Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Anyone try the Musclemeds Secret Sauce? It's Kai Greene's signature supplement for post workout. I realise a lot of it BS etc but getting a lot of good reviews for recovery and post workout pump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

If I wanted carbs postworkout I'd probably stick to jelly beans. Lidl do really nice own brand version of jelly bean factory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

I regulary consume preworkouts and absolutely love them. I find they help me concentrate on what I'm doing. I cycle off them 7 days before competition to get my tolerance levels down and then drink all the preworkouts on comp day

Not bad deal

7zNNqK.jpg

To out in context, a tub of ON costs more for less than half the amount

• Registered Users Posts: 24,617 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

^ Bulk Powders, in case anyone wondered.

The 2.5kg is normally €39.99 so it's just shy of €30 off for the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Ive read an article which i am trying to hunt down which suggested that many Bulk powder companies import their whey from China and there is no control on them.

Brands like Kinetica and ON are tested for impurities and have stringent testing and controls which is absent in other bulk providers.

can anyone shed soem light on this?

davmol wrote: »
    Ive read an article which i am trying to hunt down which suggested that many Bulk powder companies import their whey from China and there is no control on them.

Brands like Kinetica and ON are tested for impurities and have stringent testing and controls which is absent in other bulk providers.

MyProtein are supplied by Glanbia and Volac supply Bulk Powders.

Neither are from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TommyOM

Not bad deal

7zNNqK.jpg

To out in context, a tub of ON costs more for less than half the amount

Not as good but I saw that the new supplement shop in Dolphins Barn is doing 5kgs of Go protein for 55euros.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

davmol wrote: »

I'm 99% sure that Glanbia supply MyProtein and all the other UK companies aswell as ON / BSN

MyProtein also have HFL certification if thats any good to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Hi,

So I've started a new weights programme over the last week and it must be working (or starting to) because I'm having serious cravings for chicken and my appetite has gone up rapidly in the last couple of days. Ideally I'd like to have a protein shake after a workout, but I'm (very) lactose intolerant so whey protein is out completely, absolute no can do. Also trying to avoid soy based products as it seems like it's really not that good for you to consume so I'd rather limit my soy intake to my coffee in the morning.

Does anyone know of any genuinely lactose-free and soya-free protein shakes?

I was looking at this: http://www.bulkpowders.ie/shop-by-category/post-workout-supplements/protein-shakes/peptopro.html

Any good? Claims to be lactose free which would be supported by the zero-carbs claim.

I'm not after anything to turn me into super-woman, just need something to down after a workout to make the most of my efforts in the gym! Had a look at the snack shop in the gym the last time I was there and literally all of the protein bars were based on whey...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Deenie123 wrote:
    I'm not after anything to turn me into super-woman, just need something to down after a workout to make the most of my efforts in the gym! Had a look at the snack shop in the gym the last time I was there and literally all of the protein bars were based on whey...

Deenie123 wrote:

This is the only time I find it completely acceptable to use whey isolate. Otherwise I consider it over priced whey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Deenie123 wrote: »
    Hi,

So I've started a new weights programme over the last week and it must be working (or starting to) because I'm having serious cravings for chicken and my appetite has gone up rapidly in the last couple of days. Ideally I'd like to have a protein shake after a workout, but I'm (very) lactose intolerant so whey protein is out completely, absolute no can do. Also trying to avoid soy based products as it seems like it's really not that good for you to consume so I'd rather limit my soy intake to my coffee in the morning.

I was looking at this: http://www.bulkpowders.ie/shop-by-category/post-workout-supplements/protein-shakes/peptopro.html

Any good? Claims to be lactose free which would be supported by the zero-carbs claim.

The link you posted is described as some form of Casein protein. Casein is similar to Whey in that they're both derived from Milk production afaik, so I doubt that would suit you if you're lactose intolerant.

There are plenty of non-soya lactose-free proteins out there. MyProtein sell Beef, Pea, Rice, Hemp, Egg and other types of protein. They're not as good value as Whey, but they're still a good option if you want lactose free. Bulkpowders do some of those types aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Mongo wrote: »
    Anyone try the Musclemeds Secret Sauce? It's Kai Greene's signature supplement for post workout. I realise a lot of it BS etc but getting a lot of good reviews for recovery and post workout pump?

Have gone through a few tubs of MM Carnivor over the last year, tasty stuff and found it's helped with my goals.

Would give it a go on that basis but not gone down that road before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Does the bulkpowder offer end at midnight or is it still valid tomorrow day ?

I took the plunge and bought my first pre workout in over a year from discount supplements. I went with C4 after seing several positive reviews online. I was going to go with the new gold standard pwo but it looks a bit of a gimmick seing that ON alredy have platnium pre on the market. But C4 seems to be the go to pwo at the moment, has anyone here tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

anyone got any discount codes for myprotein or bulkpowders?

guile4582 wrote: »

Payday codes usually kicking in at the end of this week or next so maybe hold off till then

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭27cyrix

Myprotein
    25% off your entire order
    code: ENTIRE

expire tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

nice one, yeah can people pls post when they get one please

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Deenie123 wrote: »
    Hi,

I know I'm a little late to the party on this, and I've said something similar before, but: there's absolute nothing wrong with soy protein. It has been weirdly demonised for no reason and the science shows it is very good for you. Not quite as bioavailable as whey but pretty close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Not a discount code but if setting up a new account with BulkPowders use referral code ATTVKB which will give you €5 off your first order over €15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Hi,

I havent bought any supplements in a while. Is myprotein still the best value protein around or are there better options theses days?

Been using Gold standard (got as a present) whey the last month. I know most people agree that its the best around but its very pricey.

Hi,

I havent bought any supplements in a while. Is myprotein still the best value protein around or are there better options theses days?

Been using Gold standard (got as a present) whey the last month. I know most people agree that its the best around but its very pricey.

Forgot to say that Im a GAA player. Is there any protein in particular that I should be taking? I usually do strength training in the gym and of course hurling training which has alot of running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

avonmore protein milk ;)

deadybai wrote: »
    Hi,

Forgot to say that Im a GAA player. Is there any protein in particular that I should be taking? I usually do strength training in the gym and of course hurling training which has alot of running.

I'd usually go with MyProtein, Bulk Powders or occasionally The Protein Works.

Worth checking all three for deals.

ON Gold Standard isn't necessarily the best around. Most people just think it so. MP's protein content is just as good.

Whey protein will be sufficient.And eating enough to fuel the gym and hurling training.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Hi,

Myprotein actually has a higher content than ON - go sign up to their newsletter and you'll get spammed with discounts - hold out for the 20-30% off their impact whey protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mid Month Madness!

20% off Everything! Use code: MAD

Offer valid until midnight 16th July.

^^ myprotein

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Mid Month Madness!

20% off Everything! Use code: MAD

Offer valid until midnight 16th July.

^^ myprotein

Cheers for that. They're throwing in some freebies too:

Free Strawberry Wafers when you spend £60
    Free CLA 60 caps when you spend £35
    Free Smartslim Shaker when you spend £15

Which I got all of because I ordered 7.5kg of whey. It's tough being 25-30 stone :P

I have a quick question.

Yesterday I reached my protein goals from food and a protein supplement. Thing is I reached them by 6.pm. I then had an extremely hard training session at 7pm until 9pm.

Because I already reached my goals for the day does this mean I dont have to eat more protein after the training? I realise that went you eat too much protein it just comes out the other end but I also want to recover quickly.

I had a protein shake and a bit of dinner afterwards yesterday. Was this pointless?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I have a quick question.

Yesterday I reached my protein goals from food and a protein supplement. Thing is I reached them by 6.pm. I then had an extremely hard training session at 7pm until 9pm.

Because I already reached my goals for the day does this mean I dont have to eat more protein after the training? I realise that went you eat too much protein it just comes out the other end but I also want to recover quickly.

I had a protein shake and a bit of dinner afterwards yesterday. Was this pointless?

The food you ate was still processing itself in your system long after you finished training so as long as you met the requirements that day, you had enough.

If you were hungry then no problem getting extra food in, but anything more than your protein requirements for that day is likely wasted as your body doesn't need it to repair your muscles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Bundle deals on MyProtein at the moment. (low fat, pre & post)

Ordered:
    MYPRE, Citrulline Malate 250g, L Glutamine 250 tablets, BCAA 250g for 40 quid.

Total was 91 euro and using the code PREM I got 50 quid off.

http://www.myprotein.com/byob/half-price-bundles.list?widget_id=98910

Advertisement