Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Whey in Ireland is going up 23% on 1st November?

What was the VAT rate before ?

Tried ON Pre again and had a much better time of it. Nice buzz and no horrible crash like the first time I took it. Think I'll invest in my own tub now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I think Whey was exempt from VAT as it was a by product.....but not anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Its going to kill a few retail supp shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

What about importing it from the uk from the likes of bulkpowders.co.uk, that's hardly going to be effected is is ?

It's going to kill sales alright. There are a lot of people who can't afford to go up to €70 odd euros for some branded protein powder even if they wanted to, people should just buy food, forget about over priced supplements.

• Advertisement

KTRIC wrote: »
    What about importing it from the uk from the likes of bulkpowders.co.uk, that's hardly going to be effected is is ?

I'm sure they'll find some way to tax people buying from UK. If buying from UK is untouched how long before everyone hops on board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Other supps def have VAT on them. I bought caffeine pills from proteindepot.ie last week and checked the invoice there. 23% VAT on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Im just gonna buy two 5kg bags of the stuff now before it jumps in price. Will last me a fair bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

charged UK vat unless they have hit the limit for exports to Ireland, then its Irish VAT.

What I want to know is Myprotein have been saying they've been collecting VAT for Irish revenue since the irish store was launched, does this mean they owe Irish customers a VAT refund? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

charged UK vat unless they have hit the limit for exports to Ireland, then its Irish VAT.

What I want to know is Myprotein have been saying they've been collecting VAT for Irish revenue since the irish store was launched, does this mean they owe Irish customers a VAT refund? :P

But don't bulkpowder already charge vat?

• Advertisement

But don't bulkpowder already charge vat?

UK vat but myprotein where charging irish customers irish vat when uk was vat free on whey. Turns out they were correct but Irish companies here were challenging the Vat since 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

In my opinion, supplementing protein is a load of ****e anyway. I just bought more food and cooked it in advance and it's way better!

Dermighty wrote: »
    In my opinion, supplementing protein is a load of ****e anyway. I just bought more food and cooked it in advance and it's way better!

Butchers near me does 25 chicken breasts for 20 euro. Not bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I get 4 XL fillets for €7, which are over 200g per fillet, great quality too. We have the English Market in Cork, luckily.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

That's crazy cheap. I pay around €3.50 for 2 :(

That's crazy cheap. I pay around €3.50 for 2 :(

Malta sounds expensive

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Malta sounds expensive

In some aspects it is yea. Rent is cheap so having a villa with a pool makes up for it :p

So I keep telling myself :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

In some aspects it is yea. Rent is cheap so having a villa with a pool makes up for it :p

So I keep telling myself :(

having been on holiday in malta - i am jealous. .

My butcher does the same deal, the fillets are from the neatherlands, full of water and taste really bad !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Anyone here try DAA yet ??
    yes probably the best value most effective test booster on market

Any recommendations product wise Gents ?

• Advertisement

My butcher does the same deal, the fillets are from the neatherlands, full of water and taste really bad !!

I haven't tried them. Its not really a butchers. its a meat outlet in Omni shopping centre. Never tried them as everyone seems to use the butchers a few doors down. They do 5 fillets and 1lb of round mince for 10 euro iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

GROUPIE15 for 15% off myprotein till the end of the year

Any recommendations product wise Gents ?

Started taking the Complete T-Booster from bulkpowders last weekend which contains 3 grams of DAA per serving once a day. 5 days in and there must be an increased test level, nearly tore the head off some lad that beeped me this morning on the way to work and normally I'm quite calm and collected :pac:

Oh and emmmm noticed other things :rolleyes:

Starting to grow hair in new places?

Starting to grow hair in new places?

Emm yeesssss ;)

And my voice is getting deeper :P

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

the butchers a few doors down. They do 5 fillets and 1lb of round mince for 10 euro iirc.

or 6 chicken fillets for €7

Just started DAA this morning, how long before I should see it working, 13 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Started taking the Complete T-Booster from bulkpowders last weekend which contains 3 grams of DAA per serving once a day. 5 days in and there must be an increased test level, nearly tore the head off some lad that beeped me this morning on the way to work and normally I'm quite calm and collected :pac:

Studys have shown that test doesn't really affect aggression.
    But if you believe the idea of roid rage, then you'll be expecting an increase in aggression (assuming it works of course), and the fact that you are expecting it means you are more likely to fly off the handle.

Just started DAA this morning, how long before I should see it working, 13 days?

The studies I seen were 3grams per day for 12 days.
    After 6 days there was a non signifiant increase, and 12 days it was 40%. They stopped takign it after 12 days and the increase remained significant for a few days, +28% after 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Your supp stack must be massive dude?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Chances are you might not even notice it.

Advertisement