Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

uuuuurrrrmm.... i don't like this question!!

Gold Standard 100% Whey - usually one shake a day PWO
    Glucosamine - when ever things start to make too much noise
    Omega 3 tabs - when ever i remember

and i have some creatine mono that im not really too bothered about!

Jesus and people think Im a supp junkie cos I asked a few Qs a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Swizz wrote: »
    Jesus and people think Im a supp junkie cos I asked a few Qs a while ago.

um i also lift heavy things tho!!

Good. THats what people normally do in the gym when their trying to improve their physique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 BeachBum25

Protein smoothies are the only way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 oirishman

Hi I am new to Boards so not up with the posts on fitness and gym etc.
    i see myprotein.co.uk recommended for protein ,and the prices are very good.
    has anyone organised a bulk buying plan where we could all chip in and get some real discounts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

oirishman wrote: »
    has anyone organised a bulk buying plan where we could all chip in and get some real discounts?
    Would be an idea if people were in a gym together, but the postage on myprotein is now very reasonable, only £6.95 and that is up to 26kg. I now see if your items are over £100 postage is free.

Meeting up people is hassle, and the stuff can weigh a ton, you also risk people backing out. Somebody here bought chinup bars before in bulk to save on shipping & get a discount and I think some people pulled out so they were stuck with them.

oirishman wrote: »

Theres some sites that charge 10 GBP for up to 30 kg for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

hi im getting some creatine and im on my protein.co.uk is there any advantage to the creapure over the normal mono?

hi im getting some creatine and im on my protein.co.uk is there any advantage to the creapure over the normal mono?

:pac:hmmmm, can veggies eat creatine!!

an interesting one actually.... how is it synthasizied (i may have just made up that word...)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Creapure's liek the gold standard monohydrate afaik. Probably worth springing the extra for if it's not too much.

• Advertisement

i guess ill spring for it, im only getting 100 grams to see if i react to it, i hear 30% of people dont so i aint gonna kid myself.

Its the purest and saftest Creatine you can get. ie. Its the highest quality.

meh its .9% better seems like a load of bollox considering the % mark up, but sure im only getting 100 grams so i might aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 novelty cheque

started going to the gym in january to lose some weight an dtone up. started at 13.stone and down to 11.8. I have been looking to take some protein shakes to help build better defination. is there anything that some one could suggest to give better muscle tone while not putting on weights.

routine has a lot of cardio in it with free weights and dead lifts.

would be grateful for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

started going to the gym in january to lose some weight an dtone up. started at 13.stone and down to 11.8. I have been looking to take some protein shakes to help build better defination. is there anything that some one could suggest to give better muscle tone while not putting on weights.

routine has a lot of cardio in it with free weights and dead lifts.

would be grateful for advice

If you gain muscle it's highly likely that you will put on weight because muscle is heavy. You will be in better shape overall though, if you do weights you should use your eyes to judge your progress instead of the scales. Another advantage to gaining muscle is that it will burn fat itself.
    Protein supplements such as whey will improve muscle gains if your not already getting enough in your diet. You should choose something like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey as it's relatively low in calories

(Someone really should sticky an answer to the I want to loose weight, build muscle and take protein question, it just gets asked so often)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

colly10 wrote: »
    (Someone really should sticky an answer to the I want to loose weight, build muscle and take protein question, it just gets asked so often)

There's no point... it would just get ignored. Everyone's a snowflake, the "rules" of lifting don't apply to them :D

(too cranky?)

Hanley wrote: »
    There's no point... it would just get ignored. Everyone's a snowflake, the "rules" of lifting don't apply to them :D

(too cranky?)

not cranky enough IMO:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Hanley wrote: »

(too cranky?)

Probably right (not too cranky, well maybe a few too many beers, just fairly sure i've answered this question alot lately but I won't not answer it cause it's worth knowing, it's gotta be one of the most frequently asked questions though)

Probably right (not too cranky, well maybe a few too many beers, just fairly sure i've answered this question alot lately but I won't not answer it cause it's worth knowing, it's gotta be one of the most frequently asked questions though)

We've all seen it a bizillion times, the fintness forum feedback thread was started because i wanted to bitch about it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Guys,
    Serious question here ->
    I have been feeling absolutly wiped out after training. I'm looking to keep up the intensity on both weights and MMA, so I've been thinking about a recovery drink. Also due to all the injuries I've been picking up I've been thinking about taking Glutamine (also take cod liver oil and Glucosamine for the joints).
    Basically I wanted to know if this is a good recovery drink PWO that will hit all the above - something I can alternate with Whey on my rest / weights days (don't feel so wiped after weights).
    The Supp factories recovery seems to tick all the boxes but just looking for some constructive advice.
    Cheers, Hail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I used RAM for a while, found it quite good.

Now I use ON AfterMax which I find better.

I tried the SuppFactory stuff, must say found most of thier products below average.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I've only really tried their Whey (you can't go wrong with Whey really). The Recover is only €20 also so seems like a bargin for all thats in it.

Where did you buy the After Max how much did it set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I got it from nutritionconnection.ie. It worked out about €1.70 a serving, but has 5 g of creatine in it so saved on that (which I would have otherwise added myself).

If you gain muscle it's highly likely that you will put on weight because muscle is heavy. You will be in better shape overall though, if you do weights you should use your eyes to judge your progress instead of the scales. Another advantage to gaining muscle is that it will burn fat itself.
    Protein supplements such as whey will improve muscle gains if your not already getting enough in your diet. You should choose something like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey as it's relatively low in calories

ok cool thats perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Bit of a novice question here - ive only just started taking MM Promax - chocolate flavour, thing is it tastes rank with water, its lightly easier to stomach with Milk but on the side of the container it says the casein in the milk will slow the effects of the protein - is this a negative thing?

Rob113 wrote: »
    Bit of a novice question here - ive only just started taking MM Promax - chocolate flavour, thing is it tastes rank with water, its lightly easier to stomach with Milk but on the side of the container it says the casein in the milk will slow the effects of the protein - is this a negative thing?

No its a positive thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Rob113 wrote: »
    the side of the container it says the casein in the milk will slow the effects of the protein - is this a negative thing?
    Some will mix with milk when taking it at night time, this provides the slow release during your sleep, others will mix with milk in the morning too for the slowed release. But immediately after a workout many want the protein absorbed as quick as possible so take with water so it goes to work sooner.

Some will buy casein protein for the slowed effect, but it is usually twice the price, also if you are buying separate small tubs it usually costs more per kilo.

Personally I much prefer it with milk, I drink before, during and after workouts all with milk.

rubadub wrote: »
    Some will mix with milk when taking it at night time, this provides the slow release during your sleep, others will mix with milk in the morning too for the slowed release. But immediately after a workout many want the protein absorbed as quick as possible so take with water so it goes to work sooner.

Some will buy casein protein for the slowed effect, but it is usually twice the price, also if you are buying separate small tubs it usually costs more per kilo.

Personally I much prefer it with milk, I drink before, during and after workouts all with milk.

I have been takling Titanium Muscle USa for the last week is this anygood? it was rec from an instructor in my GYM. it has whey protein and Casein combined in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

I have been takling Titanium Muscle USa for the last week is this anygood? it was rec from an instructor in my GYM. it has whey protein and Casein combined in it.

Hey novelty cheque, Is it the TMU Whey protein your taking if so I have been taking this for the last month or so and finding it really good used to use nut x all the time but decided for a change and can really notice some differences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Looking to get some unflavoured whey to throw in to a few different recipes. Any of the shops in town sell it or am I better off ordering online?

Advertisement