Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Would noodles be considered an unhealthy carb? I try to avoid bread and pasta (and if I am going to have some then its defo wholegrain)

Dinner, I was trying to stick to a chicken and potato diet but found it very bland (even with seasoning or bit of gravy) I'm happy to eat healthy but I aint gonna punish myself by eating food I don't enjoy!

I find egg noodles delicious (and again have about 12-15g of protein/100g) so I kinda view them as a carb alternative with significant protein value.

I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to eat noddles daily? would they be considered "bad" carbs like white pasta/bread etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

hypermuse wrote: »
    Would noodles be considered an unhealthy carb? I try to avoid bread and pasta (and if I am going to have some then its defo wholegrain)

Dinner, I was trying to stick to a chicken and potato diet but found it very bland (even with seasoning or bit of gravy) I'm happy to eat healthy but I aint gonna punish myself by eating food I don't enjoy!

I find egg noodles delicious (and again have about 12-15g of protein/100g) so I kinda view them as a carb alternative with significant protein value.

I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to eat noddles daily? would they be considered "bad" carbs like white pasta/bread etc?

In general they are no different to pasta.

Why are you eliminating these foods anyway? If the goal is weight loss then you'd be far better off simply counting calories and using portion control.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

vard wrote: »

Why are you eliminating these foods anyway? If the goal is weight loss then you'd be far better off simply counting calories and using portion control.

Although if health is the goal, they're thinking along the right lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Hanley wrote: »

Yep. Although, in my experience, that's generally not the goal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Anyone have any experience with MyProteins's creatine? How is it textured? I've been following the hodge twins and they say that creatine with a texture of salt/sugar works best. Don't know any truth in this maybe someone can explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has bought any of the bulkpowder protein shakes? Do they mix well? What do they taste like?

Cheers in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has bought any of the bulkpowder protein shakes? Do they mix well? What do they taste like?

Cheers in advance

Mix well taste good. I've got a lot of samples of them in the past due to ukm promotions. The ones I got recently was choc orange and raspberry. Both tasted good and mixed well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Anyone have any experience with MyProteins's creatine? How is it textured? I've been following the hodge twins and they say that creatine with a texture of salt/sugar works best. Don't know any truth in this maybe someone can explain?

I got some of their monohydrate a few days ago and it seems fine. First creatine I've ever taken so I can't really compare it to anything. It's texture is very fine, I have tried it in a protein shake and on its own in water. In the shake I didn't notice any taste or grittiness, was just like my regular shake. Mixed with water, say 150ml or so, you can see that it's not fully dissolved and there is a few bits sitting at the bottom of the glass. This doesn't really bother me though as I just knock it back in a gulp or two.

DylanJM wrote: »
    I got some of their monohydrate a few days ago and it seems fine. First creatine I've ever taken so I can't really compare it to anything. It's texture is very fine, I have tried it in a protein shake and on its own in water. In the shake I didn't notice any taste or grittiness, was just like my regular shake. Mixed with water, say 150ml or so, you can see that it's not fully dissolved and there is a few bits sitting at the bottom of the glass. This doesn't really bother me though as I just knock it back in a gulp or two.

Ah thanks, I'll give it a try so. Any gains you noticed?

• Advertisement

vard wrote: »

Hanley wrote: »

No I'm not trying to loose weight.. Gain a bit if anything (I understand eat more calories than burn etc but I'm not doing bodybuilding or anything).. Hitting the gym everyday. Going for a lean pyhsic!

Totally reduced my saturated fat intake n tryin to stick to a carb and protein diet. Trying to avoid "bad" carbs

Just wondering if anyone knows if noodles would be considered a good or bad carb? considering its significant protein content was thinking it would be a good bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

No I'm not trying to loose weight.. Gain a bit if anything (I understand eat more calories than burn etc but I'm not doing bodybuilding or anything).. Hitting the gym everyday. Going for a lean pyhsic!

Totally reduced my saturated fat intake n tryin to stick to a carb and protein diet. Trying to avoid "bad" carbs

Just wondering if anyone knows if noodles would be considered a good or bad carb? considering its significant protein content was thinking it would be a good bet!

Why are you doing this?

Ah just thinking bout it, it really doesnt make much difference.. Carbs are carbs..

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I have used dymatize creatine which was more like sugar, myprotein's is much finer.

Also 99% of what the hodge twins say is just bro science, I can't possibly see how the texture would make any difference.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Why are you doing this?

I've always trying to eat foods that are low in saturated fats. They are what is bad for you, raise cholesterol, bad for your heart etc.

Cant avoid sat fats in food but I do try to avoid foods high in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

DylanJM wrote: »
    Ah thanks, I'll give it a try so. Any gains you noticed?

dissolve it in warm water, try to get it to dissolve as much as possible as this will aid in maximum absorption and minimum discomfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I've always trying to eat foods that are low in saturated fats. They are what is bad for you, raise cholesterol, bad for your heart etc.

Cant avoid sat fats in food but I do try to avoid foods high in them.

Saturated fats will your name ever be cleared

dissolve it in warm water, try to get it to dissolve as much as possible as this will aid in maximum absorption and minimum discomfort.

I have no problems dissolving it, usually mix it with my protein post work out and hardly taste it. But cheers for the tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

ON have mono on the market,they describe it as being micronized.

drdeadlift wrote: »
    ON have mono on the market,they describe it as being micronized.

ya its made by Creapure, German engineering for ya!

• Advertisement

Saturated fats will your name ever be cleared

But aren't Mono/Poly unsaturated fats better than saturated fats?

With Trans Fats being the most evil of the fat family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

ya its made by Creapure, German engineering for ya!

Strange,they no longer advertise the (creapure)logo on the ON tub

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Strange,they no longer advertise the (creapure)logo on the ON tub

That IS strange, still advertised as such though:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/crea.html

ive only ever bought creapure from myprotein.

ive been using bulk bought creatine HCL for last 6 months, basically a rip off of Concret. no noticable improvements from mono, just no loading

That IS strange, still advertised as such though:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/crea.html

ive only ever bought creapure from myprotein.

ive been using bulk bought creatine HCL for last 6 months, basically a rip off of Concret. no noticable improvements from mono, just no loading

Paddy how is the creapure? Torn between that and normal monohydrate.

Paddy how is the creapure? Torn between that and normal monohydrate.

well its double the price of the ordinary, personally i think its worth it as you know you are getting the best available.

@ 10euro for 250g = 5 days loading (100g) and 30 days maintenance (150g)

however the ordinary will do the just perfect, so see how your budget is. i believe creatine is an essential to maximize your results. it also gets you into the habit of drinking lots of water, recommended 100ml per 1gram.(minimum)

this offer is worth looking at though:

http://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/creatine-monohydrate/10530050.html

well its double the price of the ordinary, personally i think its worth it as you know you are getting the best available.

@ 10euro for 250g = 5 days loading (100g) and 30 days maintenance (150g)

however the ordinary will do the just perfect, so see how your budget is. i believe creatine is an essential to maximize your results. it also gets you into the habit of drinking lots of water, recommended 100ml per 1gram.(minimum)

this offer is worth looking at though:

http://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/creatine-monohydrate/10530050.html

I don't mind paying too much over the odds as long as its quality stuff. What I might do is get a kg of normal monohydrate and 250grams of creapure. I don't believe in the loading anymore so it should work out that I get 2 and a half months from 250g.

5mg x 5 days per week= 25g/week equaling to 2.5 months for 250grams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

This discussion might get us into trouble due to charter but your natural test shut downs during the cycle but can be restored by PCT afterwards.

There is a thread on Lyle Mcdonald's forum about DAA and one of the lads did blood work before taking it for 2 months and afterwards. He had a 10% increase in total test and 25% in free test.

What effect would a 10pc increase have overall. Is it a significant improvement in performance??

Im tempted to give it a go if I can find research on its safety.....

Have the issues that have hit myprotein over recent months been resolved, in relation to deliveries?

Have the issues that have hit myprotein over recent months been resolved, in relation to deliveries?

A question I'd like to know also before forking over 200e for protein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Don't pay extra for creapure. Difference is as close to nil as possible.

Advertisement