Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

A_m_y wrote: »
    Yeah i get that I should probably eat more food that will provide protein, but i find it quite hard, i don't like red meat, and like i said before don't really eat a lot of chicken or fish, maybe one serving daily.. I've been adding hemp to my cereal and stuff for years, and sneak nuts and seeds into everything, so i never really thought about it until i start training more.

I'll research a few and maybe consider drinking one after my long runs and weight sessions, anything to speed up recovery!!

By all means replace some meat with shakes if you really can't handle it but when you should be eating meat take casine instead of whey, it's a slow digesting protein source whereas whey is a fast digesting source.

Take casine as your last shake at night. this will provide you with long lasting proteins during sleep. You could also take it in the morning for the day ahead.
    I personally just take whey for pre and post workout shakes and casine at night/morning or if I absolutely have to skip a meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

connundrum wrote: »
    At the minute I'm using MRI Black Powder pre workout, and 2:1:1 Recovery post workout.

I take the black powder pre run on non workout days for the extra energy kick.

Would anyone suggest a better supplement plan as its near enough replenishment time.

Aims are: muscle definition/building, fat loss.

seriously consider here www.myprotein.co.uk

They have the same products for less money.

(Sorry but have to plug the aul discount code for 5% off first order MP162929. :D;) )

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/mp-formulas/recovery-xs-(1800g)/

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/mp-formulas/perform-xs-(776g)/

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/mp-formulas/pulse-(800g)/

Might or might not interest you.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

brianblaze wrote: »
    No. Shop online. MyProtein is where the value for money is at these days.

Second that :D
    MP rocks :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tony12345

Hi, Bought MP's Assualt have read great reviews on BB.com thats why i went for it, took 2 weeks to get it in though.

Have bought it from the states does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland where this can be bought??

Assualt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

tony12345 wrote: »
    Hi, Bought MP's Assualt have read great reviews on BB.com thats why i went for it, took 2 weeks to get it in though.

Have bought it from the states does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland where this can be bought??

Assualt.jpg

40,000mgs of powerful ingredients....

that is just brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

40,000mgs of powerful ingredients....

that is just brilliant

40,000,000,000 ng of RAW POWER!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Got ON 100% whey, double chocolate, best tasting protein shake ive ever had by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Brendygg wrote: »
    Got ON 100% whey, double chocolate, best tasting protein shake ive ever had by a mile.
    What did you try before?

I ordered 4 tubs of this last friday http://www.stcnutrition.co.uk/products.html I havent read any bad reviews about it. 4 x 2.25kg tubs of whey for £90 delivered is as good if not better than myprotein.

I'll report back when it gets delivered.

Esse85 wrote: »
    What did you try before?

myprotein impact blend strawberry and choc, ok
    that holland n barrett stuff strawberry, vbad
    USN cant remember name but twas choc too, not bad.
    and a friends eggs stuff dunno what make

not a big sample field I suppose really!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

What did you try before?

I've tasted **** loads of types and it's up there with my favourites too

myprotein impact blend strawberry and choc, ok
    that holland n barrett stuff strawberry, vbad
    USN cant remember name but twas choc too, not bad.
    and a friends eggs stuff dunno what make

not a big sample field I suppose really!
    True Whey from MP is awesome tastewise too.

Did you get a good deal on the ON whey? Its one brand I've never tried because its a very expensive brand.

Got it off the irish liftin site, its 52e delivered to the door. Thats a 5lb tub. Had 20e in credit for there so that was the main reason I got it there.

Got it off the irish liftin site, its 52e delivered to the door. Thats a 5lb tub. Had 20e in credit for there so that was the main reason I got it there.
    €52 for a 5lbs tub??

Thats shocking. I know you had the voucher in all but its a ridiculous price.

ya expensive alright, will have to research my next place of purchase a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

the ON stuff is a lot cheaper on BB.com and if you put in a big enough order, the shipping isnt bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

€52 for a 5lbs tub??

Thats shocking. I know you had the voucher in all but its a ridiculous price.

Still Cheaper then 5lb of fillet steak :D

I pay €100 for the 10lb bag of ON 100% Whey double Choc in the shop in West Morland St. 'tis a tad on the expensive side, but it tastes good with milk and water, mixes easily and the bag lasts about 5 weeks or so.

M

Almost impossible to bring in dairy from outside the EU without being charged customs and taxes etc...
    I would not advise anybody to order whey from the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Almost impossible to bring in dairy from outside the EU without being charged customs and taxes etc...
    I would not advise anybody to order whey from the USA.

ON get their whey from Glanbia afaik so its really just irish whey being repatriated.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

Hi,

I am looking to put on weight and build strength.
    I am currently 11st 6lbs. 5' 11".

What's the best protein shake to take? Have tried tony quinns Proform Casien but not sure how good that is?

Thanks

• Advertisement

ON get their whey from Glanbia afaik so its really just irish whey being repatriated.
    Its still being shipped from the USA if ordering from BB.com therefore your point is still invalid.

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,

What's the best protein shake to take? Have tried tony quinns Proform Casien but not sure how good that is?

Thanks
    Your better off with a weight gainer so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Guys is there anything out there similar to the isotonic drink from MyProtein? Used the sample I got after training this week and found it pretty good. Or could you make your own?

Guys is there anything out there similar to the isotonic drink from MyProtein? Used the sample I got after training this week and found it pretty good. Or could you make your own?
    Id imagine it would be fairly similiar to Lucozade Sport or Powerade.

You could add water, some sugar free cordial, glucose and some salt.

Id imagine it would be fairly similiar to Lucozade Sport or Powerade.

You could add water, some sugar free cordial, glucose and some salt.

Ill take another look at it and see. Just seems to be alot of stuff in it and its cheap. Cheers Esse

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭mindaugelis

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

universal nutrition gain fast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mectavba

Hi,

I've been trying to register online with myprotein.co.uk but it wants a postcode from me. Living in the Republic, what do you do??

mectavba wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been trying to register online with myprotein.co.uk but it wants a postcode from me. Living in the Republic, what do you do??

Drop them an email. They had me set up in a few minutes after I sent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 faceoff2k9

any one sellin Xenadrine NRG .... limerick area

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

in before G'em...............:P

Advertisement