Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

Tried the ON Pre.... Absolute quality....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

ColmH81 wrote: »

Did you find it as good as craze, I didn't find anything special of the ON Pre

Did you find it as good as craze, I didn't find anything special of the ON Pre

I actually did.. Weird buzz from it.. But felt as focused or more than on Craze... Plus Craze was making me feel nauseous lately..

Folks, little bit of help needed..

Just got an email from MyProtein offering me one of the below for free with my next purchase:

- 60 CLA Capsuals
    - 90 BCAA Capsuals
    - 250g Creatine Monohydrate..

I've little or no faith in CLAs.. But has anyone tried their Creatine? Also, what are BCAA capsuals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Got 4 free samples with my green tea and Hybrid NO. Going to try it thursday night before the gym, forgot to bring it to work today and I've a rest day tomorrow

Tried the Hybrid NO yesterday and not entirely sure if it had anything more than a placebo effect. Should I wait for a few more sessions to see a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Just got an email from MyProtein offering me one of the below for free with my next purchase:

- 60 CLA Capsuals
    - 90 BCAA Capsuals

I've little or no faith in CLAs.. But has anyone tried their Creatine? Also, what are BCAA capsuals?

Creatine is creatine. I used it before. Mixes ****e but tbh I think they all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Creatine is creatine. I used it before. Mixes ****e but tbh I think they all do.

i just got some myprotein creatine, i think it mixes really well actually.

- 60 CLA Capsuals
    - 90 BCAA Capsuals

the bcaas arent worth it.

i just got some myprotein creatine, i think it mixes really well actually.

the bcaas arent worth it.

Creatine it is so..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Creatine it is so..

I'd mix it in with something else unless you don't mind it being a bit bitter / unpleasant to taste.

• Advertisement

I'd mix it in with something else unless you don't mind it being a bit bitter / unpleasant to taste.

Dump it on your tongue and swallow it with a drink of water. Mixing it in the glass is just mank.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So my protein supplies is starting to get a bit low so will be time to order more soon usually I go with On Gold Standard Whey but thinking of a change any recommendations?

Thinking of maybe trying the protein works?

Dump it on your tongue and swallow it with a drink of water. Mixing it in the glass is just mank.

I just squeeze some lemon juice in. It helped when I did take it.

Which wasn't all that often, to be fair.

So my protein supplies is starting to get a bit low so will be time to order more soon usually I go with On Gold Standard Whey but thinking of a change any recommendations?

theprotein works, myprotein and bulkpowders are all in and around the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

I ordered 1 tub of ON gold standard whey,1 600g of creatine and 1 pack of ZMA yesterday off hp nutrition.They are based somewhere down in Kerry.I live in Kilkenny.
    Anyway I ordered at 2.30pm yesterday,I got an e-mail to at 3.40 to say that my order had been dispatched for delivery.

The courier rang at 10am this morning to say he had a parcel for me.
    All items correct as ordered.

Have to say I'm very impressed with such prompt service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I'd be inclined to take a pre-workout at the weekend, generally more tired then as I work at night, and at the weekends. I don't really bother with pre-workout supplements otherwise, used to take them every session. I don't even bother with protein powder these days, just started eating more food. I still take BCAA's, ZMA and multi bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

stratowide wrote: »
    I ordered 1 tub of ON gold standard whey,1 600g of creatine and 1 pack of ZMA yesterday off hp nutrition.They are based somewhere down in Kerry.I live in Kilkenny.
    Anyway I ordered at 2.30pm yesterday,I got an e-mail to at 3.40 to say that my order had been dispatched for delivery.

The courier rang at 10am this morning to say he had a parcel for me.
    All items correct as ordered.

Have to say I'm very impressed with such prompt service.

Have used hp nutrition before. Excellent service

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I find the myprotein own brand creatine monohydrate mixes a lot better than the more expensive "creapure" variant they sell.

chriity139 wrote: »
    Have used hp nutrition before. Excellent service

They will say they have stuff in stock when it isn't though. An example would be my order of a specific flavour of protein that they would not have in stock for a week, though the website said otherwise, so sometimes the website is innaccurate. Good value though and decent to deal with on the phone whenever there was a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Tried ON Platinum Pre earlier, noticed a bit of an enrgey boost, got me through my HIIT a lot easier which was nice, however it left a burning sensation down the back of my throat as if it were cayene pepper....

• Advertisement

DL Saint wrote: »
    Tried ON Platinum Pre earlier, noticed a bit of an enrgey boost, got me through my HIIT a lot easier which was nice, however it left a burning sensation down the back of my throat as if it were cayene pepper....

Yeah, it's fair too much like you've been pepper sprayed in the face..

In the store I was told (by a friend who works there) that if you don't drink it immediately after mixing it it's known to turn into jalapeno flavour pre workout. People actually know about this :P All preworkouts taste bad anyway.

Tried it yesterday too

noticed I got really itchy ears and faces and a tingly feeling. Felt a bit too self aware too

I certainly had more energy but there was a bit of a crash off it too. Did my same workout and although cardio was a bit easier to get through It didn't up my performance much

Felt a bit ****ty when it wore off so I don't think I'll be taking it again. Gave the other sample to my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Tried it yesterday too

noticed I got really itchy ears and faces and a tingly feeling. Felt a bit too self aware too

Felt a bit ****ty when it wore off so I don't think I'll be taking it again.

The tingles will be the Beta-Alanine mmmm.....:) I used to love that from pre workout sups:D

But like yourself i crash hard after taking them, had to take a xanax a few times after taking original jack3d in the evenings as i was an anxious mess, other times i would feel like i just ran a marathon and would pass out as soon as i went horizontal on the couch when i got home from the gym!

No more PWO sups for me :(

Was going to give some of the stimm free PWOs a try but figured whats the point then? its the energy i was taking them for!

The tingles will be the Beta-Alanine mmmm.....:) I used to love that from pre workout sups:D

But like yourself i crash hard after taking them, had to take a xanax a few times after taking original jack3d in the evenings as i was an anxious mess, other times i would feel like i just ran a marathon and would pass out as soon as i went horizontal on the couch when i got home from the gym!

No more PWO sups for me :(

Was going to give some of the stimm free PWOs a try but figured whats the point then? its the energy i was taking them for!

Ya I reckon I would enjoy the buzz in the gym if I went on them regularly but I'm kind of prone to getting anxious in the evenings as it is so don't need more of that and I never really feel too lazy to go to the gym. Have a desk job and gym is on my home from work in the car so not like it's much of an effort!

I started taking Muscle Pharm ON last week too. Not sure If I've been noticing much of a difference but is it something that takes a few weeks to come through?

Not sure If I've been noticing much of a difference but is it something that takes a few weeks to come through?
    Should be strongest the first times you take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Ya I reckon I would enjoy the buzz in the gym if I went on them regularly but I'm kind of prone to getting anxious in the evenings as it is so don't need more of that and I never really feel too lazy to go to the gym. Have a desk job and gym is on my home from work in the car so not like it's much of an effort!

I started taking Muscle Pharm ON last week too. Not sure If I've been noticing much of a difference but is it something that takes a few weeks to come through?

I only ever used No Explode and Jack3d and they both worked from the very first go but like i said i stopped taking them due to how they were making me feel so cant speak about any of the ones that are out now.

All i take now is a whey isolate. Creatine has little or no effect on me so gave up on that! I do like Bulkpowders weight gainer though when im bulking!
    No sugars or anything in it just protein and milled oats!:) I do take extra glutamine at times to help with recovery and also glucosamine for my knees but gave up on shelling out for tons of sups a long time ago!

On another note id be interested to hear what stacks of sups people are taking and what they feel is essential?

I only ever used No Explode and Jack3d and they both worked from the very first go but like i said i stopped taking them due to how they were making me feel so cant speak about any of the ones that are out now.

All i take now is a whey isolate. Creatine has little or no effect on me so gave up on that! I do like Bulkpowders weight gainer though when im bulking!
    No sugars or anything in it just protein and milled oats!:) I do take extra glutamine at times to help with recovery and also glucosamine for my knees but gave up on shelling out for tons of sups a long time ago!

On another note id be interested to hear what stacks of sups people are taking and what they feel is essential?

Reflex Green tea (3 tabs a day)
    Olympus Health Whey (4 scoops a day)
    Cod Liver Oil (1 tab a day)
    Omega 3 (1 tab a day)
    two teaspoons of creatine monohydrate

Is that a stack?! that's what I take!

Used to love the face, head, nose and neck tingle from the Beta Alanine... Now it just bugs the s#it outta me.. The only PWO I've come across that doesn't have that feeling is Craze... I've tried No Xplode, ON Pre and C4...

Any other recommendations?

• Advertisement

Used to love the face, head, nose and neck tingle from the Beta Alanine... Now it just bugs the s#it outta me.. The only PWO I've come across that doesn't have that feeling is Craze... I've tried No Xplode, ON Pre and C4...

Any other recommendations?

Craze doesn't have any beta Alanine in it does it

Advertisement