Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Your supp stack must be massive dude?

Why would you say that? All I take is my bcaa's during training, protein shake after training but only sometimes, and creatine everyday...along with my multi, fish oil...not a whole lot really...oh I take craze pre training but that's nearly finished now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

So is the DAA worth a pop at all or should I save my money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

gollywog wrote: »
    So is the DAA worth a pop at all or should I save my money?

Whats your current T levels? What do you know about DAA? What happens your natural T production after you stop DAA?
    If you are going to take DAA this forum should be that last place you do you research.

Personally I would eat more steak, lift more, and sleep well and if you’re going to invest in supplement maybe something like ZMA might make a marginal difference to your recovery.

siochain wrote: »
    Whats your current T levels? What do you know about DAA? What happens your natural T production after you stop DAA?
    If you are going to take DAA this forum should be that last place you do you research.

Personally I would eat more steak, lift more, and sleep well and if you’re going to invest in supplement maybe something like ZMA might make a marginal difference to your recovery.

Haven't zma's claims been shown to have been over stated. As too with the claims of zinc alone boosting test

Haven't zma's claims been shown to have been over stated. As too with the claims of zinc alone boosting test

On ZMA it’s more from a personal point of view in that it helps me sleep like a baby which can only be good when training hard. And yes you are correct above normal levels of Zinc has been proved not to increase T or enhance performance. But overall it’s a highly beneficial mineral with studies indicating

It improves depressive disorders
    Is essential for normal cell structure and physiology.
    Its deficiency causes growth retardation, neuronal degeneration, and immunodeficiency
    May help reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes

Zinc is also low risk when supplementing if you take care of your copper levels

Magnesium has a whole host of benefits
    Deeper sleep
    Positive effect on depressive disorders
    Energy production
    Muscle contraction and relaxation.

• Advertisement

On ZMA it’s more from a personal point of view in that it helps me sleep like a baby which can only be good when training hard. And yes you are correct above normal levels of Zinc has been proved not to increase T or enhance performance. But overall it’s a highly beneficial mineral with studies indicating

It improves depressive disorders
    Is essential for normal cell structure and physiology.
    Its deficiency causes growth retardation, neuronal degeneration, and immunodeficiency
    May help reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes

Zinc is also low risk when supplementing if you take care of your copper levels

Magnesium has a whole host of benefits
    Deeper sleep
    Positive effect on depressive disorders
    Energy production
    Muscle contraction and relaxation.

Of course, but were you not mentioning zma instead of daa as a test booster

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

No what he said was to eat more and sleep more. Sleep more being key. If you're not getting quality sleep every night then don't even bother looking into DAA or other test boosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

I dont see the fuss with DAA. People bang about the 40% increase but fail to understand that that is so little it is negligible.

Normal ranges are 260 -1080 ng/dl as (which corresponds to about 8.8 - 36.7 nmol/l.

Lets say your level is 18nmol/l. So just a fraction below average. DAA use at best will result in 40% increase meaning you end up with 25nmol/l. Just a little over average and well within normal ranges of all the people around you.

Resultant difference= little.

no
    ZMA might make a marginal difference to your recovery.

I'm taking ZMA and I do notice I get a better quality of sleep, so I'll keep taking them. I'm gonna forget bout DAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Anyone get the crazy dreams on ZMA?

Anyone get the crazy dreams on ZMA?

and WOOD :P

and WOOD :P

Really?? Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

Anyone ever find PWOs give a laxative effect..... Ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

What site is cheapest for Gold standard Protein please?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

DAA works great for me, I feel great when taking it and the libido is through the roof. I have also found I am noticeably fuller and more vascular when I am taking it. Personally I think it is a nice, cheap and useful supplement...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

DL Saint wrote: »
    DAA works great for me, I feel great when taking it and the libido is through the roof. I have also found I am noticeably fuller and more vascular when I am taking it. Personally I think it is a nice, cheap and useful supplement...

What's "DAA"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

ColmH81 wrote: »
    What's "DAA"?

D-Aspartic acid afaik, or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

DL Saint wrote: »

Since I've started talking it I've noticed I'm not getting any DOMS, at all !! :D

Also in the space of a week, my body fat has dropped 1.5 % as well so I'm well chuffed with the results so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

hey lads,

if you really want to get the most out of your DAA then try running it with an AI - aromatase inhibitor

it limits estrogen production.

when your testosterone raises through using something like DAA, so does your estrogen - your body likes to keep things balanced.

try PES Erase or USM Eradicate for 4 weeks.

neither DAA or these AI supplements are steroids, or illegal in any way.

i would highly recommend this combo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

hey lads,

if you really want to get the most out of your DAA then try running it with an AI - aromatase inhibitor

when your testosterone raises through using something like DAA, so does your estrogen - your body likes to keep things balanced.

I'm going to add them to my stack for next month ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

hey lads,

Where could I buy one of these AI supplements?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Where could I buy one of these AI supplements?

amazon or ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Have any of you guys used parcel motel for ordering whey protein? Bit worried that i'll order it and it wont fit in the units. Myprotein always use really big boxes.

siblers wrote: »
    Have any of you guys used parcel motel for ordering whey protein? Bit worried that i'll order it and it wont fit in the units. Myprotein always use really big boxes.

I've the same concern with bulkpowders...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I've used it for myprotein, theproteinworks and go nutrition with no problems. Usually I'd have 4/5kg of whey and a few 1kg bags of bcaa or creatine. The largest size locker is pretty big tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 X 38 X 64 cm. The maximum weight is 10kgs.

^^ the last delivery i got woudlnt have fitted in those dimensions but maybe you can request that they ship within those dimensions?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Yeah, its worth asking alright. Thanks for the replies. Turns out Bulkpowders is no cheaper when delivering to Antrim than delivering to the rest of Ireland.
    I've a referral code as well for BulkPowders, if anyone wants it.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

If a parcel doesn't fit in the "motel" you can collect it from the nearest nightline depot and you wont be charged extra so long as it weighs less than 35kg.

You can also have it delivered for €10.50

More info here

• Advertisement

This probably been asked a lot already but I'm in the market for whey isolate before the vat is added on the 1st. I'm currently using scitec nutrition but fancy a change as I'm not too bothered with the taste.

Any recommendations??

Thanks,
    P

Advertisement