Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,616 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

saucers82 wrote: »
    seems like a no.
    anyone got a good recommend for a fat burner just as good? and a supplier

thx

Fat burners will burn far more of your money than fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

Fat burners will burn far more of your money than fat.

in your opinion :)

seen great results with meltdown

in your opinion :)

seen great results with meltdown

Were you eating properly at the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

yes of course. otherwise it's pointless, it's a supplement not magic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,356 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Dermighty wrote: »
    colman1212 wrote: »
    Whey Isolate is dairy.
    +1

I was going to chip in earlier but it was so obvious I said I wouldn't.

Whey is a byproduct of dairy product manufacture. Whey protein comes from cows milk.
    When people have an issue with dairy, it's usually the lactose that causes it. Lactose is virtually eliminated from isolate, so it's might not be an issue, even if lactose intolerant.

• Advertisement

yes of course. otherwise it's pointless, it's a supplement not magic :)

My point was that it was more likely the eating properly whodunnit. Especially if you were doing any training.

But hey, it's just advice man...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Mellor wrote: »
    When people have an issue with dairy, it's usually the lactose that causes it. Lactose is virtually eliminated from isolate, so it's might not be an issue, even if lactose intolerant.

Exactly. I don't care if it's technically considered dairy or not. I just want something that won't make me bloated and having done a bit of research apparently isolate is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I'd agree on the fat burners, they are possibly the biggest gimmick on the supplement market along with test boosters IMO.

A cup of black coffee or caffeine pills is what you need instead of a fat burner, saves you a lot money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

CM24 wrote: »
    Exactly. I don't care if it's technically considered dairy or not. I just want something that won't make me bloated and having done a bit of research apparently isolate is the answer.

Pretty much any decent protein is isolate

Concentrate - Broken down once (cheap)
    Isolate - Broken down twice (mid range)
    Hydrolysed - Broken down three times (expensive)

Thats my understanding anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

colman1212 wrote: »
    Pretty much any decent protein is isolate

Concentrate - Broken down once (cheap)
    Isolate - Broken down twice (mid range)
    Hydrolysed - Broken down three times (expensive)

Thats my understanding anyway.

There isn't much of a difference between the concentrate and the isolate unless you're sensitive to lactose.
    The isolate is just further filtered , has less calories but 40g of protein from concentrate and 40g from isolate are going to do the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Lads i'm looking at getting some protein from myprotein.

I'm doing a 6 week fitness course at the min.. training 4 times a week.. full food plan etc.. ( afterwards It will be 2 times a week )

I have a powder which I got in Holland and Barrett.. way over priced.. but I needed it.. But I've time to get something online now and wanted to ask about the following.

http://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html?vwo_ac=true
    this is there normal Whey Protein.

http://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-diet-whey/10530657.html?vwo_ac=true
    This is there Diet Whey

Now since i'm in a fitness class trying to lose my stomach fat mainly .. would it be better to get the Diet ?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

NeVeR wrote: »
    Lads i'm looking at getting some protein from myprotein.

I'm doing a 6 week fitness course at the min.. training 4 times a week.. full food plan etc.. ( afterwards It will be 2 times a week )

I have a powder which I got in Holland and Barrett.. way over priced.. but I needed it.. But I've time to get something online now and wanted to ask about the following.

http://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10530943.html?vwo_ac=true
    this is there normal Whey Protein.

http://ie.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-diet-whey/10530657.html?vwo_ac=true
    This is there Diet Whey

Now since i'm in a fitness class trying to lose my stomach fat mainly .. would it be better to get the Diet ?

thanks.

I don't think the diet is beneficial, get the ordinary as it is far better value and the profile is quite good.

Do you need the protein?

If there's a full food plan, I'm just wondering if it's necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I don't think the diet is beneficial, get the ordinary as it is far better value and the profile is quite good.

thanks

Do you need the protein?

If there's a full food plan, I'm just wondering if it's necessary.

Yes. It's part of the plan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭seamonkey92

Aye good man. Chocolate Mint Gold Standard Whey Protein. MHMMMMMM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Aye good man. Chocolate Mint Gold Standard Whey Protein. MHMMMMMM.

Screen_Shot_2014_04_30_at_7_53_41_PM.png

lol

Screen_Shot_2014_04_30_at_7_53_58_PM.png

That's more like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Screen_Shot_2014_04_30_at_7_53_58_PM.png

That's more like it!

Don't forget the min 15% discount ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

I used myprotein and bulkpowders for the first time recently and I couldn't be happier. For the price and the product it's excellent value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

MyProtein Magnesium Citrate really works for me!
    Don't forget the min 15% discount ;)

+1

groupie15 gives 15% off at the checkout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

MyProtein Magnesium Citrate really works for me!

+1

groupie15 gives 15% off at the checkout :)

Only on the Irish store :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyvegas22

supplements for an ectomorph?

Supplements will only help if you're eating anywhere near enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

What you need is bigger meals, a bigger appetite, much more meat in your diet and lift heavier stuff more or less every sessions.
    Some people call self labeling as an ectomorph an excuse to fail, as a former dying looking waif I can say you can also turn it around and use it as an admission you will have to try much much harder than alot of people to get the same results as them.
    Maybe once you make the staff of the local All You can Eat Chinese stare at what you're putting away or eating a full chicken for lunch then maybe look at supplements

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Only on the Irish store :(

I think you can still get it. My account is registered to the uk site for some reason and if I log in and then try and buy stuff I can't get the discount.

BUT if I go to the Irish site and add all the products to the shopping cart without logging into my account I can then apply the discount. After applying the code and proceeding it will ask you to log in, and the discount should still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Lots of butter, Good Irish butter is one of the best possible source of dense calories, especially at this time of year when the cows are out and eating grass.

JJayoo wrote: »
    I think you can still get it. My account is registered to the uk site for some reason and if I log in and then try and buy stuff I can't get the discount.

BUT if I go to the Irish site and add all the products to the shopping cart without logging into my account I can then apply the discount. After applying the code and proceeding it will ask you to log in, and the discount should still be there.

Na has to be the .com site for shipping to Finland and you don't get the discount. Also an extra 5 euro shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

^ In all fairness though there is a big difference between shipping to Ireland and Finland.

However as I type this I remember Mass.Fi is now part of MyProtein and I believe handle the sales and shipping of their products in Finland at least if not all of Scandinavia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Anyone know a bricks and mortar store in the Blackrock or stillorgan (Dublin) area?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

I'm off on holidays for 2 and a half weeks next month and am worried about losing my gains if I don't bring protein with me. On the other hand, I don't want to take up half my case with a tub of it! Any ideas, or is 2 and a half weeks without protein a big deal?

• Advertisement

I'm off on holidays for 2 and a half weeks next month and am worried about losing my gains if I don't bring protein with me. On the other hand, I don't want to take up half my case with a tub of it! Any ideas, or is 2 and a half weeks without protein a big deal?

You won't lose gains in two weeks. At worst it will take you a week to get back into the swing of it.

Advertisement