Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Maybe a tiny bit more energy during a workout but tbh you could take better.

I'm thinking about using it as a post workout shake for a carb source with my protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

chriity139 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about using it as a post workout shake for a carb source with my protein.

Just eat dude, you'll be better off and gain more from it.

Just eat dude, you'll be better off and gain more from it.

I usually eat when I get home just don't want to be carrying food to the gym. I'll see can I get a free sample with my next order instead of buying a tub

chriity139 wrote: »
    I usually eat when I get home just don't want to be carrying food to the gym. I'll see can I get a free sample with my next order instead of buying a tub

How far are you from home when you're at the gym?

10 mins but i don't get home for 40mins after training due to shower, chats etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you don't get home within 40mins of your workout, that's ok. Just eat your post-workout then

You're making gains with the wait, don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

This post workout eating window rubbish is one of the biggest myths in health and fitness along with the majority of supplements on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Nothing wrong with a "the sooner, the better" rule of thumb. There is truth to it since waiting 48 hrs to eat after training is definitely going to be less optimal than eating 48 seconds after. but it's just another minor thing people make the mistake of worrying about as much as / more than the major things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Anyone try that whey hey Ice cream?? what is like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Nothing wrong with a "the sooner, the better" rule of thumb. There is truth to it since waiting 48 hrs to eat after training is definitely going to be less optimal than eating 48 seconds after. but it's just another minor thing people make the mistake of worrying about as much as / more than the major things.

Imaging not eating for two days jeasus you would be hungry

This post workout eating window rubbish is one of the biggest myths in health and fitness along with the majority of supplements on the market.

I wouldn't be doing it for growth just extra calories throughout the day

SRFC wrote: »
    Anyone try that whey hey Ice cream?? what is like?

Yeah I've tried it but only chocolate flavour, its very expensive for the amount you get. I thought it tasted very bland and artificial but my gf thought it was one of the nicest chocolate ice creams she had tried.

Worth a try though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Anyone know an Irish supplier of Walden Farm products? I know I can get them from the UK if I have to but would rather order from an Irish site if possible.

http://www.musclefinesse.com/shop/brand/Walden-Farms/188/Walden-Farms-Calorie-Free-Chocolate-Dip-340g/3550/detail/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

JJayoo wrote: »
    Anyone know an Irish supplier of Walden Farm products? I know I can get them from the UK if I have to but would rather order from an Irish site if possible.

http://www.musclefinesse.com/shop/brand/Walden-Farms/188/Walden-Farms-Calorie-Free-Chocolate-Dip-340g/3550/detail/

discountsupplements.ie

unsportsnutrition.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Unsportsnutrition.ie seems to be the best option, way more choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cagefactor

I gotta choco nut butter from walden farms. Had to throw it in the bin, was vile beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Imaging not eating for two days jeasus you would be hungry

Did it once - was doable but a tad boring tbh and your mind wanders towards the end - some weird detox challenge iirc - lost a load on it mind and gained it all back in a few hours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

In an asian food shop today I spotted packets of citric acid. It was about 1.50 for 100g or so. Is there any nutritional worth to it as a form of vitamin C or am I way off the mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭golfpaul

In an asian food shop today I spotted packets of citric acid. It was about 1.50 for 100g or so. Is there any nutritional worth to it as a form of vitamin C or am I way off the mark?

Absolutely no nutritional worth as a form of vitamin C unless you have confused citric acid with ascorbic acid ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Did it once - was doable but a tad boring tbh and your mind wanders towards the end - some weird detox challenge iirc - lost a load on it mind and gained it all back in a few hours. :D

Have been toying with the idea of at least trying one day off food.Does anyone know the benefits of a fast.Is there a benefit to it?
    An old friend recommended doing it but he was a vegan so well you know

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

Have been toying with the idea of at least trying one day off food.Does anyone know the benefits of a fast.Is there a benefit to it?

I've done it a couple of times in far flung places where it is safer just not eating for the day rather than risk a stomach bug.
    really it's very easy to do, the hard part is getting back to eating loads of food in the days after you stop.
    The research is all over the place and is not helped by the religious dimension. eg heart health where the study was carried out on Mormons, stuff like that allows a lot of room for confounding factors, also the authors may have an unconscious religious bias so it really is a mine field.
    the only "strange" effect I ever noticed was an elevated resting heart rate, but my experience is limited to 36hrs and by all accounts the real fun starts after 48hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Give it a go - I think when we did it - there was two of us we had breakfast and then had water with grapefruit juice in it or similar every 2 hours or so.

We did an article on it will try and find it as online somewhere.

From a BB'ing perspective one could argue a 24hr fast would be oh so bad but IMO it won't be much worse than a 24hr binge.

Worth a try maybe every 2 weeks or so as a bit of a detox.

I know my grandmother used to do this - was told this by my mother - once a week she fasted no idea why but that might have more to do with her being there when they had ration books here in Ireland etc. :)

BTW - When I knew I was on a 48hr fast I had a LARGE breakfast! LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Give it a go - I think when we did it - there was two of us we had breakfast and then had water with grapefruit juice in it or similar every 2 hours or so.

We did an article on it will try and find it as online somewhere.

From a BB'ing perspective one could argue a 24hr fast would be oh so bad but IMO it won't be much worse than a 24hr binge.

Worth a try maybe every 2 weeks or so as a bit of a detox.!

I know my grandmother used to do this - was told this by my mother - once a week she fasted no idea why but that might have more to do with her being there when they had ration books here in Ireland etc. :)

BTW - When I knew I was on a 48hr fast I had a LARGE breakfast! LoL

The human body doesn't need a "detox" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

KTRIC wrote: »
    The human body doesn't need a "detox" :rolleyes:

if not detox how about some spring cleaning! (autophagy). http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autophagy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Do you guys know of any decent gluten free (or even wheat free) mass gainers? I know I should make my own but I can't really handle drinking large amounts of milk so mass gainers are easier for me to handle.

siblers wrote: »
    Do you guys know of any decent gluten free (or even wheat free) mass gainers? I know I should make my own but I can't really handle drinking large amounts of milk so mass gainers are easier for me to handle.

Water
    Whey
    But butter
    Banana

Blend et voila!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Water
    Whey
    But butter
    Banana

Blend et voila!

Tastes like shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

siblers wrote: »

Mass gainers are just oats and whey usually. If you dont like milk then just use water. Peanut butter added in is good also. TBH, you'd be mad to pay the prices they charge for a mass gainer.

• Advertisement

Was looking for a good multi-vitamin, saw this on TPW and decided to give it a go. One question, though: is their recommended 4 capsules per day not a bit ridiculous? Look at the nutritional chart (which is based off of two tablets) — pretty much everything is already well, well over 100% of the RDA. Surely 1 cap per day is more than enough, let alone 2 or 4?

Advertisement