Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nignag75

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/shop-by-category/protein-supplements/whey-protein/pure-whey-isolate-90.html my referral code for 5 pound off your first order if your itntrested(shipping to ireland fairly fast,got my most recent order in two days) is DH52732

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Why isolate?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nignag75

john_cappa wrote: »
    Why isolate?
    I use isolate as whey concentrate gives me horrible gas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Why isolate?

To be honest i'm just trying it for a while to see if I notice a difference.

That and I'm an advertisers wet dream....! :o

gollywog wrote: »
    To be honest i'm just trying it for a while to see if I notice a difference.

That and I'm an advertisers wet dream....! :o

Unless you have lactose issues as per nignag75 above then save your money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

well on bulkpowders the isolate works out much better value per gram of protein per 100 grams of powder, something like 4 cent per 10 grams of protein cheaper when you get isolate instead of concentrate

well on bulkpowders the isolate works out much better value per gram of protein per 100 grams of powder, something like 4 cent per 10 grams of protein cheaper when you get isolate instead of concentrate

If this was true then it would be a good idea.

Had a glance though and it's not.

5kg flavoured whey is 57.40(GBP) for 82%

5kg flavoured isolate is 79.50(GBP) for 90%

I will level some else work it out but the isolate is far more expensive from even a glance per gram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The only thing it'll work out is your wallet ;)

If this was true then it would be a good idea.

Had a glance though and it's not.

5kg flavoured whey is 57.40(GBP) for 82%

5kg flavoured isolate is 79.50(GBP) for 90%

I will level some else work it out but the isolate is far more expensive from even a glance per gram.

Its actually more like 77.78% for most flavours and closer to 91% in the isolate

Its actually more like 77.78% for most flavours and closer to 91% in the isolate

Even it that was true it is still way more expensive.

Both COAs on site are on a dry basis so if the 82% drops to 78-80 when taking account of moisture then do does the isolate going from 92% to 88-90.

If you wish to continue being pedantic and arguing the point please demonstrate how isolate is cheaper per gram.

• Advertisement

Even it that was true it is still way more expensive.

Both COAs on site are on a dry basis so if the 82% drops to 78-80 when taking account of moisture then do does the isolate going from 92% to 88-90.

If you wish to continue being pedantic and arguing the point please demonstrate how isolate is cheaper per gram.

I'm taking the dry amount for flavoured on both, if you read the info, it says 82% for unflavoured but if you work out the flavoured amount which is given per 30g serving at 23.2g per 30g = 77.33%

I'm taking the dry amount for flavoured on both, if you read the info, it says 82% for unflavoured but if you work out the flavoured amount which is given per 30g serving at 23.2g per 30g = 77.33%

I really shouldnt be wasting my time on this but .....................

So the WPC when the flavouring is added the percentage drops you are saying. They same will also happen to isolate when flavoring is added so what difference. Compared unflavored wpc with unflavoured wpi or compare flavoured wpc with flavoured wpi!

Lets look at unflavoured
    WPC is 82% for unflavoured. So 82% of a 5kg bag means you get 4100 grams of protein for a cost of 46.79 or 1.14p per gram or 114p per 100 grams? ok

WPI is 91.8% protein (from the COA) meaning 5kg gives you 4590 grams of protein for a cost of 77.49 or 1.68p per gram or 168p per 100 grams!

So WPC is 114p per 100
    and WPI is 168p per 100.

Thats a massive difference in cost.

Now just to entertain you lets look at the flavoured.

Flavoured
    WPC flav= 77% you say (and i checked you to be correct) so 5 kg gets you 3850 grams for a cost of 57.19 or 1.48p per gram or 148p per 100 grams

WPI flav is 90% so 5kg gets you 4500 g protein for a cost of 79.49 or 1.76p per gram or 176p per 100 grams.

So WPC flav is 148p per 100 grams
    and WPI is 176p per 100 grams.

So what I have shown here pretty much backs up what I said here.....

And demonstrates that this post is completely false.

So stop rabbiting on about percentages and offer some factual information.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Spent €100 on pre workouts just there.

ON Amino Energy
    ON Pre
    Musclepharm Assault

Gonna mix em all together and drink em.

Hanley wrote: »

ON Amino Energy
    ON Pre
    Musclepharm Assault

stay near the bathroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Hanley wrote: »

ON Amino Energy
    ON Pre
    Musclepharm Assault

Have you not learned from last nights out burst of pre workouts?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Not sure if this is the right place, I've taken my preworkout, only problem now is that the gym doesn't open till 10, can I top up or do I just wait it out and go into the gym without it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Hilarious !

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

hairyslug wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place, I've taken my preworkout, only problem now is that the gym doesn't open till 10, can I top up or do I just wait it out and go into the gym without it

Jesus don't top up whatever you do... If you read the labels it'll normally say don't exceed 2 scoops within 24hrs..

Just suck it up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Sorry again guys,

Making an order tomorrow and need a good pre workout. I'm not at all caffeine sensitive. I was reading up on pro supps Mr Hyde. Gets great reviews. Has anybody on here tried it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

ColmH81 wrote: »
    Jesus don't top up whatever you do... If you read the labels it'll normally say don't exceed 2 scoops within 24hrs..

Just suck it up..

Yeah sucked it up, it was in interesting wait for an hour

• Advertisement

Same happened to me before.. Stoopid late opening..

Same happened to me before.. Stoopid late opening..

Anybody purchased the examine.com reference guide?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Anybody purchased the examine.com reference guide?

No but I was listening to a podcast interview with Kurtis Frank the other day and I liked the cut of his jib.

No but I was listening to a podcast interview with Kurtis Frank the other day and I liked the cut of his jib.

Could you possibly post me a link or PM me to that?

I'm really considering buying the reference guide but would like to hear something about it first

• Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Could you possibly post me a link or PM me to that?

I'm really considering buying the reference guide but would like to hear something about it first

If you go to thefitcast.com it's probably the latest podcast but it's number 276 if there's been a new one in the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Anyone ever use on glycomaize or dextrose. Just wondering would they be worth getting ?

chriity139 wrote: »
    Anyone ever use on glycomaize or dextrose. Just wondering would they be worth getting ?

I use dextrose during my workout but that's just because it's pineapple.... I like pineapple:p

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Do you find it any use or you just drink it for the taste :)

• Advertisement

chriity139 wrote: »
    Do you find it any use or you just drink it for the taste :)

Maybe a tiny bit more energy during a workout but tbh you could take better.

Advertisement