Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

john_cappa wrote: »
    1 kilo should be around 40 euro so that is expensive. Smaller amounts always are though.

Still not too bad really - getting roughly 62 days out of it going by the recommended usage.

6g x 21 days loading
    3g x 41 days maintenance

Just reading up about recommended dosage. Is there a point at which you should take a break and then begin from loading again? I know generally most articles say to allow 12 weeks for fullest of the benefits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

I think the lads at the Irish strength institute sell some of poliquins stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Binge101

Why are you guys against a loading phase for creatine?

Everywhere I look a loading phase is recommended.
    What is the advantage of a loading phase?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Binge101 wrote: »

You're going to reach the same level of creatine in your body, just a day or two later if you don't do a load. Also a lot of people, me included get stomach discomfort if they take around 20g a day as recommended on a loading phase.

Oisín

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Binge101 wrote: »

tbh it doesn't make much of a difference bar gastric issues. If you don't have gastric issues, load the creatine at 20 grams for 5 days. If you do have gastric issues you can try 10g loading for 10 days or just do 5g each day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Anyone jumping on this DAA aspartic acid craze? found in some natural T boosters, proven to increase test even though its obvious it would be only slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

The loading phase is a market gimmick! Just want you to spend more of your cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Decided to try Creatine in capsule format for my next cycle, and whilst I also do a 5-day loading phase myself (and drink minimum 4 litres water a day), I'm not sure whether to swallow the capsules whole, or do I have to bite into them to release the powder?

Charisteas wrote: »
    Decided to try Creatine in capsule format for my next cycle, and whilst I also do a 5-day loading phase myself (and drink minimum 4 litres water a day), I'm not sure whether to swallow the capsules whole, or do I have to bite into them to release the powder?

If you're going to bite them you might as well just take the powdered version. Like normal tablets they'll get broken down by the acids in your stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If you're going to bite them you might as well just take the powdered version. Like normal tablets they'll get broken down by the acids in your stomach.

Yeah good point.

There's people on adverts.ie selling Creatine powder at decent prices but I find that the powder only really goes well with fruit juice, and I've decided to drink only water for a few months.

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yeah good point.

There's people on adverts.ie selling Creatine powder at decent prices but I find that the powder only really goes well with fruit juice, and I've decided to drink only water for a few months.

Just down it tbh, it's not the nicest but you'll have it down in a few seconds. You'll save more money with the powdered version anyway. Say you get one kilo from myprotein/bulkpowders- 5g/day= 100 servings for <25euro? Tabs are expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Supplemtns:
    • Cup of strong coffee before GYM.
    • Whey Protein for after GYM or a Run
    • Casein before bed on an active day. (Bought to give a try only started yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Anyone jumping on this DAA aspartic acid craze? found in some natural T boosters, proven to increase test even though its obvious it would be only slightly.

Ive used it, hard to say if it worked or if it wad more to do with the fact after spending the money on it I made sure as hell I slept enough to get my moneys worth out of it plus the placebo effect

it won't bring your test outside the normal range.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Carnivore Mass protein supplement - any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I'm going to order some peanut butter from bulkpowders, what is their peanut butter like compared to myprotein's?

and when would i expect delivery?

Liam90 wrote: »
    I'm going to order some peanut butter from bulkpowders, what is their peanut butter like compared to myprotein's?

and when would i expect delivery?

I never had myprotein peanut butter but BP was better then meridan for me. Not as grainy and the oil didn't separate as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

it won't bring your test outside the normal range.

True but it will help you produce the maximum amount your body's capable of naturally.

It could be placebo but I'm getting better workouts and have toned up slightly and generally feel a bit better about myself aswell as being a tad bit more irritable/aggresive ! I know it sounds a bit too much for a natural booster but I'm serious.

I'm due to finish this cycle Friday as that will be my 2 months thats stated to do. The last few days I am very paranoid though, I'm getting tingle like feelings in my chest ! A sign of an estrogen spike and the start of gyno.

I know when your T increases that naturally estrogen does too unless your taking something to stop it like steroid users do but for some reason I honestly think this stuff works. It's received great reviews but many including natural body builder lui macro (YouTube guru) have had similar feeling in regards to tingles in your chest when taking DAA.

Supposedly I Belive DAA is very borderline and leads down a slippery path mimicking effects of test being injected artificially into your body but without the gains and ball shrinkage but supposedly it does cause a spike in estrogen along with test.

Anyway I'm finished with these T boosters for good come Friday, DAA is too dodgy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

True but it will help you produce the maximum amount your body's capable of naturally.

It could be placebo but I'm getting better workouts and have toned up slightly and generally feel a bit better about myself aswell as being a tad bit more irritable/aggresive ! I know it sounds a bit too much for a natural booster but I'm serious.

I'm due to finish this cycle Friday as that will be my 2 months thats stated to do. The last few days I am very paranoid though, I'm getting tingle like feelings in my chest ! A sign of an estrogen spike and the start of gyno.

I know when your T increases that naturally estrogen does too unless your taking something to stop it like steroid users do but for some reason I honestly think this stuff works. It's received great reviews but many including natural body builder lui macro (YouTube guru) have had similar feeling in regards to tingles in your chest when taking DAA.

Supposedly I Belive DAA is very borderline and leads down a slippery path mimicking effects of test being injected artificially into your body but without the gains and ball shrinkage but supposedly it does cause a spike in estrogen along with test.

Anyway I'm finished with these T boosters for good come Friday, DAA is too dodgy for me.

Your man Lui Marco is an absolute joker and stop watching his videos. DAA is an amino acid, it won't bring your test levels outside a normal range. This also means that you won't get bitch tits. It's not dodgy at all.

To put it simply DAA has a chance to raise your test by MAYBE 50%. That's a big maybe. Lets say you produce 50mg a week, that raises it to 75mg. On an actual cycle of test people can take anywhere from 100mg to 1000mg+ extra on top of what they naturally produce.

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

lads - I have always taken a bedtime shake when I used MP's Impact Whey protein.
    As it turns out I now have a surplus of Hurricane XS which I always used post workout.
    Anyway my question is - if I use XS last thing at night am I going to put on shed loads of fat because of the carbs or am I over reacting

Ta

The site states the Nutritional value as...

Per 70g:
    Energy: 901.8kJ
    Energy: 219.3cal
    Protein (as-is): 29.6g
    Carbohydrates: 20.3g
    Fat: 2.5g

Also provides per 70g:
    HMB: 1.5g
    Creapure®: 5g

• Advertisement

RobAMerc wrote: »
    lads - I have always taken a bedtime shake when I used MP's Impact Whey protein.
    As it turns out I now have a surplus of Hurricane XS which I always used post workout.
    Anyway my question is - if I use XS last thing at night am I going to put on shed loads of fat because of the carbs or am I over reacting

Ta

The site states the Nutritional value as...

Per 70g:
    Energy: 901.8kJ
    Energy: 219.3cal
    Protein (as-is): 29.6g
    Carbohydrates: 20.3g
    Fat: 2.5g

Also provides per 70g:
    HMB: 1.5g
    Creapure®: 5g

I heard something about virgin olive oil slowing down the break down of protein throughout the night causing it to act more of a casein. Don't hold me too it but that's what I heard.

Marathon Bar is back and its a protein bar lol

mch-117_1z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

haha awesome, I do have a weakness for snickers.

They are so full of sugars though.

Where can I buy one of them? :pac:

Zombienosh wrote: »
    haha awesome, I do have a weakness for snickers.

They are so full of sugars though.

Yeah probably better to eat a snickers and drink some whey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Yeah probably better to eat a snickers and drink some whey

yeah, because they're only available in America they are lashed full of corn syrup.
    Ingredient Declaration:

CARAMEL (CORN SYRUP, POLYDEXTROSE, SUGAR, PALM KERNEL OIL, SKIM MILK, MILKFAT, GLYCERIN, SALT, WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, NATURAL FLAVOR), PEANUTS, SOY PROTEIN CRISPS (SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, TAPIOCA STARCH, SALT), SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, PEANUT FLOUR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, POLYDEXTROSE, CORN SYRUP, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, GLYCERIN, SUGAR, COCOA POWDER PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SALT, NATURAL FLAVOR, ALMONDS. VITAMINS AND MINERALS: TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, SODIUM ASCORBATE, NIACINAMIDE, VITAMIN E ACETATE, BIOTIN, FERROUS FUMARATE, D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, PYRIDOXINE HCL, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, ZINC OXIDE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, CYANOCOBALAMIN, FOLIC ACID.

PRODUCT IS KOSHER

ALLERGY INFORMATION: MAY CONTAIN ALMONDS.

http://www.marathonbars.com/?page=products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

So I've been back training for 9 days now and despite not having been in the gym for 5 months previous...

I haven't had the next morning inability, pain and stiffness, and I was wondering if this may be due to the creatine I've been taken?

Does creatine work that fast? Or am I not hitting the gym as hard as I think I am?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

So I've been back training for 9 days now and despite not having been in the gym for 5 months previous...

I haven't had the next morning inability, pain and stiffness, and I was wondering if this may be due to the creatine I've been taken?

Does creatine work that fast? Or am I not hitting the gym as hard as I think I am?
    Relying on delayed onset muscle soreness as a gauge for an effective workout isn't a good idea. Regardless, creatine would have negligible effects on this. You should notice a strength increase from creatine within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hide behind the post

Agree with the below ... Severity of DOMS while related to the stress/lactic build up etc. Does not indicate the quality of the workout ... Many variables.

I would suggest you review your routine - exercises, reps, sets - creatine will not directly affect DOMS...you should 'feel' like you worked a particular body part doesnt mean you have to be stiff as a board mind you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Agree with the below ... Severity of DOMS while related to the stress/lactic build up etc. Does not indicate the quality of the workout ... Many variables.

I would suggest you review your routine - exercises, reps, sets - creatine will not directly affect DOMS...you should 'feel' like you worked a particular body part doesnt mean you have to be stiff as a board mind you

Yeah I know, but I was just wondering as with me being out of the gym for so long...I was just expecting my body to crumble under my start back to the gym.

I'm using my first 4 weeks back to sort out my programme and adjust it to my needs.

Advertisement