Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Anyone ever try Dymatize protein products? If so, how does it compare with Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey or Casein?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Oisinjm wrote: »

Your man Lui Marco is an absolute joker and stop watching his videos. DAA is an amino acid, it won't bring your test levels outside a normal range. This also means that you won't get bitch tits. It's not dodgy at all.

To put it simply DAA has a chance to raise your test by MAYBE 50%. That's a big maybe. Lets say you produce 50mg a week, that raises it to 75mg. On an actual cycle of test people can take anywhere from 100mg to 1000mg+ extra on top of what they naturally produce.

Oisín

I taught lui was ok to be honest , he seems to know his stuff IMO. I dont agree with everything he says but he appears to practise what he preeches as far as body building anyway, some of his views outside that are pretty laugable i do imithe.

I know DAA wouldn't be anything drastic in regards to increasing your test but surely if it has the possibility of increasing your natural production by 50 % it's worth taking ?

I know you won't see any massive gains but I'm quite new to the hormone boosting side of things , increasing your test is surely a good thing no matter how small ?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I taught lui was ok to be honest , he seems to know his stuff IMO. I dont agree with everything he says but he appears to practise what he preeches as far as body building anyway, some of his views outside that are pretty laugable i do imithe.

I know DAA wouldn't be anything drastic in regards to increasing your test but surely if it has the possibility of increasing your natural production by 50 % it's worth taking ?

I know you won't see any massive gains but I'm quite new to the hormone boosting side of things , increasing your test is surely a good thing no matter how small ?

Sorry didn't mean to come across as if I'm against DAA, its a good product. Just was making the point that it won't increase your test to levels where gyno is going to happen. By all means take DAA for a test boost.

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

To put it simply DAA has a chance to raise your test by MAYBE 50%. That's a big maybe. Lets say you produce 50mg a week, that raises it to 75mg. On an actual cycle of test people can take anywhere from 100mg to 1000mg+ extra on top of what they naturally produce.

Oisín
    On a cycle, your natural test can shuts down, so in that case some of the dosage serves to get you make to normal levels, the remainder being the increase that give gains.

So if DAA can give a 50% increase, it could be the same as a low test cycle. Say some body (mid 20s) with 80-100mg increasing to 120-150mg.
    That said, I'd be dubious of the claims that it can give those increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

I have used DAA on a months cycle and found it excellent, the best natural test booster ive used, and ive tried a lot! To try it you can get D-POL (has other helpful vitamins included in pill) on Ebay for around 25euro delivered, thats a months cycle. I found a noticable difference after bout 10 days.

I was so impressed with its effects that i ordered 500g from a company called Shredd Brothers in the states, its the cheapest ive found online. You take 3g of powder per day. I also got 500g of BCAA, i think theyre worth checking out. I got both for 60 euro delivered which i thought was very reasonable. Quality of product is excellent. No customs issues.

• Advertisement

To let ye all know ive an Adverts ad for some rare L Arginine Nitrate NO3 powder, preworkout. Pm me here or on Ad for details, happy to answer any questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

My package should be delivered by atleast today. MHI says its in Germany, MP sent me a mail out of blue yesterday saying DPD has it and when I check dpd there is no status and its awaiting receipt of package since 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Mellor wrote: »
    On a cycle, your natural test can shuts down, so in that case some of the dosage serves to get you make to normal levels, the remainder being the increase that give gains.

So if DAA can give a 50% increase, it could be the same as a low test cycle. Say some body (mid 20s) with 80-100mg increasing to 120-150mg.
    That said, I'd be dubious of the claims that it can give those increases.

If you post cycle and use an AI does your natural test production shut down? Not the most knowledgeable on cycles etc, don't plan on going on one haha :o

Some studies state that DAA can give you a 50% increase, but as you said it's doubtful if you'd get anywhere near figures as high as that.

Oisín

If you post cycle and use an AI does your natural test production shut down? Not the most knowledgeable on cycles etc, don't plan on going on one haha :o

Some studies state that DAA can give you a 50% increase, but as you said it's doubtful if you'd get anywhere near figures as high as that.

Oisín

This discussion might get us into trouble due to charter but your natural test shut downs during the cycle but can be restored by PCT afterwards.

There is a thread on Lyle Mcdonald's forum about DAA and one of the lads did blood work before taking it for 2 months and afterwards. He had a 10% increase in total test and 25% in free test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I have used DAA on a months cycle and found it excellent, the best natural test booster ive used, and ive tried a lot! To try it you can get D-POL (has other helpful vitamins included in pill) on Ebay for around 25euro delivered, thats a months cycle. I found a noticable difference after bout 10 days.

I was so impressed with its effects that i ordered 500g from a company called Shredd Brothers in the states, its the cheapest ive found online. You take 3g of powder per day. I also got 500g of BCAA, i think theyre worth checking out. I got both for 60 euro delivered which i thought was very reasonable. Quality of product is excellent. No customs issues.

im curious as to your size/strength increase of this month period please

• Advertisement

Those kind of results are excellent when you take into account its an amino acid. I believe its a cheap and effective way to get a boost in your training. USPLabs have a new product out in States called Versa-1, some new anabolic compound that the beta testers have been raving about. Its not a test booster but supposedly gives increases in all usual areas, We'll have to wait and see

srumball wrote: »
    im curious as to your size/strength increase of this month period please

i would say it gave me it a 10% increase. i ran 2 monthly cycles at start and end of 12 week program - Jim Stoppani's 12-Week Shortcut To Size. The only other supplement i was taking was creatine hcl, which i ran for the full 12 weeks. I noticed a difference in the middle 4 weeks that i was off the D-Pol. By week 7 i was really looking forward to using it again. All i can say is it worked for me, and i believe its worth a try. I started an 8 week straight on the DAA powder this monday gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

i would say it gave me it a 10% increase. i ran 2 monthly cycles at start and end of 12 week program - Jim Stoppani's 12-Week Shortcut To Size. The only other supplement i was taking was creatine hcl, which i ran for the full 12 weeks. I noticed a difference in the middle 4 weeks that i was off the D-Pol. By week 7 i was really looking forward to using it again. All i can say is it worked for me, and i believe its worth a try. I started an 8 week straight on the DAA powder this monday gone

This the stuff??

http://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/d-aspartic-acid/10530634.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Whats everyones experience with GABA? have a heap of it at home never felt like it did jack ****.
    Would like to know if anyone had a positive experience with it

srumball wrote: »

yup thats the stuff. so including postage it'd be bout 32 euro. But you only use 3g per day. I take it on an empty stomach each morning as i like routine. some people take it before their workout.

great bargain here but out of stock:
    http://www.rosnutrition.com/ie/product/d-aspartic-acid

couple others, bit more for postage:

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/shop-by-category/amino-acids/other-amino-acids/d-aspartic-acid.html

http://www.oneon.co.uk/store/products,daspartic-acid-powder_69.htm

clean diet and adequate protein are a must to get most out of it, just like any other supplement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Another beta alanine quesiton for ye lads.

Does the timing of dosage make any difference? My googling tells me no but just want to confirm. e.g. any benefit to taking it pre workout.

Also can it be mixed with a pre workout supplement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

ronanc15 wrote: »

Does the timing of dosage make any difference? My googling tells me no but just want to confirm. e.g. any benefit to taking it pre workout.

A lot of PWO supps already have beta alanine mixed in them if you read the ingredients, I know Jack3d did and Craze and a few others certainly did!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

Any really good supplements to help weight loss and give energy? Serious January blues at the mo

A lot of PWO supps already have beta alanine mixed in them if you read the ingredients, I know Jack3d did and Craze and a few others certainly did!

Thats something I was considering, I know bsn explode contains BA, albeit smaller amounts im guessing, so ill check the amount later

Best to spread the dosage away from this so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Whats everyones experience with GABA? have a heap of it at home never felt like it did jack ****.
    Would like to know if anyone had a positive experience with it

Apart from turning off my metabolic breathing when falling asleep, it did feck all.

Tasted very metallic too but that's a minor complaint.

• Advertisement

talkin wrote: »
    Any really good supplements to help weight loss and give energy? Serious January blues at the mo

the quickest and best way to achieve both of these would be to examine your diet and try to improve it. its the boring answer but the right one.

if you still want to take something then try green tea or coconut oil.

if you're not a coffee drinker then a 200mg caffeine tablet in the morning will give you a boost. these are cheap and effective. but this type of supplement should be a last resort. diet first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

ronanc15 wrote: »

Spoken to a few on this and they all agree it doesn't matter. Definitely doesn't matter preworkout because it won't be assimilated quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

the quickest and best way to achieve both of these would be to examine your diet and try to improve it. its the boring answer but the right one.

if you still want to take something then try green tea or coconut oil.

if you're not a coffee drinker then a 200mg caffeine tablet in the morning will give you a boost. these are cheap and effective. but this type of supplement should be a last resort. diet first.

Thanks! Funny thing is have gone back to my healthy eating this last week after the festive season. And it's now I'm feeling so run down and drained! I literally wake up exhausted. Ill try those caffeine tablets. Or maybe in those boost vitamins.

Hanley wrote: »

Spoken to a few on this and they all agree it doesn't matter. Definitely doesn't matter preworkout because it won't be assimilated quickly enough.

I thought as much but wasn't sure. How are you finding it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Apart from turning off my metabolic breathing when falling asleep, it did feck all.

Tasted very metallic too but that's a minor complaint.

Do you mean shortness of breath ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

PeptoPro arrived today. Is it preferable to use post training or before bed?

Dathai wrote: »

Post workout is the idea behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Just tried some, absolutely rotten. Shoulda used my MP points for something else :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Dathai wrote: »

During and after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

drdeadlift wrote: »

Do you mean shortness of breath ?

No, breathing is completely fine, it just becomes manual right as you're about to fall asleep, thus waking you up.

Might be just me.

Advertisement