using http://www.iprotein.ie/phd-synergy pre and post work-outs.While I have made some gains I feel this could be a good time to switch supplements.

Could any-one with more experience make a recommendation as too what supplements I should consider?

Bearing in mind I will be doing hard cardio 2-3 times a week coupled with 2/3 gym vists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

+1 on ROS, They've got a great selection and its cheap enough too. Ordered from them and it pretty much came next day, no hassle.

People who ordered from MyProtein recently, did the courier label have your full address?

I got a dispatch mail and it only has one line on it. The name of the business building but not my name, the company name or the rest of the address. I just want to check if this is a dispatch email bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

People who ordered from MyProtein recently, did the courier label have your full address?

I got a dispatch mail and it only has one line on it. The name of the business building but not my name, the company name or the rest of the address. I just want to check if this is a dispatch email bug.

Yup, just got an email from them this morning with the same problem - nothing there bar the street the building is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

At least yours had a street name all mine said was "NA" was also given the 15th Jan as delivery date so will see.

At least yours had a street name all mine said was "NA" was also given the 15th Jan as delivery date so will see.

Yeah that's what mine is like. Building name then NA. Delivery 15 Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mine was the same, just the first line of the address.

However, it was delivered fine. A day early in fact. This was just a few weeks back.

MrStuffins wrote: »

Mine was the same, just the first line of the address.

However, it was delivered fine. A day early in fact. This was just a few weeks back.

Was the delivery label correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Was the delivery label correct?

I can't be 100% on that one.

MrStuffins wrote: »

I can't be 100% on that one.

Worse comes to worse I'll open a PayPal dispute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

It just seems to be a dispatch email glitch, same thing happened to me. But it arrived fine with my full address on the package.

Hey just a quick one...

Creatine on non training days?

Hey just a quick one...

Creatine on non training days?

Yes

Oisín

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Yes

Oisín

Same as on training days yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

what is The best pre work out suppliment that will give that extra strength in the gym . i have used Jack 3C before and found it ok . at moment im takin On Protein And ON Createine tabs 2tabs 3 times a day .. whats best preworkout supplment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Same as on training days yeah?

Yes, 3-5 grams everyday. No need to load or cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

hypermuse wrote: »
    Even after my difficult time previously with MP (bag delivered with a hole in it, took bout 25days to get a replacement package), I decided I'd try and order again.

I submitted my order on the 29/12/12. Only today got a dispatch email saying it will be delivered on or before the 15th of Jan.

Running outa patience with these cowboys tbh. Its tragic cause I love their products, the whole company is just a disaster!

Their customer service is horrendously shocking!

If it does take until the 15th or later then I am definitely switching, might try BP as people here have suggested, they seem to have a very similar product range at least!

I ordered stuff at the beginning of the week and only checked the dispatch email just there.

Should be here by the 17th. I've never had to wait that long before. At most 3-5 days. Won't be impressed if I don't get it until the 17th.

I ordered stuff at the beginning of the week and only checked the dispatch email just there.

Should be here by the 17th. I've never had to wait that long before. At most 3-5 days. Won't be impressed if I don't get it until the 17th.

They are using MHI instead of DPD so it takes long as it goes through the postal system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

They are using MHI instead of DPD so it takes long as it goes through the postal system.

Ya know, this might not be the worst.

I've had huge problems with DPD in the past. The depot is in the same industrial estate as me and we are open 24hours. They contacted me once to say that they couldn't deliver as the door was closed. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

Just a quick question does anyone drink protien shakes during there workouts.

Advertisement