Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

hi all,
    new to forum,finding it very informative.
    just a quick question.i do alot of weight lifting and read arginine was very beneficial.i have been using arginine 500mg bought in natures way.do u think this is enough as some people have been recomending 3000mg which seems alot to me. also saw arginine-ornithine 1500mg capsules on their site,would anyone recomend these.
    thsks in advance
    p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I hate to ask a question with a question, is that suff any good then.

I'm planning all kinds of increases this year. Weight lifted and size.
    How does it benefit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

Im using Progain by maximuscle. It says best mixed with water.

I cannot stand the taste of it with water so miing with milk. Is there much difference??

Thks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

its not effective, waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

K09 wrote: »
    Im using Progain by maximuscle. It says best mixed with water.

I cannot stand the taste of it with water so miing with milk. Is there much difference??

Thks

Hi!, mixing most protein powders with milk will cause the protein to release slower cause of the casein in milk. To be honest i personally feel this is just splitting hairs and since your looking to bulk up the extra calories and protein in milk will outweigh any negatives. So id say go for milk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rubadub wrote: »
    The cheapest fish I get (bar dunnes fish fingers!) is frozen unbreaded fillets in lidl, they are €10-12 per kilo depending on type, and they have loads of different types of fresh fish.
    Wow. Thats shocking.
    I pay $10-$15 a kilo, which is about 5.80-8.80euro. And thats for fresh smoked cod and salmon. I could probably get it cheaper if I looked around. Frozen must be cheaper, but I'm not leaving the fresh stuff, its the nicest fish i've had in years
    I would put oats in to the shake if you are, it blends up and you don't really notice it. If it was me I would make porridge pancakes with egg & whey in the mix and some sulatanas or raisins. If these are made thick they are sort of like scones and I could eat them cold no problem.
    Yeah, thats prob the way i'd do it, just vary it up to keep me interested.
    Are there any potential issues with it and weight loss? I'm looking to build any muscle as of yet. 6 kilos in 6 weeks will be tough enough without any extra muscle :D

Basically, is a 200cal breakfast the same in terms of weight loss no matter if its muesli, eggs or a shake?
    (supplements noob here)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

Hi guys,

What do you think of these meal supressents? would they befull for me if i am trying to lose weight? I would be scared of using supplaments incase they make me fatter and just ruin all the gym work.

Cheers for your advise for a n00b :)

Jonny

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

squod wrote: »
    I hate to ask a question with a question, is that suff any good then.

I'm planning all kinds of increases this year. Weight lifted and size.
    How does it benefit you?

to be honest i havent seen any benefits yet,been taking it about a month.but i'm not sure if 500mg is enough or should i be taking more

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Hey guys,

I just got Nutrition X (xxx) supplement, and i'm just wondering how much to i take on rest days?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DarkGod

shouldnt have asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

50g of protein is the RDA for a non-athlete. This is the amount you should not go under. If you are lifting hard, you need a lot more than that.

Meal replacement bars are generally crap. I'd avoid. Even if they use decent quality whey, they make the bar edible by adding lots of sugar or sugar alcohols.

Creatine just causes your muscles to hold more water, and also to work a little harder for a little longer. It's a good supplement. When you stop, you will some of the extra water, but the muscle itself won't change.

Why not ring the shops you know sell your protein and ask them to post you some? E-bay is just a marketing mechanism, you are actually dealing with individual people and businesses. Some of my favourite supplement shops have an e-bay shop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

DarkGod wrote: »
    I don't have time to eat breakie.

Sort that out first I think. Just a matter of setting the alarm clock a few minutes earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bstoran

whats the best way to take Nutrition X's Creatine Monohydrate??

Personally, I add about 5g to my post workout shake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

bstoran wrote: »
    whats the best way to take Nutrition X's Creatine Monohydrate??

5G in the morning with some oj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Anyone here use BSN Cellmass?

Was it effective for you? Feel the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Swizz wrote: »

I used it once, it tasted wonderful.

However i think its marketed directly at incredibly rich Magpies and therefore refuse to buy it.

L

That's the stuff that's mostly really expensive creatine with a lot of sugar?

EileenG wrote: »
    That's the stuff that's mostly really expensive creatine with a lot of sugar?

that would be it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Well BSN were sewed for lying about what goes into the product -

http://www.supplementgenius.com/2009/01/20/bsn-lawsuit/

So your effectively paying alot of money for something that doesn't exist

• Advertisement

IIRC it was to do with that cee3 or cem3 or whatever they call it, i'm sure it still contains creatine, just not in whatever form they pretended!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭philipm

I used it once, it tasted wonderful.

However i think its marketed directly at incredibly rich Magpies and therefore refuse to buy it.

L

I hear alot of people saying how wonderful it tastes but I found it rotten (Artic Berry).

Would a standard Creatine monohydrate post workout be better combined with a standard whey protein early morning?

philipm wrote: »
    I hear alot of people saying how wonderful it tastes but I found it rotten (Artic Berry).

Would a standard Creatine monohydrate post workout be better combined with a standard whey protein early morning?

Hallo, it's early why are you asking me questions!!

Creatine + (mal) Dextrose + Protein = PWO shake.:)

Hallo, it's early why are you asking me questions!!

Creatine + (mal) Dextrose + Protein = PWO shake.:)

Thanks for the reply. Might sound stupid but where can I find (mal) dextrose? Did a search on the web for it. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Might sound stupid but where can I find (mal) dextrose? Did a search on the web for it. Thanks

http://www.irish-lifting.com/product_info_supplement.php?manufacturers_id=13&products_id=49

Thanks for the advice.

I play rugby loose head prop, the agile one not the fatty:) I am trying to understand what is best to take & when to take supplements with following training goals:

Current Weight: 15.5 stone Height:5"10

Bench Press: 85kg Goal: 100kg by mid September

Would you take protein, creatine and mal dextrose all in the one shake after your workout? What I am trying to workout is what times of the day do you take your protein and creatine etc.

I have always had protein shake followed by breakfast, lunch, then around 4pm protein shake then after training or the gym a creatine shake? Does this sound about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi There

I am no expert and work out for purely health and fitness reasons not for competitive sport.

Also I only use a protein shake after workouts, both cardio and weight. The rest of the time I try to get my nutrition from whole foods.

My Post Workout Shake consists of

2 scoops of Protein Powder (48g protein)
    1 scoop of Glucose (Hi GI carb)
    1 teaspoon (5g) L-Glutamine
    1 teaspoon (5g) Creatine

All mixed with 450ml of water and taken immediately after workout, before I shower. I then have a meal of meat or fish and veg when I get home, usually about 1hr after I have taken shake.

Best Regards,

M

Thanks it's good to get some sound advice.

Thanks,
    Phil

Thanks it's good to get some sound advice.

Thanks,
    Phil

What age are you??

Throw your stats up on a thread on the main page,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭|MarK|

Hey guys iv just started to take creatine 2 days ago and i know u need to keep well hydrated, has anyone got any guidelines on how much water to drink
    cheers

Advertisement