Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

Craze doesn't have any beta Alanine in it does it

Don't have the tub close to hand, but if it does, it's VERY minimal amount, never noticed it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

ColmH81 wrote: »
    Don't have the tub close to hand, but if it does, it's VERY minimal amount, never noticed it..

Just had a look, there isn't any listed on the tub

Just had a look, there isn't any listed on the tub

This makes me happy.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What about EPH and other ephedrine based products.

Ordered some yesterday but Im concerned about the health implications. Anyone got experience with them?

Ordered some yesterday but Im concerned about the health implications. Anyone got experience with them?

Aren't they both illegal here? If so would they not get stopped at customs?

• Advertisement

Would probably steer clear of ephedrine..
    http://www.drugs.ie/drugtypes/drug/ephedrine:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

You spent money on something you haven't got a clue on the implications? Silly, silly move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

anybody takes supplements like PWOs in social settings?
    How they work out?

I've a 2 serving sample of ON Pre I got for free (I don't take PWOs normally) and a social occasion this weekend, and I'm in the midst of a non-drinking period.

Ideally i'd like to get a kick off it to amuse myself

any experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I went through a phase of taking Hot-rox from t-nation on nights out. Taking three at once was literally like dropping a half G of amphetamine with the added bonus of raspberry burps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

anybody takes supplements like PWOs in social settings?
    How they work out?

I've a 2 serving sample of ON Pre I got for free (I don't take PWOs normally) and a social occasion this weekend, and I'm in the midst of a non-drinking period.

Ideally i'd like to get a kick off it to amuse myself

any experiences?

Olimp Thermo-Speed and Caffeine Tablets. You won't sleep for days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Ephedrine is prob the best pre workout your gonna get, some people crash hard after it tho so be prepared, goes good with 200mg of caffeine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Dathai wrote: »
    Olimp Thermo-Speed and Caffeine Tablets. You won't sleep for days.

sounds a bit too good for me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lucanlad

Probably more of a bargain alert but http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maximuscle-Maxi-Milk-Strawberry-Ready-Recovery/dp/B002A9J9X8 £18.85 for 8 bottles but when you select chocolate flavour it's only £3.59 for 8 bottles!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They a good chance you bought a product called EPH, rather than one containing eph...

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Wouldnt go near EPH far too many health implications

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Dave 101 wrote: »
    Ephedrine is prob the best pre workout your gonna get, some people crash hard after it tho so be prepared, goes good with 200mg of caffeine

This was my pre-study, near-deadline combo back in my uni days...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Coming off a two week stim break, anyone have any recommendations a pwo?

I will be buying off discountsupplements, so one they have :)

EDIT: Just bought the new Gaspari pwo, superdrive. Read some good reviews on it, anyone here used it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Looking to pick up some protein powder and creatine. At the moment, myprotein still seem to be the best, any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Owen_S wrote: »
    Looking to pick up some protein powder and creatine. At the moment, myprotein still seem to be the best, any other recommendations?

I find The Protein Works good. I switched to them from myprotein after all the delivey issues and have had no complaints since. Good service and the I find the taste and mixability good as well.

Owen_S wrote: »

Use bulkpowders myself, find them very good and normally deliver within 2 days of placing your order

• Advertisement

Use bulkpowders myself, find them very good and normally deliver within 2 days of placing your order

Is there much difference between the bulking powders and protein?

Bit of help required... Got some free BCAAs with MyProtein.. Never taken them before and it says take 3-5 tablets 3 times a day..

Do they seriously mean take up to 15 tablets a day, or is it just badly worded::??

Is there much difference between the bulking powders and protein?
    Bit of help required... Got some free BCAAs with MyProtein.. Never taken them before and it says take 3-5 tablets 3 times a day..

Do they seriously mean take up to 15 tablets a day, or is it just badly worded::??

Bulkpowder is the website, its very good, its just like My Protein without the delivery issues and i think its cheaper on some stuff...

What mg are each of your BCAA tabs?

Bulkpowder is the website, its very good, its just like My Protein without the delivery issues and i think its cheaper on some stuff...

What mg are each of your BCAA tabs?

Ah right.. Do they throw out freebies too? Ha..

They're 1000mg(500mg Leucine, 250mg Isoleucine, 250mg Valine)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Bulkpowders.co.uk are charging €10 for delivery compared to €5 for Myprotein, I'll have to see if it is cheaper overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I go with The Protein Works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Use parcel motel to save on delivery if there's one nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's 1g per cap, so 15g per day isn't that much.
    But it foes highlight the fact that caps are a pretty awkward to take BCAA.
    Pop 10-15 of them open on to a spoon and take in one go.

Mellor wrote: »
    It's 1g per cap, so 15g per day isn't that much.
    But it foes highlight the fact that caps are a pretty awkward to take BCAA.
    Pop 10-15 of them open on to a spoon and take in one go.

Ah these aren't the type you can open.. F##king size of the tablets. Haha..

So doe I just take them at random times or with food/shake?

• Advertisement

Ah these aren't the type you can open.. F##king size of the tablets. Haha..

So doe I just take them at random times or with food/shake?

Normally between meals, like I take mine during workout and sometimes I'll sip on a bcaa shake in work between finishing lunch and going home

Advertisement