Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Kel Varnsen

Has anyone else noticed a difference in the taste of ON's double chocolate whey recently? I got two tubs from fitnessireland, in a new type of packaging, and with a horrible new taste. I used to look forward to a delicious chocolatey milkshake twice a day, now it's a chore to drink this stuff. Did I just get two bad batches, or did ON decide, for some God forsaken reason, to tamper with the flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

rubadub wrote: »
    Why is it such an issue? if it was meant to be 1kg and was 500g then thats a problem, the only problem with a big container is it takes up room in your press. As I said before its sold by weight not volume.

Its deceptive, it gives off the impression that your getting alot more for your money than you actually are, if I was buying a supplement I wouldn't think to look at the weight, id look at the container and think thats what im getting (as is the case with other supplements you buy).
    If you bought a big bag of crisps and it only had the same as a normal bag it would be the same thing cause the weight would be on the bag, you'd still feel cheated though

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭tommy57

Has anyone else noticed a difference in the taste of ON's double chocolate whey recently? I got two tubs from fitnessireland, in a new type of packaging, and with a horrible new taste. I used to look forward to a delicious chocolatey milkshake twice a day, now it's a chore to drink this stuff. Did I just get two bad batches, or did ON decide, for some God forsaken reason, to tamper with the flavour?

yeah had it two weeks ago. i,d rathar swallow raw eggs. I just went back to strawberry your safest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I wouldn't use RAM for after gym workouts, use gold standard whey protein

I use RAM after GAA training - between running, circuits, playing games etc I'd be worn out

Does anyone know how long it takes for myprotein.co.uk to deliver stuff to Dublin, Ireland ? I ordered 5kg of protein today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Does anyone know how long it takes for myprotein.co.uk to deliver stuff to Dublin, Ireland ? I ordered 5kg of protein today.

Should be <5 working days!

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

3 days it usually takes to get to me in limerick and that is usually 25 kg weight so a smaller package might be faster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Quick one just wondering what kind of supplements to go for. I'm a bit of a novice - just gone from a fairly light workout to reps of 15/12/10/10/10 with over an hour of weights.

Trying to build up a bit and just wondering what would be the best for me to start on. I work out late in the evenings and usually don't eat much post workout so would like to get some sort of supplement.

Any info appreciated

Trying to build up a bit and just wondering what would be the best for me to start on. I work out late in the evenings and usually don't eat much post workout so would like to get some sort of supplement.

Any info appreciated

why dont you eat much after working out? eating after working out is more important than the session it self

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

john_cappa wrote: »
    why dont you eat much after working out? eating after working out is more important than the session it self

Thats a ridiculous statement.

Thats a ridiculous statement.

Perhaps a little excessive but i fail to see how its ridiculous. Nutrition is far more important than training

Perhaps a little excessive but i fail to see how its ridiculous. Nutrition is far more important than training

Tell that to my bench

Tell that to my bench

whatever

I suppose you dont eat at all after training? no? yeah right

Every notice how much longer doms last when you dont eat enough PPWO and before bed

whatever

I suppose you dont eat at all after training? no? yeah right

Every notice how much longer doms last when you dont eat enough PPWO and before bed

I'm going to try your approach of wandering aimlessly around the gym then eating 4 chickens maybe i'll get huge....

tone down the hyperbole its getting tiresome

your approach of wandering aimlessly around the gym then eating 4 chickens maybe i'll get huge....

where did i say anything like that?

eating after working out is more important than the session it self

Nutrition is far more important than training

so basically i didnt say that so?

Nutrition is more important than training

going to the gym and doing a great sessions, plenty of compunds etc etc and eating nothing and you will not progress far

gingo to the gym and even doing a half arse sessions combined with proper nutrition and you will see results

You are only in the thread purely to troll at the moment. Why not assist the person with their question? or is your advice to keep doing as they are becuase that is fine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭DJsail

Moved this from the main forum as not sure where to post it?
    Can anyone give me an honest Irish review of viper and viper extreme energy drinks, have just ordered both after been given a bottle full of viper over the weekend and did notice the difference in endurance alone.

Tried looking online for a review but came up with the usual over exaggerated nonsense, basically is anyone else using it and how safe would they consider it over other isotonic sports drinks etc.? cheers in advance

Dave

Ok so thanks for the reply but neither of you answered my question. I know eating is important after but what are the alternatives.

I might get something to eat at around 6 and don't want to cook anything and have it lying in my stomach for the night as it could be 10 by the time I get a chance to work out and I don't have much of an appetite anyway.

Just looking for advice as someone new to lifting what to take before or after to get the maximum benefits and aid muscle recovery

• Advertisement

DJsail wrote: »
    Moved this from the main forum as not sure where to post it?
    Can anyone give me an honest Irish review of viper and viper extreme energy drinks, have just ordered both after been given a bottle full of viper over the weekend and did notice the difference in endurance alone.

Tried looking online for a review but came up with the usual over exaggerated nonsense, basically is anyone else using it and how safe would they consider it over other isotonic sports drinks etc.? cheers in advance

Dave

Maximuscle crap.

I don't know the nutritional info on it, I tend to be against maximuscle products from the off due to the terrible reputation (Best stuff in the world if you ask the kids)

Having said that, my mates a rugby ref and takes viper before matches, don't ask me why, I've no idea, he just does - and it works, he swears by it.

But then again, coffee works too.

I personally doubt it's worth the hard earned cash you'd pay for it. None of those pre workout drinks are really. Expensive for a kick up the ass.

Ok so thanks for the reply but neither of you answered my question. I know eating is important after but what are the alternatives.

I might get something to eat at around 6 and don't want to cook anything and have it lying in my stomach for the night as it could be 10 by the time I get a chance to work out and I don't have much of an appetite anyway.

Just looking for advice as someone new to lifting what to take before or after to get the maximum benefits and aid muscle recovery

If you really cant eat a proper meal after training and want something handy then i suggest making a MRP shake of some sort with powders oats (either home made or bought from myprotein) + a protein powder (flavoured preferable to save you having to add a flavouring system) + a scoop of peanut butter + low fat milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Where is the best place to get whey in dublin? and what price would i be looking at for the brand you recommend. budget isn't that big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mdc5065

If possible, could someone PM me a relatively close Muscletech provider? I'm about to shell out 50 bucks on international shipping just to get my regular products from back home in the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭TrueMass

Maximuscle crap.

I don't know the nutritional info on it, I tend to be against maximuscle products from the off due to the terrible reputation (Best stuff in the world if you ask the kids)

quote]

Where is the basis for this? You just said you dont know the nutritional info!

They are very expensive, its a basic carbohydrate drink. I also cant see there terrible reputation, again for pricing but not for quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭DJsail

thanks to all for their feedback on Maximuscle Viper etc. basically the consensus seems to be that they're far too expensive for a basic carbohydrate iso/hyper-tonic drink mix.

With this in mind can anyone reccommend an alternative and in particular one that has been anti-doping tested and approved for competition etc.

Cheers

If you really cant eat a proper meal after training and want something handy then i suggest making a MRP shake of some sort with powders oats (either home made or bought from myprotein) + a protein powder (flavoured preferable to save you having to add a flavouring system) + a scoop of peanut butter + low fat milk

Thanks so would something like this be good then?

http://www.irish-lifting.com/product_info_supplement.php?manufacturers_id=8&products_id=67

That is not what i would choose. Expensive for what you are getting. 3-4 week supply for 40 euro including delivery

id go with 10 kg of oats
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/carbohydrates/ultra-fine-scottish-oats/
    cost 20 GBP

and 5lbs of
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-supplies/flavoured-protein/impact-blend/

22 GBP

+ 7 quid or so for delivery for i remember correctly

Makes it 47 quid or around 60 euro for a 3 month or so supply at once a day using 100g of oats + 30 gram whey, of you are just using after taining then this will last longer (assuming tyou are not training every day)

Put them in a blender with milk and peanut butter and you have a nice shake

Thanks for that john. Going to go ahead and put in an order this evening I think. Are there any other supplements you'd recommend I take in addition and also what to take when I do actually have time to eat as well as I would be in early sometimes depending on where i'm working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Thanks for that john. Going to go ahead and put in an order this evening I think. Are there any other supplements you'd recommend I take in addition and also what to take when I do actually have time to eat as well as I would be in early sometimes depending on where i'm working.

If you haven't used myprotein.co.uk before, feel free to use the code below in my sig for 5% off your order. I'm fairly sure i get some kind of "points" too, depending on what you spend. If you don't wanna use mine, there are other posters here who have something similar for myprotein.co.uk in their sig too.

Advertisement