Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Spiara

i had same problem whats wrong with these people.WE DONT HAVE POST CODES in Ireland...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Uk post codes are 4 characters followed by a space followed by 3 characters

my old post code in cardiff for example was CF24 4QU

what i put in for post codes now is 0000 000

seems to work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just to follow up on my posts yesterday. I called them to place an order over the phone. About 10 minutes into the call he told me "oops... since you're from Ireland, I can't take your order over the phone". I told him about my website issues, he took my details and said he'd call me back. I'm not expecting to receive that call.....

I'm going to be out of protein by Friday.... where can I order supplements online in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

Mr E wrote: »

I'm going to be out of protein by Friday.... where can I order supplements online in Ireland?

you could try here to tide you over

http://www.fitnessireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I usually order from these guys, next day delivery too

http://www.thesupplementfactory.com/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Just to follow up on my posts yesterday. I called them to place an order over the phone. About 10 minutes into the call he told me "oops... since you're from Ireland, I can't take your order over the phone". I told him about my website issues, he took my details and said he'd call me back. I'm not expecting to receive that call.....

Have you tried now re editing your account details and deleting the postcode and putting in what ever post code you need to pass the credit card check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Just looked at my account details; postcode says "18 0OO". Don't remember ever doing that but it seems to work. Do you live in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Hey guys looking for some advice on recovery shakes.
    Any good recovery shakes that are flavoured similarly to provon revive?

I've been using RAM for a while now and find it pretty good I have to say. My body feels like it gets nicely replenished when I take it post WO. I initially thought this may have been a psychological thing, but after several weeks of being on/off it, I generally felt better on the following days after a heavy total body WO.

I have it in orange and have no problem with the taste.

http://www.nutritionx.ie/products/recovery-accelerator-matrix/

EDIT: I've also just received a sample of PROMilk, MyProteins new protein drink. Will let you know how thats goes when I try it.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/one/one-promilk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Fizman wrote: »
    I've been using RAM for a while now and find it pretty good I have to say. My body feels like it gets nicely replenished when I take it post WO. I initially thought this may have been a psychological thing, but after several weeks of being on/off it, I generally felt better on the following days after a heavy total body WO.

I have it in orange and have no problem with the taste.

http://www.nutritionx.ie/products/recovery-accelerator-matrix/

Have you tried the lemon and lime flavour? I may go for that.

• Advertisement

gnolan wrote: »
    Just looked at my account details; postcode says "18 0OO". Don't remember ever doing that but it seems to work. Do you live in Dublin?

Edited my address and changed postcode to 00000. Order has now gone through. Bad experience so far, lets hope the products make it worthwhile.

Have you tried the lemon and lime flavour? I may go for that.

No, just the orange for me so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

Maximuscle is crap look at all the brakethroughs in the last ten years and all there products are still the same. They are full of sugar too. Very like twinlab

For my money Dorian Yates own brand is the best tastes fairly good but lets face it were not drinkin it for the taste are we after two weeks you notice the difference. Problem is they are havin problems makin it as supply couldnt keep up with demand but they have some super products. There lean gain is great as is there glutamine drink.

I also feal USN , BSN and Nutrition x have great product that are good value bsn s volumise is really good as is no explode and there fat burner is in my opinion the best on the market doesnt leave you too ****ed.

Vitargo is a great supplement used with udos oil you get great results and are both great value

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Maximuscle is crap look at all the brakethroughs in the last ten years and all there products are still the same. They are full of sugar too.

There one of the best in terms of quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kayashi

Where can I get creo in Dublin and how much is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mdc5065

Note to self 1: When you have a 9:30 AM meeting, TRUST THE LABEL ON YOUR SUPPLEMENT THAT SAYS "DO NOT TAKE WITHIN 5 HOURS OF SLEEP".

Note to self 2: Do not do the above with all three of your pre-workouts.

:(

Following up on my last post, I got my stuff from myprotein, and its really good. I got banana cream protein (passes the taste test) and some MyBar bars (which aren't going to last very long). I'll definitely use them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

sfag wrote: »
    Its worth remembering that creatine only works for some people. Did nothing for me. A lot of people find it useless.

I buy my whey from myprotein.co.uk. Cheaper than h&B even when their stuff is half price.
    Dont buy brand stuff - its just crazy expensive. Whey is whey.

Buy unflavored whey bulk. Also buy flavouring separately. a litle goes along way.
    maltodextin V dextrose - one is sweet and one is tasteless. I like to mix the two.

Best source of protein = cheap meat & fish in packets from lidl.

few points

Creatine does work in my opinion. how did you find it useless?
    how long did you take it for?

i agree that whey is whey, as most of it comes from glanbia, but i couldnt buy that unflavoured stuff.

the best source of protein is NOT from cheap meat/fish in packets. sure, they are sources of protein but not the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

hi

i'm taking three shakes of protein on workout days, i work out three times a week, i'll also take one if i need to boost my protein intake on a day where ive missed a meal

yesterday i went for my stats, about two months ago my bf% was 14%, now it's 23% after using the shakes, is this normal??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

shake for 1 minute and drink.

I shake mine for all of ten seconds, taste aside, does it make a difference to shake it for longer. I just get all the powder off the bottom of the shaker and then drink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Esse85 wrote: »

Untrue. They're the only brand I've ever had serious problems with quality, dangerous contamination in a glutamine product. When I sent it back with a letter I got no reply.

mloc wrote: »
    Untrue. They're the only brand I've ever had serious problems with quality, dangerous contamination in a glutamine product. When I sent it back with a letter I got no reply.
    Your wrong. The quality of their products are excellent, however the price is a joke.

Your wrong. The quality of their products are excellent, however the price is a joke.

I fail to see how I'm wrong. My statement is factual from my own experience. Not only must they have piss poor QC, the fact they didn't even reply indicates to me they don't really give a **** either.

I fail to see how I'm wrong. My statement is factual from my own experience. Not only must they have piss poor QC, the fact they didn't even reply indicates to me they don't really give a **** either.

Exactly from your experience, im sure millions would disagree with you and say their products are top class in terms of quality. Their as good if not better than any other company out there in terms of the quality of product they produce.

Exactly from your experience, im sure millions would disagree with you and say their products are top class in terms of quality. Their as good if not better than any other company out there in terms of the quality of product they produce.

On what basis are you claiming that they are better quality?

Twice I recieved contaminated products from them, once a product that was contaminated with ammonia, and another time with chips of plastic. I've never had those problems with other brands.

They are overpriced, have poor QC, mix poorly, taste horrific and generally behind the times with all their stuff. Essentially, they have nothing going for them bar good marketing, if you call that a plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭TrueMass

On what basis are you claiming that they are better quality?

Twice I recieved contaminated products from them, once a product that was contaminated with ammonia, and another time with chips of plastic. I've never had those problems with other brands.

They are overpriced, have poor QC, mix poorly, taste horrific and generally behind the times with all their stuff. Essentially, they have nothing going for them bar good marketing, if you call that a plus.

What brand are you talking about?

TrueMass wrote: »
    What brand are you talking about?

Maximuscle. Bought from their own website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mosesmoses

Any suggestions on the best place to get inexpensive protein powders? Anyone ever ordered off ebay?

• Advertisement

mosesmoses wrote: »
    Any suggestions on the best place to get inexpensive protein powders? Anyone ever ordered off ebay?

Have a look at www.myprotein.co.uk.

I've been using them for a few months now and find their products to be of a very high standard. Very good value to be had too. Huge selection of stuff there, as well as user reviews of their products which is quite useful.

Oh and use the code in my sig to get a little discount! ;)

Advertisement