Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭thesecretforme

I know people say that it's best to rely on natural food.

But I am just considering getting supplement for when I am wrecking after lifting weights, and want something to eat.

Could someone please recommend one:

Pro-Power Whey Protein

Promax

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 novelty cheque

Dubdude wrote: »
    Hey novelty cheque, Is it the TMU Whey protein your taking if so I have been taking this for the last month or so and finding it really good used to use nut x all the time but decided for a change and can really notice some differences.

hey dubdude,

yeah thats the stuff onlly started on it last week but hopefully at the end of the month or so ill see some results. it tastes a lot nicer than promax and my arms chest is not as sore the day after a heavy session in the gym. Do you find that it you are putting on fat at all or how is it.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

hey dubdude,

yeah thats the stuff onlly started on it last week but hopefully at the end of the month or so ill see some results. it tastes a lot nicer than promax and my arms chest is not as sore the day after a heavy session in the gym. Do you find that it you are putting on fat at all or how is it.

cheers

No i try to do cardio every session to keep the fat down but have noticed a difference in muscle size, taste wise i opted for chocolate and ye it is quite nice and mixes fine with water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 novelty cheque

Dubdude wrote: »
    No i try to do cardio every session to keep the fat down but have noticed a difference in muscle size, taste wise i opted for chocolate and ye it is quite nice and mixes fine with water

yeah me too. im trying to do 3 sessions a week in the gym with 4 miles of running each session and then an hour of heavy weights. mon, tuesday, thursday. im taking wed & frid off each week and running 8 miles sat and sunday. been doing this since jan and shifted about 1.5 stones. tyring to get leaner and hopefull this protein will help

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Deano045

was wondering which would be the best type of protein to use, ill be using it as a post work out drink straight after training, and my training consists of cardio and weight training, my goal is a lean body and definition, so im building muscle while trying to reduce body fat,

i read that should get a protein with little or no carbs, but do i not need carbs straight after training, and do they not help in the recovery stage

and if any one has websites for buying the stuff, id be happy to have a look,

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 simoncaseys

Hi All,

This is my first post so be kind. I used to take no xplode as a pre workout then I found out it was banned over here so stopped then I tried no shotgun but did not find it as good but I have been looking in the internet and found white flood made by controlled labs. I am just wondering if any one has tried it and is it ok to take it over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭googlehead

Hi, I am currently training about 3-4 times a week cycling and running. I am 5 8"
    and 11 stone, I lost about 17lbs in the last 3 months. I still have a bit of belly, so if I lose a few more pounds it does not bother me.But I don't want to become too skinny and I want to build some muscle, so I am doing some weights now too. but I am not to sure about supplements, I was told that after a workout I need to take a protein shake to help recovery time and stop muscle lose. I don't want to bulk up or look like Arnie:D , but I would like to look lean and maybe develop a bit of a six pack etc. I was looking at Myprotein.co.uk, and Whey protein but unsure if this is what I need, as this is all new to me

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

I'm flat broke, I have been using nutrition x promatrix, is it a disaster to get cheap whey as I cant afford the good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

How's your diet first and foremost?

What's your weights routine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

posted this in the supps thread, but i may as well ask again here too :D

I'm flat broke, I have been using nutrition x promatrix, is it a disaster to get cheap whey as I cant afford the good stuff

• Advertisement

How's your diet first and foremost?

What's your weights routine?

5 8" 11 Stone

Diet is pretty good I think

Breakfast Scrambled eggs and 2 toasted Soya and linseed bread
    or
    Porridge with honey or Peanut butter
    or
    Museli with some Porridge Oats

Coffee

Lunch
    Soup and Rivata with low fat cottage cheese
    or
    2 slices of Brugen soy and linseed bread with peanut butter
    and 2 boiled eggs.(I only eat 2 slices of bread a day 3 on rare occasions if I
    am really hungry at night) and only 2-3 eggs per day.

Dinner
    usually Tomato based curry with small Nan bread, maybe a small bit of white rice, but usually not.
    or
    Stif fry thingy

I snack threw out the day on Yogurts apples, maderines, bananas, sometimes a spoonful of peanut butter, cottage cheese/rivata. A few squares of chocolate a week.(usually dark)

Weight training has only really started. I like doing cardio, but I am finding weight training very boring and hard.

last few days I have done,

30 reps with a roller wheel
    60 situps
    30 chest reps with dumbells(15lbs on each Dumbell

I don't really go to the gym.

I have done alot more , I just need to get a proper set going again.
    I just find the weights tight going or maybe a bit boring also

At home I have dumbells, powerball, the big exercise ball.roller wheel.matt. and those expandable cord things(similar to bodylastics)

Before I was following this routine
    http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/my_video_journal.html

But As I was doing alot of cardio, I found it really hard going with the leg exercises thrown in between reps.
    and I just got lazy( or sore) and stoped it. I could maybe do it again, but I would like to leave out some of the leg stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

myprotein is cheap and pretty good.

myprotein is cheap and pretty good.

do I need whey Protein to help tone my body?

as i do maybe 4-5 hours of cardio a week, and l am looking to add 3 days of weights. but I think all the cardio
    might just make me skinny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 gunner1251

hey just wondering if anyone can help me out

i was looking to start taking creatine but i've heard mixed oppinions on it
    i've been told that what it does is makes the muscle take in alot of water thus make your muscles look bigger and stronger but that once you stop taking it you can lose this "look"

yet some people swear by it

so unsure of what to do
    anyone be able to give me a bit more info please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭catch88

Can somone reccomend a vitamin/supplement brand that has really good absorbtion.

My friend who is a nurse says allot of the well known brands are pure rubbish.

I recently decided to go Vegan and im lookin a little anaemic :o

Still doing my intense cardio but want to make sure im getting all the right supplements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

gunner1251 wrote: »
    hey just wondering if anyone can help me out

i was looking to start taking creatine but i've heard mixed oppinions on it
    i've been told that what it does is makes the muscle take in alot of water thus make your muscles look bigger and stronger but that once you stop taking it you can lose this "look"

yet some people swear by it

so unsure of what to do
    anyone be able to give me a bit more info please

what you have heard is partly right. There is some good info in the article below

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-creatine.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

catch88 wrote: »
    Can somone reccomend a vitamin/supplement brand that has really good absorbtion.

My friend who is a nurse says allot of the well known brands are pure rubbish.

Still doing my intense cardio but want to make sure im getting all the right supplements.

If you're anaemic or think you are then you should see a doctor. In the meantime though I'm fairly sure cabbage and spinach have large amounts of iron in them, and as a vegan you should be eating those leafy fibrous greens anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

catch88 wrote: »

:pac:i find ex-girlfriends are good when you're short of iron

i'm just after buying some creatine capsules

on the tub it says take 2 a day in the morning and there's 1.5g per capsule

should i take anymore during the day before or after my workout?

any help would be appreciated
    cheers

i'm just after buying some creatine capsules
    they're made by a company called hyper strength and the name on them is kre - alkalyn creatine

on the tub it says take 2 a day in the morning and there's 1.5g per capsule

should i take anymore during the day before or after my workout?
    i always take 100% whey protein before and after,2 scoops an hour before my workout and 1 and a half scoops right after

any help would be appreciated
    cheers

• Advertisement

are they H&B ones?

no they're made by a company called hyper strength and the name on them is kre - alkalyn creatine

link?

with out seeing them aim for an intake of 5-10 g per day
    most people aim for 5g

Take them 30 mins before training on training days and take in the morning on non training days

john_cappa wrote: »
    link?

with out seeing them aim for an intake of 5-10 g per day
    most people aim for 5g

Take them 30 mins before training on training days and take in the morning on non training days

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250386060647&ih=015&category=97034&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

so given that they're 1.5g take maybe 5 before my workout?
    would taking them an hour before my workout be too much of a gap?
    and is that the only time i'd need to take them during the day?

id take 3 perday max at that price! Take them all at once and hour before is fine

**** me! did you pay that? never ever pay that again!

no i paid €35 euro for them

so could ya answer my previous questions please?

no i paid €35 euro for them

so could ya answer my previous questions please?

Once perday take 3 tabs IMO, the label says only two so perhaps you only need 3 g (2 tabs) for the desired effect,

what effect to you expect them to have?

vastly over priced for a bare months supply

id recommend trying creatine mono (same price for a years supply or more)

of if you want something a little more enjoyable gaspari sizeOn, best creatine product on market in my opinion but expensive

or
    Controlled lab green magnitute (same price for a 3 month supply)

john_cappa wrote: »
    Once perday take 3 tabs IMO, the label says only two so perhaps you only need 3 g (2 tabs) for the desired effect,

what effect to you expect them to have?

vastly over priced for a bare months supply

id recommend trying creatine mono (same price for a years supply or more)

of if you want something a little more enjoyable gaspari sizeOn, best creatine product on market in my opinion but expensive

or
    Controlled lab green magnitute (same price for a 3 month supply)

well just wanna put on some weight and develop more muscle as haven't been able to gain much so far

ye might try some of them out next time around

well just wanna put on some weight and develop more muscle as haven't been able to gain much so far

ye might try some of them out next time around

sorting out your diet will result in far greater benefit than any creatine

• Advertisement

i changed my diet months ago and asked the personal trainers in the gym and they said my diet was good

Advertisement