Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I'm on the mobile and thus superpowerless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

I take it this stuff ain't legit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I cant find anything relating to the sale of it in ireland. But im pretty sure it is...anyways boards isnt the place to be asking for this....

Im going to take faceoff2k9's internet away

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Can someone tell me what's wrong / right with this product? Everyone seems to think this thread is doomed. Just looks like some energy product to me. There was an ephedra version, but that's not what the OP referenced.
    g'em wrote: »
    I'm on the mobile and thus superpowerless :(

You have an iPhone, right? Just scroll to the bottom and select "Full version" to enable your superpowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

universal nutrition gain fast :)

is this good?
    I want to build muscle as well as weight?
    What is the proform casein best for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭mindaugelis

K09 wrote: »
    is this good?
    I want to build muscle as well as weight?
    What is the proform casein best for?

casein is good for fat loss, but you need more calories so casein will not help you.
    You can:
    1 Buy bigger spoon :)
    2 Buy weight gainer (gain fast)

casein is good for fat loss, but you need more calories so casein will not help you.

I thought casein at night was good for gaining.

Khannie wrote: »
    I thought casein at night was good for gaining.

not then weight is 11st. :) i am using casein before bed, but my weight is around 20st

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I've had a long habit of eating an hour before working out on my days off and on work days a coffee and something sweet on the way to the gym on workdays.

I was thinking of starting to drink an aul shake on the way to the gym, mainly because on work days I'm home from the gym at around 10 and don't want to eat much before hitting the sack. I usually have some whey and a light meal after the gym.

What does everyone drink for a pre workout shake? I have a very little whey left, so I am going to purchase some stuff from myprotein.co.uk anyway, any ideas would be appreciated.

For that matter, I was thinking of getting some whey from myprotein, whats the best to get?

I was thinking of this:

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-supplies/flavoured-protein/impact-blend/

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mark_09

Does stackin mean takin both together or could someone let me no??

stack Norateen II with Norateen Heavyweight II.

• Advertisement

I think stacking is something you do with steroids, not supplements.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭COH

Norateen/norateen heavyweight II are a complete waste of time... stack food with milk instead and I'll guarantee you'll see better results.

Or spend your cash on protein/creatine instead if you're not already.

Anything apart from that crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I think he means this kind of stacking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Yes it means taking both together.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mark_09

the dosage for them is Take 2 tablets, 3 times a day
    so i then take 4 tablets, 3 times a day?
    that correct sorry now for been stupid now:confused:

I've had a long habit of eating an hour before working out on my days off and on work days a coffee and something sweet on the way to the gym on workdays.

I was thinking of starting to drink an aul shake on the way to the gym, mainly because on work days I'm home from the gym at around 10 and don't want to eat much before hitting the sack. I usually have some whey and a light meal after the gym.

What does everyone drink for a pre workout shake? I have a very little whey left, so I am going to purchase some stuff from myprotein.co.uk anyway, any ideas would be appreciated.

For that matter, I was thinking of getting some whey from myprotein, whats the best to get?

I was thinking of this:

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-supplies/flavoured-protein/impact-blend/

strom or shock therapy, better storm+ shock :) for pre workout

strom or shock therapy, better storm+ shock :) for pre workout

I was thinking more along the lines of whey+BCAA+something. I am only going to buy whey, glutamine and BCAA to be honest. Couldn't be bothered with carb loaded supplements, I'm tubby enough as it is.

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Don't heed him brian he's just shilling his own products from the looks of things. A shake beforehand is fine, what you put into it is up to you really. Wouldn't mind experiementing with glutamine before training and after myself to see if it would reduce doms/assist recovery. Personally I buy whey isolate cause concentrate makes me bloated but if you don't have that problem try one of the concentrates, they'll be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

This thread (about stacking) is the thread of the day. This has just confirmed that this accolade is given on a purely random basis.

Moved to supplements.

I was thinking more along the lines of whey+BCAA+something. I am only going to buy whey, glutamine and BCAA to be honest. Couldn't be bothered with carb loaded supplements, I'm tubby enough as it is.

i am using them to increase energy level, bcaa for me goes as post workout or workout shake.

P.S. storm is creatin, shock energy booster... you can use bsn cell mass and un horse power

• Advertisement

Don't heed him brian he's just shilling his own products from the looks of things. A shake beforehand is fine, what you put into it is up to you really. Wouldn't mind experiementing with glutamine before training and after myself to see if it would reduce doms/assist recovery. Personally I buy whey isolate cause concentrate makes me bloated but if you don't have that problem try one of the concentrates, they'll be cheaper.

Cheers. I've never tried whey concentrate myself, I have only ever had isolate.

I was just wondering what people put in their shakes really. I am going to try whey+BCAA+glutamine pre workout and the same post workout with some simple carbs such as dextrose added.

Its just a matter of which whey now to be honest, I am going to buy from myprotein because they seem to be the cheapest.

they/them/theirs

i am using them to increase energy level, bcaa for me goes as post workout or workout shake.

P.S. storm is creatin, shock energy booster... you can use bsn cell mass and un horse power

Creatine has little or no effect on me, unfortunatly. I've tried it 3 times and got nothing out of it.

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Cheers. I've never tried whey concentrate myself, I have only ever had isolate.

I was just wondering what people put in their shakes really. I am going to try whey+BCAA+glutamine pre workout and the same post workout with some simple carbs such as dextrose added.

Its just a matter of which whey now to be honest, I am going to buy from myprotein because they seem to be the cheapest.

Well in that case, I just use whey isolate and glutamine atm, never had bcaa's before. Sometimes I add glucose after training but lately I just mix it with milk, which also adds carbs although obviously not as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Creatine has little or no effect on me, unfortunatly. I've tried it 3 times and got nothing out of it.
    What type of creatine have you tried?

Some may respond to one type and not to others, just gotta find out what works best for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Know someone who can get it ordered in. I just heard its a bit ropey but I know people who swear by it.

anyone got any opinions?

As far as I know it's banned here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

As far as i know he's right!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

I wouldnt waste my money on it. The effects wear off the more you use it as you build up a tolerance to it.

Why would something that stops you from exploding be banned? Surely it could be of great use to the bomb disposal squad.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I know its banned. I know someone who can get it. But I was only tempted to get it. Not gonna bother

Advertisement