Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

bigstar wrote: »
    wahts the story with this stuff is it a lot better than other brands cause its VERY expensive. bulkpowders and myprotein seem to be about half the price.

It's by far the cheapest and best value of the branded proteins.

24 grams of protein
    5.5 grams of bcaas
    4 grams of glutamine per serving ( yes there's an empty tub in front of me!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

24 grams of protein
    5.5 grams of bcaas
    Its one of the dearest branded proteins.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Its one of the dearest branded proteins.

No it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

24 grams of protein
    5.5 grams of bcaas

its over €50 for a 5lb tub, thats not really cheap.

No it's not.
    Explain how its by far the cheapest, we'll use a 5lbs tub for example. Use links if necessary.

• Advertisement

Cheapest and best value.

i.e it saves you buying BCAAs and Glutamine which has to be included in any cost comparison... no?

There isn't really anything on the market to match it taste wise and contents wise IMO.

http://www.irish-lifting.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

yeah your right actually its similar or cheaper than a lot of others. cheers.

Cheapest and best value.

i.e it saves you buying BCAAs and Glutamine which has to be included in any cost comparison... no?

There isn't really anything on the market to match it taste wise and contents wise IMO.

http://www.irish-lifting.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=2
    So if you and me had the exact same stats, and we did the exact same training and you used ON and i used a cheaper branded protein, say Nutrition X, and we kept this up for a year. Would there be much difference in the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

who gives a poop about brand? I use the myprotein stuff and find it super.

24 grams of protein
    5.5 grams of bcaas

Hmmmm. The myprotein stuff actually has a better profile than that (i.e. more bcaa and glutamine per 30g serving). I must admit I was slightly surprised, but then again it all just comes from milk and milk is milk is milk really.

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »
    Hmmmm. The myprotein stuff actually has a better profile than that (i.e. more bcaa and glutamine per 30g serving). I must admit I was slightly surprised, but then again it all just comes from milk and milk is milk is milk really.

Linky??

Khannie wrote: »
    who gives a poop about brand? I use the myprotein stuff and find it super.
    Im using Bulk Supplements Direct, ill be sticking to unbranded in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

bigstar wrote: »
    its over €50 for a 5lb tub, thats not really cheap.

http://www.fssn.ie/shop/?cat=1236358321457&start_item=12&product=1236625823919

€46

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 driver09

anyne else having problem gettibh maximuscle cycklone strawberry down with water?its seems really sweet its better with milk but id rather take with water post work out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭guile45

Has anyone bought supplements from this guy?
    he offers a competitive price and seems all above board, just wanna check is there anyone out there who can put my mind at ease

his ad:
    http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/58/40896558.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

are you 'this guy'?

N.O Explode is banned by the IMB and I think Nitrix may be too.

are you 'this guy'?

No I am not, this is a genuine search for others who have bought from him
    i am sure everythin is above bored but u never know

guile45 wrote: »
    No I am not, this is a genuine search for others who have bought from him
    i am sure everythin is above bored but u never know

the website looks professional enough, I glanced at it but I dont think its the guys website, and the photo in gumtree is poorly done.
    they dont match up

• Advertisement

the website looks professional enough, I glanced at it but I dont think its the guys website, and the photo in gumtree is poorly done.
    they dont match up

LOL:D:rolleyes:

Thats BSNs real website!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

they dont match up

You mean the BSN website? The MANUFACTURERS website where one can go to find information about their products? As suggest in the gumtree ad by the retailer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Rocket!

Does anyone know whats the policy being implemented by customs on whey ordered from the states?

Was about to put in a big order(25lbs) with bodybuilding.com but they say at checkout that theyre not allowed to import whey/milk products into my country. News to me!

Just want to get a heads up from anyone here that has imported protein recently before I go ahead and make a big order with a different site and then it gets seized by customs!

Cheers...

Rocket! wrote: »
    Does anyone know whats the policy being implemented by customs on whey ordered from the states?

Was about to put in a big order(25lbs) with bodybuilding.com but they say at checkout that theyre not allowed to import whey/milk products into my country. News to me!

Just want to get a heads up from anyone here that has imported protein recently before I go ahead and make a big order with a different site and then it gets seized by customs!

Cheers...

eneraly if it says Bodybuilding.com on the box it's going to get charged by customs.... also FedEx.. and im pretty sure BB.com send stuff with FedEx so you're ****ed!!!!

they dont match up

Come on...

LOL:D:rolleyes:

Thats BSNs real website!!

the .net domain and '2008' at the bottom threw me off there

considering this new information I'd say it would be unwise to buy tubs of powder off a stranger on gumtree

I know the link is to BSN's site. thats so he doesnt have to explain the products to u

the guy is into bodybuilding himself and says he buys in bulk from US and sells some off. he isnt pretending to be really a BSN employee or anythin. he is also delivering in person and i obviously will tell him get f*cked if all seals aren't in tact.

point of the post is to find someone who has bought off this lad

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Rocket!

I think the site I was going to order off uses USPS(United States Postal Service) so I dont know if thats any better for avoiding customs. I imagine it would be the same. Maybe the reason bodybuilding.com don't send protein to Ireland now is because they were consistently running into problems with customs these days. Who knows?

A few of you order from myprotein.co.uk yeah? Its been over a year since I got stuff from them. Are orders from the UK still customs free? Ha, I sound a bit paranoid about customs now...they're everywhere...:eek::D

Thanks for the help L!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 driver09

isnt N.O explode banned here in ireland?

Advertisement