Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

Nobody will have if they have a brain. I know it's a bit ridiculous to compare him to an illegal drug dealer but that's what he is right now. The products he is selling are banned - he could find himself in an awful lot of trouble if he's busted selling banned supplements, what if someone died taking his supplements ? Dramatic yes, but that's why the clowns banned them in the first place, they couldn't find anything else that caused these "heart attacks" that are more than likely genetic issues. It's not that smart and the profit made is not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Nobody will have if they have a brain. I know it's a bit ridiculous to compare him to an illegal drug dealer but that's what he is right now. The products he is selling are banned - he could find himself in an awful lot of trouble if he's busted selling banned supplements, what if someone died taking his supplements ? Dramatic yes, but that's why the clowns banned them in the first place, they couldn't find anything else that caused these "heart attacks" that are more than likely genetic issues. It's not that smart and the profit made is not worth it.

They're not illegal per se, they're not on the IOC banned list even, it's just the IMB being ****

Come on man, if this dude sell No Xplode to a guy who takes it and dies due to some genetic heart disorder, he'll go down for it. It's illegal to sell otherwise the nutrition shops would sell it.

It's got bad news written all over it for the guy selling it. Hope he stops for his own sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭guile45

NUTRITION SHOPS DO SELL NO EXPLODE, I USE THE STUFF ALREADY
    IT'S THE BOMB!!! OLD SCHOOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

this is just a shill at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

this is just a shill at this stage.

Get lost veggie boy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Rocket! wrote: »
    Are orders from the UK still customs free?
    Well you are not liable for VAT, you are still liable for customs searches for banned stuff of course, but I don't think they sell anything banned here. Post is not £6.95 for up to 26kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Rocket!

rubadub wrote: »
    Well you are not liable for VAT, you are still liable for customs searches for banned stuff of course, but I don't think they sell anything banned here. Post is not £6.95 for up to 26kg.

Under 7 quid, thats a bargain! Any idea what the flavours are like for the impact whey from myprotein? I will admit to liking some of the more expensive, marked-up brands like myofusion, cytosport and the like purely because they taste great. Any idea of the how they compare tastewise?

Im liking the look of choc nut. If its anything like the Choc peanutbutter flavour I had in Canada I'll be laughing.

Cheers Rubadub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

guile45 wrote: »

what shop? where? how much? I love this stuff although I feel like puking for half an hour after taking it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Scramble

For what it's worth, I previously had Cytosport Whey in cookies and creme and now have MyProtein's cookies and creme... They're comparable in terms of flavour. But there seems to be a tremendous variation, I don't know that there would be any equivalency in other flavours. Always a bit of a roll of the dice unless you get some samples or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

j@utis wrote: »
    what shop? where? how much? I love this stuff although I feel like puking for half an hour after taking it :D

they sell it in most cafes, its called a double espresso with placebo sprinkled on top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

I need to bulk up im about 5 11,10 and a half stone i have started going to the gym alot this year and im thinking of going on creatine or protein or both but i dont have a clue what to go on tbh. . . any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

MiciG91 wrote: »
    I need to bulk up im about 5 11,10 and a half stone i have started going to the gym alot this year and im thinking of going on creatine or protein or both but i dont have a clue what to go on tbh. . . any suggestions

get a decent weights programme together and lift big and then eat properly, if you are looking to just add some weight a protein supplement would probably be the only one you may need to get if you can't get enough from whole food supplements and maybe some fish oil tablets as well if you aren't getting enough of that from your general diet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

get a decent weights programme together and lift big and then eat properly, if you are looking to just add some weight a protein supplement would probably be the only one you may need to get if you can't get enough from whole food supplements and maybe some fish oil tablets as well if you aren't getting enough of that from your general diet

So should i not bother with the creatine then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

MiciG91 wrote: »
    So should i not bother with the creatine then ?

No you don't need to bother with creatine, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭david_1888

Is there any type of way to make a protein shake that little bit nicer when trying to get it down the hatch? I have orange flavour at the moment and its just to hard to drink it with water only, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi David

Can I ask what brand of protein shake you are using?

I use the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% whey in double chocolate flavor and find it really easy to drink.

1166532829566615887.jpg

Post workout I mix it with just cold water. Other times if I am just looking to boost my protein intake I mix it with cold milk.

I have aslo tasted the vanilla, which was not too bad, but I prefere the chocolate flavor so I stick with that.

Don't think that I would be into orange flavor protein shake though

Best Regards,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭jt_dublin

Hi David,

Flavour and texture of whey proteins varies a lot from brand to brand. I've tried a number of them and I have found nothing to beat the Irish made Nutrtition X range.

http://www.nutritionx.ie/

They have a range called Pro-Matrix which in my opinion is one of the best flavoured and textured proteins available. I'm currently addicted to the Coconut flavour. If they bring out the Turkey & Ham one, I'll be having it for Christmas dinner!

http://nutritionx.ie/store/promatrix5lb-p-51.html

Regards,
    JT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Ontimum Nutrition Super Multi Pak

Anyone use this.

I have been training hard lately and cutting down on my food intake in order to lose weight in order to get a fight. Now i expect to feel tired and a bit rundown and think a multi vitamin might be of benefit. Any thoughts?

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Stick it in a blender with ice, or just get some crushed ice in their. I dunno how people can drink them at room temp, I love them ice cold though.

• Advertisement

Killme00 wrote: »
    Ontimum Nutrition Super Multi Pak

Anyone use this.

I have been training hard lately and cutting down on my food intake in order to lose weight in order to get a fight. Now i expect to feel tired and a bit rundown and think a multi vitamin might be of benefit. Any thoughts?

Tks

would you not just get a bog standard multi vit from boots (3 for 2 and all that) I doubt an "athlete" specific one is really worth the extra money to be treuthful

why are you finding it hard to take just as a matter of interest, is it not mixing properly or is it a taste issue.

if it is the not mixing properly try rubadub's idea, if it is taste you may want to try and add a bit or orange kia ora to it to see if that helps as the protein is orange flavored (where did you get it just as a matter or interest as I haven't seen an orange protein before)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

What effect does iron have on a man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Crystal_Baller

That is the worst stack i have ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Crystal_Baller

guile45 wrote: »

BSN is the most over hyped company them and Muscle Tech

Thanks guys for the replys,

Im using a nutrition x carb/protein recovery shake

Its the taste thats an issue, would maybe try with crushed ice or even a few scoops of orange flavoured ice cream in the blender?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

+ 1 for Optimum Nutrition, their flavors are WIN :D

Banana Cream, Caramel Toffee Fudge, Chocolate Malt, Chocolate Mint, Cookies & Cream, Delicious Strawberry, Double Rich Chocolate, Extreme Milk Chocolate, French Vanilla, Mocha Cappuccino, Orange Cream, Rocky Road, Root Beer, Strawberry Banana, Tropical Punch, Vanilla Cream etc etc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

jt_dublin wrote: »
    Hi David,

Flavour and texture of whey proteins varies a lot from brand to brand. I've tried a number of them and I have found nothing to beat the Irish made Nutrtition X range.

http://www.nutritionx.ie/

They have a range called Pro-Matrix which in my opinion is one of the best flavoured and textured proteins available. I'm currently addicted to the Coconut flavour. If they bring out the Turkey & Ham one, I'll be having it for Christmas dinner!

http://nutritionx.ie/store/promatrix5lb-p-51.html

Regards,
    JT.

fully agree with the promatrix its lovely

Cheers lads, heading the gym now, will try with some oj and ice after, will post the result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I use reflex shakes mixed with skimmed milk.
    tastes nice.

Strawberry flavour ON is nice too.

Advertisement