Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

They are using MHI instead of DPD so it takes long as it goes through the postal system.

My last package was shipped from the UK, to Germany, back to the UK, then to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

You lot are gas... constantly on here giving out about MyProtein! Simple answer, stop buying off them and use another wholesaler!! There's quite a few Bulkpowders, ironscience, rosnutrtiton(ive never used this one myself) etc
    They're all around the same price for stuff, and have pretty much the same stock or at least have something the equivalent of whatever you would be looking for!

I just ordered a load of supps off bulkpowders on Monday night and will expect my stuff to arrive tomorrow or latest Friday and would be very surprised if i didn't! And thats with the cheaper delivery option too not the 10pound sterling 2 day delivery jobby!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Ordered some PeptoPro earlier, figured I'd see what the fuss is about. It's basically just a really advanced 'night-time' protein right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Liam90 wrote: »
    Yes, 3-5 grams everyday. No need to load or cycle.

Cheers mate, figured I'd just take the same as I would on a workout day, circa 4.6g

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

You lot are gas... constantly on here giving out about MyProtein! Simple answer, stop buying off them and use another wholesaler!! There's quite a few Bulkpowders, ironscience, rosnutrtiton(ive never used this one myself) etc
    They're all around the same price for stuff, and have pretty much the same stock or at least have something the equivalent of whatever you would be looking for!!

Just like to add ROS isn't really a wholesaler. Wouldn't compare them to MP or BulkPowders. Just a good, solid and cheap Irish supplement company.

Oisín

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

which do people think are the best tastewise for whey protein (except MP's Impact of course)?

which do people think are the best tastewise for whey protein (except MP of course)?

ON Gold Standard Double Choc is quiet nice

H&B Strawberry is nice, tastes the exact same as ON Gold Standard Strawberry, buts the H&B stuff is way too expensive only using it as i managed to get 5kg for 70€ :D

Kenetica Chocolate is ok, but its a bitch to mix

They're the only proteins I've drank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Hi this is my first time posting in this forum so hope I'm putting it in the right place.

Signed up for a six week training programme to loose weight which included a food plan to follow. Included in the food plan was protein shakes, omega 369 tablets, bcaa tablets and zinc/magnesium tablets. Are all of these really needed or is it a bit over the top. Iv never taken any sort of supplement before so just a bit unsure of taking what seems like a load of stuff to me. The fella isn't trying to make money as he doesn't sell any of the products himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Hi this is my first time posting in this forum so hope I'm putting it in the right place.

Signed up for a six week training programme to loose weight which included a food plan to follow. Included in the food plan was protein shakes, omega 369 tablets, bcaa tablets and zinc/magnesium tablets. Are all of these really needed or is it a bit over the top. Iv never taken any sort of supplement before so just a bit unsure of taking what seems like a load of stuff to me. The fella isn't trying to make money as he doesn't sell any of the products himself.

I've been lifting weights for 2/3 years now and IMO the highlighted supplements above are there to fuel a multi-billion dollar industry - unnecessary.
    If you're looking to put on some muscle and keep it relatively cheap, get a good protein (Optimum nutrition, Gaspari) and some creatine. If you're a skinny guy try some weight gainers.
    Most importantly eat a lot of meat, don't substitute lunch for example with a shake, good luck

Dietsquirt wrote: »

I've been lifting weights for 2/3 years now and IMO the highlighted supplements above are there to fuel a multi-billion dollar industry - unnecessary.
    If you're looking to put on some muscle and keep it relatively cheap, get a good protein (Optimum nutrition, Gaspari) and some creatine. If you're a skinny guy try some weight gainers.
    Most importantly eat a lot of meat, don't substitute lunch for example with a shake, good luck

Im really just trying to loose weight above all else, I have a strong build so I'm not looking to add bulk/muscle. I was told the tablets/shake were to assist in recovery. The shake was to be in addition to my meals not a substitute.

• Advertisement

Protein Shakes: Very easy way to get protein into your body, when your training your'll really find it helpful as protein is essential for muscle recovery, repair and building lean muscle

BCAA: These are 3 amino acids which will work in the body as a source of protein and also this particular combination are very good at prevention of lean muscle wastage

Zinc/Magnesium: Zinc is very good for the immune system which will be very important, especially if you've never undertaken training before, the exercise and diet will put your immune system under stress so the Zinc will help keep your defenses up. Magnesium is a good one for the muscles and bones, relaxes the muscles and can help with sleep.

Omega 3,6,9: The three omega combine to help the cardiovascular system ,also brain function. They also help the joints in the form of lubrication, so if your doing a lot of exercises that puts pressure on the kness, shoulder these should help.

All of the supplements suggested have good food sources, but if your trying to lose weight it may be very difficult to get all those in sufficient amounts though eating food.

Please note I'm a noob but I'm fairly confident I've covered everything...

Protein Shakes: Very easy way to get protein into your body, when your training your'll really find it helpful as protein is essential for muscle recovery, repair and building lean muscle

BCAA: These are 3 amino acids which will work in the body as a source of protein and also this particular combination are very good at prevention of lean muscle wastage

Zinc/Magnesium: Zinc is very good for the immune system which will be very important, especially if you've never undertaken training before, the exercise and diet will put your immune system under stress so the Zinc will help keep your defenses up. Magnesium is a good one for the muscles and bones, relaxes the muscles and can help with sleep.

Omega 3,6,9: The three omega combine to help the cardiovascular system ,also brain function. They also help the joints in the form of lubrication, so if your doing a lot of exercises that puts pressure on the kness, shoulder these should help.

All of the supplements suggested have good food sources, but if your trying to lose weight it may be very difficult to get all those in sufficient amounts though eating food.

Please note I'm a noob but I'm fairly confident I've covered everything...

Can there be side effects to taking all of the above, is it necessary to take bout the shakes and the bcaa, from the explanation they seem to be fairly similar

Can there be side effects to taking all of the above, is it necessary to take bout the shakes and the bcaa, from the explanation they seem to be fairly similar

Well BCAA's are a blend of 3 specific amino acids, and to be honest a lot of shakes have them added. What is your current weight and BF% and how much are you looking to lose and in what time frame?

Taking too much Magnesium can give you the st!ts, zinc taking over a long time can lower copper levels but thats if your taking it long term(Alot of zinc supps can be brought with copper added)

Fish oils no side effects from my knowledge.

Your not taking any meds are you? Cause if you are I've just ask your doc to air on the side of caution as we can't discuss it on here

Well BCAA's are a blend of 3 specific amino acids, and to be honest a lot of shakes have them added. What is your current weight and BF% and how much are you looking to lose and in what time frame?

Taking too much Magnesium can give you the st!ts, zinc taking over a long time can lower copper levels but thats if your taking it long term(Alot of zinc supps can be brought with copper added)

Fish oils no side effects from my knowledge.

Your not taking any meds are you? Cause if you are I've just ask your doc to air on the side of caution as we can't discuss it on here

No I'm not on any meds, I don't know my BF% just yet, I'm starting the training programme next week and am getting all my measurements done before I start. At the moment I'm just studying the plan.

I'm not looking for dramatic weight loss, just natural progression due to improved diet and training routine

No I'm not on any meds, I don't know my BF% just yet, I'm starting the training programme next week and am getting all my measurements done before I start. At the moment I'm just studying the plan.

I'm not looking for dramatic weight loss, just natural progression due to improved diet and training routine

Well I'll tell you what I take

Multi Vit x1(a day)
    Fish Oil(high strength) x1(a day)
    B Complex x4(a day)
    Glucosamine x1(a day)
    ZMA x2(a day)
    Creatine x6(a day)

Protein shake x2(a day)

I'm currently getting back into training and looking to cut weight myself.

Mult vit has a bit of everything, inc Mag & Zinc
    B Complex as I'm getting up early and find taking these help with energy Glucosamine cause I've some cartilage damage in one knee
    ZMA good sourse of mag, Zinc and b6, also helps with recovery, muscle building and sleep
    Creatine, recovery and its supposed to help with going longer in the gym, but I've not noticed much with them yet, only been taking them 3 days:P

I'm aiming for 10-8kg weight lose, in a 16 week period, but I'm also in the process of cleaning my diet too which is the most important thing for weight lose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Well I'll tell you what I take

Multi Vit x1(a day)
    Fish Oil(high strength) x1(a day)
    B Complex x4(a day)
    Glucosamine x1(a day)
    ZMA x2(a day)
    Creatine x6(a day)

Protein shake x2(a day)

I'm currently getting back into training and looking to cut weight myself.

Mult vit has a bit of everything, inc Mag & Zinc
    B Complex as I'm getting up early and find taking these help with energy Glucosamine cause I've some cartilage damage in one knee
    ZMA good sourse of mag, Zinc and b6, also helps with recovery, muscle building and sleep
    Creatine, recovery and its supposed to help with going longer in the gym, but I've not noticed much with them yet, only been taking them 3 days:P

I'm aiming for 10-8kg weight lose, in a 16 week period, but I'm also in the process of cleaning my diet too which is the most important thing for weight lose

You take creatine 6 times a day?:eek:

You take creatine 6 times a day?:eek:

6 caps a day...4.6g

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

6 caps a day...4.6g

Oh I thought you were on powdered stuff. Was gonna call you mad!

Actually I remember answering your questions here not a week ago, apologies

Yea the food plan iv been given is a complete change for me and is going to be where the massive results come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Has anyone ordered from myprotein recently?

Have been using them for the last 2/3 years,just ordering 5kg whey at a time every few months. Put in an order on New Year's Day but still waiting on delivery. Ordinarily they'd have it delivered within 2 working days but now when I look at the delivery tracker,it's says its been sitting in the export depot (which I assume is in the UK) since the 8th. I'm guessing I won't have this til next week at the earliest now.

Really annoyed because the main reason I used them was how quick their deliveries were. Has anyone else had this issue recently? Have they changed the delivery company they used to use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

jason2501 wrote: »
    Just a quick question does anyone drink protien shakes during there workouts.

Nobody then no!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

jason2501 wrote: »
    Nobody then no!!!

I see the odd person in my gym drinking them during a session but I don't see the benefit, I'd say it's more of an aesthetic thing for their image! I mean it's not like they are doing long heavy sessions.

I take mine when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Arctic89 wrote: »

Have been using them for the last 2/3 years,just ordering 5kg whey at a time every few months. Put in an order on New Year's Day but still waiting on delivery. Ordinarily they'd have it delivered within 2 working days but now when I look at the delivery tracker,it's says its been sitting in the export depot (which I assume is in the UK) since the 8th. I'm guessing I won't have this til next week at the earliest now.

Really annoyed because the main reason I used them was how quick their deliveries were. Has anyone else had this issue recently? Have they changed the delivery company they used to use?

If you read back over the last 50 comments you'll find a load of people (myself included) who ordered with MP ages ago and are still waiting on delivery..

I think everyone is expecting delivery on or before the 15th. I ordered mine on the 29th of Dec. Shocking!

The general consensus on this thread now seems to be that everyone is experiencing problems with MP even though they were fantastic in the past!
    They are building an unreliable and "cowboy" image.
    I myself will not be ordering from them again for various reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Just like to add ROS isn't really a wholesaler. Wouldn't compare them to MP or BulkPowders. Just a good, solid and cheap Irish supplement company.

Oisín

Sorry, as i said ive never ordered off them myself but after a quick scan all the products i seen were there own brand so just made an assumption! my point still stands, if your not happy with MyProtein stop using them there are other options out there of equal if not better quality! Just tired of reading people constantly moaning... we all know there shit now lets move on!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sorry, as i said ive never ordered off them myself but after a quick scan all the products i seen were there own brand so just made an assumption! my point still stands, if your not happy with MyProtein stop using them there are other options out there of equal if not better quality! Just tired of reading people constantly moaning... we all know there shit now lets move on!:rolleyes:

Another company is The Protein Works. It is only new and founded by three ex-myprotein directors

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

hypermuse wrote: »
    If you read back over the last 50 comments you'll find a load of people (myself included) who ordered with MP ages ago and are still waiting on delivery..

I think everyone is expecting delivery on or before the 15th. I ordered mine on the 29th of Dec. Shocking!

The general consensus on this thread now seems to be that everyone is experiencing problems with MP even though they were fantastic in the past!
    They are building an unreliable and "cowboy" image.
    I myself will not be ordering from them again for various reasons.

Cheers.

Yeah wont be ordering from them again. Amazing how they could go from great service to this so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

tmc86 wrote: »
    I see the odd person in my gym drinking them during a session but I don't see the benefit, I'd say it's more of an aesthetic thing for their image! I mean it's not like they are doing long heavy sessions.

I take mine when I get home.
    Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Arctic89 wrote: »

It seems they've switched to a new delivery company.

I ordered from them a few weeks back and received my order a week later, a day earlier than the dispatch email suggested.

I ordered from them again the on Tuesday night. Delivery is expected next Friday.

I'd imagine that the main difference now is their delivery methods. The stuff is good stuff, it just doesn't come as quick (I ordered from them in the past and it came in 2 working days).

If my package comes as expected before next Friday I won't have a problem ordering from them again, i'll just make sure to order a week earlier than I normally do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Just after ordering some creatine, but I've never really taken it before.

Is the loading followed by maintenance phase the best way to take it? Or should I just take 5g a day consistently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    Just after ordering some creatine, but I've never really taken it before.

Is the loading followed by maintenance phase the best way to take it? Or should I just take 5g a day consistently?

5g a day. Don't need loading phase.

Advertisement