Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

Plus advertising and sponsorship and the like.

and people thinking taking a powder will turn them into Arnie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

cagefactor wrote: »
    I like myprotein but I am very skeptical about the quality. How can they be undercutting every other company by so much. Choco Mint is nicer than ON's for me, banana is also ok for mixing with yoghurt. For casein though, the chocolate flavour isn't great and it doesn't mix as good as other casein's.

At the moment I'm finding Musclepharm Chocolate to the best chocolate whey I've ever tasted.

Myprotein - MP17807265
    iherb - PTQ066

They buy direct and sell direct. There is no distributor/retail channel to pay. Also since they don't exist, they don't have to budget for support to these channels e.g. offers, pos, etc.

The whey isn't much profit either. They make money from you buying other products with higher margins e.g pre workouts, inter workouts, protein/carb formulas.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MongotheBongo

I've heard rumours that myprotein gives discounts to regular users in nutrition forums who advertise its products.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

Anyone ever tried Ripped Freak or Magnum Serum?? I'm on the hunt for a new PWO.. I've tried the following:

Craze
    PRE
    NoXplode
    C4...

I've heard rumours that myprotein gives discounts to regular users in nutrition forums who advertise its products.

They do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

They give referral discounts, but they all do anyway. Not hard to spot a shill though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

ColmH81 wrote: »
    Anyone ever tried Ripped Freak or Magnum Serum?? I'm on the hunt for a new PWO.. I've tried the following:

Craze
    PRE
    NoXplode
    C4...

Pick the one with the best name :pac: Ripped Freak is such a crazy name lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,615 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Anything that uses the word 'Arabica' on it should work as a PWO.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I have a 15% discount for myprotein, PM me if you want it. I think it can be used multiple times.

anyone use the muscleshop in rathmines?
    is it worth checking? does it anyway compete with online?

I just need creatine mono, which isn't the most expensive anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

saucers82 wrote: »

You've never seen holland and barretts price for the stuff...20€ for 200g, i got 2kg from bulkpowders for €31:D

I just think H&B stuff is substandard - or is it in my head? and that's a rip off. Their protein nearly turned me off protein shakes!
    how are bulkpowders for delivery?

I just think H&B stuff is substandard - or is it in my head? and that's a rip off. Their protein nearly turned me off protein shakes!
    how are bulkpowders for delivery?

2-3 days normally, but now have an Irish site so delivery should be a bit quicker I'd reckon

2-3 days normally, but now have an Irish site so delivery should be a bit quicker I'd reckon

deliver weekends?
    if you miss delivery?

this is what turns me off getting stuff online - my experience of some is that they only deliver mon to fri 9 to 5! if you miss a delivery you are goosed

Haven't used them, but 1kg of creatine is about 17 euro online with delivery.

deliver weekends?
    if you miss delivery?

this is what turns me off getting stuff online - my experience of some is that they only deliver mon to fri 9 to 5! if you miss a delivery you are goosed

They'll send you an email to tell you when its due to arrive, and you can rearrange delivery, weekend delivery I'm not sure about. If you miss it, it goes to the nearest DPD depot. Could you not just get it delivered to work

deliver weekends?
    if you miss delivery?

Use parcelmotel or get it sent to a work address.

Use parcelmotel or get it sent to a work address.

sadly work put an end to this as rather large company and reception gave out a stink!

sad eh....

sadly work put an end to this as rather large company and reception gave out a stink!

sad eh....

Ya, that's pretty annoying. Parcel motel is probably your best best if there is one near you and it fits - or get it sent to a mates work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Myprotein Referral code if anyone needs it. MP15632779

• Advertisement

deliver weekends?
    if you miss delivery?

DPD deliver on Saturdays. http://www.dpd.ie/index.php/depot-finder Click on whichever one is in your county to get the address of the nearest depot to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Lads i need a bit of advice, im 3wks into a running programe for a half marathon(10wks) i only started running about a month before that,im hoping to lose weight and have lost 8lbs in last 3wks,id like to lose another 15 to 20, im currently 212lbs, the thing is as im running every 2nd day and going to the gym and pool inbetween my muscle recovery isnt great, i wake up most mornings stiff and sore, i was thinking would whey protein help me,or would it hinder my weight (fat) loss after all weight loss is my goal but my body needs to be able to do the exercise to lose it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Lads i need a bit of advice, im 3wks into a running programe for a half marathon(10wks) i only started running about a month before that,im hoping to lose weight and have lost 8lbs in last 3wks,id like to lose another 15 to 20, im currently 212lbs, the thing is as im running every 2nd day and going to the gym and pool inbetween my muscle recovery isnt great, i wake up most mornings stiff and sore, i was thinking would whey protein help me,or would it hinder my weight (fat) loss after all weight loss is my goal but my body needs to be able to do the exercise to lose it:D

Foam roll and do some dynamic stretching, you should be sore , but not stiff , warm down properly.

Whey's a supplement , do what it says on the box , supplement your diet with it if you need more protein , Whey obviously contains calories , so make sure you're you're still in a deficit if you want fat loss.

You definitely need protein for muscle recovery and growth , make sure you're getting enough , from food and/or supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Really getting into nitty gritty of my diet now. Prepped meals etc.
    Figure now is a good time to get consistent with the supplements

I plan on taking
    Beta-Alaine: 5g pre-workout
    BCAA/peptide: 20g intra-workout (scoop in my water bottle)

Creatine: 10-20g
    DAA: 3g
    Issue is i'm not sure when is best the creatine & DAA. I know the when isn't a huge issue as benefits are saturation based. Easy option is to take it with B-A and some juice. But I'm concerned about solubility/uptake, and also that much combined being rough on an empty stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

post workout shake question:

currently eating a calorie deficit and will be for about 12 weeks.

I was using dextrose and whey (in measurements in a previous post by will)
    currently using a branded postworkout but gonna go back to my homemade shake.

Was thinking of adding creatine to mix and was wondering what others added to their whey post workout (and why!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Got my whey samples from Gonutrition.com today and have just tried Triple chocolate,The taste is good but it didn't mix very well but i noticed it seemed a little damp in the packet so could be the reason.I have 2 more to try so will post up once i have tasted these.

received my samples cheers. will report back with a review soon

Got my whey samples from Gonutrition.com today and have just tried Triple chocolate,The taste is good but it didn't mix very well but i noticed it seemed a little damp in the packet so could be the reason.I have 2 more to try so will post up once i have tasted these.

If it's in those black plastic sample bags, you need to massage the powder. I just shaked it in shaker without liquid to break it up. Powder is compressed to hell.

Normal bags are okay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Does anyone have any experience with taking ZMA tablets? Ordered some from Gonutrition to help me sleep after taking Creatine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Does anyone have any experience with taking ZMA tablets? Ordered some from Gonutrition to help me sleep after taking Creatine.

Why would they help you sleep after taking creatine ? Creatine isn't a stimulant.

The first few times I took zma I got light headed , dreams were a bit more vivid too but those effects soon wore off.

Advertisement