Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

anybody takes supplements like PWOs in social settings?
    How they work out?

I've a 2 serving sample of ON Pre I got for free (I don't take PWOs normally) and a social occasion this weekend, and I'm in the midst of a non-drinking period.

Ideally i'd like to get a kick off it to amuse myself

any experiences?

I used to take the ON preworkout (not Pre) on a daily basis to counteract some medication I was on, made for a fun day in work :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Liam90 wrote: »
    Coming off a two week stim break, anyone have any recommendations a pwo?

I will be buying off discountsupplements, so one they have :)

EDIT: Just bought the new Gaspari pwo, superdrive. Read some good reviews on it, anyone here used it?

For anyone who wants to know, i have used it 3 times now and I have used a good few different pwo's in the past and here's my short review on superdrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

gollywog wrote: »

Yes currently half way through a tub, not bad protein

Anyone here try DAA yet ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

KTRIC wrote: »

yes probably the best value most effective test booster on market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

chriity139 wrote: »
    Yes currently half way through a tub, not bad protein

Cool, arrived today, will try it after my workout this afternoon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

What's DAA? Please excuse my ignorance?

What's DAA? Please excuse my ignorance?

D-aspartic acid :-)

D-aspartic acid :-)

A good test booster yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Anybody any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Don't bother with a gainer, they are often just sugary carbs. Get some milk and oats into you instead, far cheaper.

Don't bother with a gainer, they are often just sugary carbs. Get some milk and oats into you instead, far cheaper.

Thanks for that. I was asking for something for post workout and that was suggested to me.

Currently, in the morning I have a protein shake, head to the gym and afterwards I eat a bowl of porridge with a banana chopped up in it.

Thanks for that. I was asking for something for post workout and that was suggested to me.

Currently, in the morning I have a protein shake head to the gym and afterwards I eat a bowl of porridge with a banana chopped up in it.

No harm having a shake afterwards as well, unless of course you eat oodles of porridge.

No harm having a shake afterwards as well, unless of course you eat oodles of porridge.

Nah, I wouldn't say oodles. A cup full so about 50gr and throw in 300ml of full fat milk.

Nah, I wouldn't say oodles. A cup full so about 50gr and throw in 300ml of full fat milk.

A shake would be grand so.

Thanks dude!

Do many of ye take protein pre-workout on here? Was always under the impression that protein was taking after workout (I do understand that protein timing is nonsense)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Hope this is the right place. Any opinions on this herbalife stuff? Iv had it recommended to me.

Do many of ye take protein pre-workout on here? Was always under the impression that protein was taking after workout (I do understand that protein timing is nonsense)

Yes, about half an hour beforehand. I don't time it religiously, it just works out easiest like that. I have my dinner after i work out.
    Hope this is the right place. Any opinions on this herbalife stuff? Iv had it recommended to me.

Very expensive. I wouldn't touch it myself. What was it recommended to you for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Very expensive. I wouldn't touch it myself. What was it recommended to you for?[/quote]

Body fat burner mainly. Wanna drop a few percent and was advised that it's pretty effective in doing so. Is it way overpriced? Any good at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Make your own or buy one from a bulk supplier which is cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Jaysus that's a lot of sugary ****e.

Body fat burner mainly. Wanna drop a few percent and was advised that it's pretty effective in doing so. Is it way overpriced? Any good at all?

Yes its overpriced, no its not any good. You'd be better off nipping into the nutrition and diet section and making a post. You'll get free advice on how to make a sustainable change to your diet.

Hey all,

Sometimes when I'm doing circuits, or really hard training where I use my arms a lot I can sometimes find my Biceps and Forearms becoming really pumped and hard, but very difficult to use them.

I've not done any of these circuits in a week, but when i did them last time, it back and shoulders and my the end I could barely straighten my arms out...

I was told a load of different things to help with this, but was wondering if something like L-Arginine or Niacin would be good at preventing this?

Make your own or buy one from a bulk supplier which is cheaper

Can you elaborate on this at all? BTW, I live in Malta so not sure how the buying in bulk thing would work. There's not exactly a lot of options on this little rock.

Can you elaborate on this at all? BTW, I live in Malta so not sure how the buying in bulk thing would work. There's not exactly a lot of options on this little rock.

Think he means if you want to buy a gainer, get the one from bulkpowder.co.uk, its better than most others...or just make your own with flaxseed, peanut butter oat's and whey

Buy some whey from myprotein, bulkpowders or theproteinworks.

Either buy powder oats from them or blend your own. Milk, whey, oats and peanut butter.

All three sell cheaper weight gainers. I think bulkpowders looks the best as it's oats as carb source.

EDIT: just saw delivery charges to Malta. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Just drink milk man, its a great weight gainer. Throw in some protein and peanut butter and your sorted

• Advertisement

Whey in Ireland is going up 23% on 1st November?

Advertisement