Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

i am running out of my Gold Standard Whey.

any recommendations for a replacement product? whey. non creatine.

or the cheapest place to get the Gold standard online??

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

Hey, has anyone used the above supplements recently (Aplodan and Gakic)??

Ive been using Aplodan for the last month, have to say I was very sceptical about it and it was hard parting with the money to try it out, but Ive noticed great gains in terms of measurements (arms I mean ;) ). However, havent seen much in terms of strenght gains on core exercises like bench, deads and squats. Looking back over the past few weeks Im definitely lifting more on 'lesser' exercises or else doing more reps with the same weight week on week, which is great and definitely at a greater rate than before I started to use it. Ive also gained 3 or 4 pounds while keeping my diet relatively similar and my bodyfat % hasnt increased (just going by the mirror).

Gakic is another story and was hoping to get opinions from people on it. Havent used it in a couple of years I think. The first time I used it I noticed significant increases in core lifts, but measurements and body weight didnt seem to increase much. The second time I used it I had far far poorer results (although my diet and training were very poor at that point).

Has anyone used either of these (or better yet, both of them) recently? What results did you see and which did you prefer?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭alder

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    i am running out of my Gold Standard Whey.

any recommendations for a replacement product? whey. non creatine.

or the cheapest place to get the Gold standard online??

thanks

try whey powder from Trec. you can get it in Vitamins Shop (Cork, Limerick). however, i've been using Trec products for a long while. the quality is very good and the price as well. it's cheaper than many other products in sports shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

New Protein Supp needed...

Bored of taking BSN True Mass. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

brianblaze wrote: »

Are you actually looking for a protein supplement or a mass gainer? myprotein.co.uk are generally regarded as providing a good quality protein. The more you buy the cheaper it is, but even buying 1kg you'll still get a good price. 5% off with the code in my sig below too! A 7 pound delivery charge might put you off however, i guess it depends how much you're buying.

EDIT: There's actually 15% off impact whey isolate at the moment as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Is it ok to put creapure in the fridge?

I got Reflex Nutritions Tri Matrix Evolution
    Ingredients:

Glucose polymers, CREAPURE creatine monohydrate, L-leucine, citrulline malate, L-valine, L-isoleucine, beta-alanine, taurine, nature identical flavourings, betaine anhyrdous, carboxymethyl cellulose, natural colouring, caffeine, calcium silicate, grapseed extract (95% phenolic components), pinebark extract (95% phenolic components), artificial sweeteners (SPLENDA brand sucralose, acesulfame k), vitamin b6.

Per 35gm Serving:

Calories 60
    CREAPURE Creatine 5000mg
    L-Leucine 3150mg
    L-Isoleucine 1750mg
    L-Valine 2100mg
    Beta-Alanine 1600mg
    Citrulline Malate 3000mg
    Betaine 500mg
    Taurine 1500mg
    Caffeine 150mg
    Grapeseed extract 50mg
    Pinebark Extract 50mg
    Vitamin B6 1.4mg

After I shake it up there's white lumps, I think its the leucine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭mc23

cookerj wrote: »
    Hey anyone heard about these Rocky Elsom products yet? A guy I know fairly well who works in Elvery's told me they've just taken on Rocky's own brand of sports supplements. I thought oh great another random endorsement but apparently it's Rocky's own company and he's designed all the products himself because he says all the products out there are full of sh*te.

I'd like to know more if anyone's got info?

I heard Rocky on the last word last night promoting his new range of supplements. Matt Cooper mostly spoke to him about his time with Leinster rugby and didnt go into detail on how his new range differs from existing products. Rocky did say it offers a more holistic approach to supplements. I couldnt find any detail online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

yomchi wrote: »
    1. No

Matter of opinion if you ask me, if I were to be so general in my response. My response would be Yes.

But I using the product as a student was painful as it was expensive
    yomchi wrote: »
    2. Yes I retail it, no one buys it

Interesting statement, fair enough thats your experience as a retailer.

But I am a fan of Maximuscle ( I also rate Nutrition X highly FTR) I find it hard to swallow that in your experience that no one buys it considering it shifts a hell of a lot of tubs.

Fitnessireland.ie are always a great resource and good bunch of lads to order from.

They have done a poll on top brands http://www.fitnessireland.ie/pollbooth.php?op=results&pollid=6

I'm sure the results are bound to piss off the anti-Maximuscle Crew. But unless the soul-less, faceless and consumer unfriendly corporations have paid people to click polls for them numbers, can speak for themselves when people are stating their preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

you could try Reflex.
    about 70/80 euro for a 10lb bag.
    the strawberry and vanilla flavours are nice.

I'm getting mine from a guy in galway these days.

www.musclesupplements.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭TrueMass

you could try Reflex.
    about 70/80 euro for a 10lb bag.
    the strawberry and vanilla flavours are nice.

I'm getting mine from a guy in galway these days.

www.musclesupplements.ie

You could try Lean Gain from Kinetica, enter the code under below for 30% off.

TCB1496

• Advertisement

I went with some Trec 'NitroTech Pro Gen.'

I've used it before, it tastes like arse but gets the job done!

f5c7f400fe763e8c30e6221f7a0afff0.image.300x300.jpg

surely, i mentioned nitroprogen before but as i can see, people like to overpay.

alder wrote: »
    surely, i mentioned nitroprogen before but as i can see, people like to overpay.

It cost me e20!

but u can get 3kg of it for 53e

alder wrote: »
    but u can get 3kg of it for 53e

I got the bag, not the container. I generally get all my supps. at in or around the price the retailer pays for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭rory16

Is it harmful? I've more or less decided to start taking it, but I just want to make sure it doesn't mess me up.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

rory16 wrote: »
    Is it harmful? I've more or less decided to start taking it, but I just want to make sure it doesn't mess me up.

Cheers

It's essentially dried milk. So no. Unless you are allergic to milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I've had a bottle of vinegar sitting in a corner for months now. Yuk! My liver will just have to get on with it.

mloc wrote: »
    It's essentially dried milk. So no. Unless you are allergic to milk.

Are you talking about milk powder or whey protein. Whey protein is not like dried milk at all. Its a by products of cheese manufacture.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

TrueMass wrote: »
    Are you talking about milk powder or whey protein. Whey protein is not like dried milk at all. Its a by products of cheese manufacture.
    The guy was asking if it was harmful, I think mloc was just pointing out that it is just another processed dairy product -many people think it is some sort of drug like steroids, all thanks to the likes of Joe Duffy, who probably stuffs his face with cakes with whey powder in the RTE canteen.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    The guy was asking if it was harmful, I think mloc was just pointing out that it is just another processed dairy product -many people think it is some sort of drug like steroids, all thanks to the likes of Joe Duffy, who probably stuffs his face with cakes with whey powder in the RTE canteen.

hahaha, thats gas. Your right and if Joe Duffy knew how much Whey protein sales contributes to jobs/revenue/tax in Ireland he might shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

TrueMass wrote: »
    hahaha, thats gas. Your right and if Joe Duffy knew how much Whey protein sales contributes to jobs/revenue/tax in Ireland he might shut up.

not for me , i buy it from England for half the price , 28 euros for big tub of USN 100% Whey its 65 in the rip-off republic

dario28 wrote: »
    not for me , i buy it from England for half the price , 28 euros for big tub of USN 100% Whey its 65 in the rip-off republic

Theres still a very high chance the Whey protein in the tub comes from Ireland or an Irish company. USN have to buy it from somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

anybody ever used superfit.co.uk??

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

Do you actually go over?
    Care to share the site? Pm if you don't want to post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

There is no website or shop in england selling USN for 28 euros

john_cappa wrote: »
    There is no website or shop in england selling USN for 28 euros

Yes there is.....why would I make that up, once ya buy 3 or more tubs ya get them for that price

Yes there is.....why would I make that up, once ya buy 3 or more tubs ya get them for that price

well do enlighten us so?

john_cappa wrote: »
    well do enlighten us so?

not until you learn some manners

• Advertisement

i have not been rude in the slightest

If it exists enlighten us

Advertisement