Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

anyone ever tried a testosterone booster? How do you take them like with creatine or what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

I recently joined the gym with the aim of toning up and keeping fit, at the same time I have looked to reduce my carbs intake and increase my protein intake.

I have got some ON protein whey, just wondering does it make a difference if I mix it with milk or water?

At the moment I put in two scoops with 400ml of milk after I have been to the gym. Does this sound ok?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

LFC5Times wrote: »
    I recently joined the gym with the aim of toning up and keeping fit, at the same time I have looked to reduce my carbs intake and increase my protein intake.

I have got some ON protein whey, just wondering does it make a difference if I mix it with milk or water?

At the moment I put in two scoops with 400ml of milk after I have been to the gym. Does this sound ok?

Cheers

how are ya.
    best thing to do with whey protein after training is to have it with water for quick absorption into the body as your muscles need to be replenished with glycogen after your workout and the protein in they whey will help your muscles reover.

you should take it with milk before bed for a slower release of protein into the body while you sleep to stave off the effects of catabolism from not eating for 7-9 hours at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Keyser Söze

Hello,

Trying to decide between these two whey proteins http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1998&prodid=2184 and http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=100&prodid=563
    don't really know much about them what would anyone hear recommend or would it be something completely different.
    Thanks in advance.

edit: or this http://www.fitnessireland.ie/nutrition-x-big-whey.html so confused

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Hello,

Trying to decide between these two whey proteins http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1998&prodid=2184 and http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=100&prodid=563
    don't really know much about them what would anyone hear recommend or would it be something completely different.
    Thanks in advance.

edit: or this http://www.fitnessireland.ie/nutrition-x-big-whey.html so confused

Hi Keyser, from your 3 options I would suggest the nutrition x big whey it mixes easy and tastes nice and fitness ireland are doin a great deal at the moment 12lbs for 70quid.

The body fortress is poor so stay away from that, the USN seems good 25g of protein per serving but its gonna cost 30quid for a 2lbs tub, so you do the maths in comparison to the big whey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

curadh wrote: »
    anyone ever tried a testosterone booster? How do you take them like with creatine or what.

How is your diet and training looking? far more important than any test booster!

Test boosters will have little to no effect regardless. Get diet and training nailed. Post up your current diet, stats, goals etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PeterMc9

Afternoon all,

Can anyone recommend a quality multivitamin? I'm getting a few things from iHerb and was hoping to stock up on smoe new multi's also.

Cheers,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

PeterMc9 wrote: »
    Afternoon all,

Can anyone recommend a quality multivitamin? I'm getting a few things from iHerb and was hoping to stock up on smoe new multi's also.

Cheers,
    P.

seven seas - multibionta Get it in boots 3 for 2
    http://www.seven-seas.com/products/multibionta

Vitabiotics range (immunace, wellman etc) Also 3 for 2 in boots
    http://www.vitabiotics.com/Wellman/

any 1 know where in dublin you can buy body fortress whey protein and which shop is cheapest

holland and barrett, its expensive and pretty ****

39 euro for 900g or when its on half price offer its 19.98 for 900g

thats a rip off.

my protein.co.uk, or order brand stuff from the uk is your best bet.

Or buy in bulk from an irish site but that will still be pretty rough on the aul pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

I've been using Kinetica whey, pretty good, flavour is fine.
    Think it was 35 quid in Raw gym for 5lb's. It's done me for nearly 2 months.
    Vitamin shop in the Moore Street mall has a good selection of proteins if you're about northside in Dublin.

• Advertisement

PauloConn wrote: »
    Vitamin shop in the Moore Street mall has a good selection of proteins if you're about northside in Dublin.

35 for 5lbs is cheap for that brand!! , they sell it themselves for about 55 quid, so thats a good find.

http://www.kinetica-sports.com/engine/shop/product/2304/Whey+Protein+2.27kg

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

H&B is overpriced - even when its at half price. be warned those tubs are only half full.
    I use my protein.co.uk bulk unflavoured - add the flavour separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mijas

I also use Whey Protein Isolate from myprotein.co.uk, they are really good on price even including postage and its good quality with no additives, sweeteners etc, if you get the plain one.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

have to say I've had bad luck with their isolate. tried it twice. found it didn't taste so good, mixed poorly, etc.
    I can recommend the ordinary ceaper whey though.

true whey is tasty, good quality and very good value.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/protein-supplements/true-whey-(5lb)/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

lads, supplement thread at the top of the page, just sayin.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    35 for 5lbs is cheap for that brand!! , they sell it themselves for about 55 quid, so thats a good find.

http://www.kinetica-sports.com/engine/shop/product/2304/Whey+Protein+2.27kg

and all ingredients sourced in Ireland, by an Irish company based in Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 De_La_Jim

Hey,been hitting the gym maybe 3 or 4 times a week recentley due to being over weight,I do a mix of cardio there and also quite a bit of weights,I was considering taking creatine to speed up the growth of my muscles but am
    kind of wary that I might end up putting more weight on,could anyone
    school me this and maybe give me some suggestions if I was to start taking it???thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Hey,been hitting the gym maybe 3 or 4 times a week recentley due to being over weight,I do a mix of cardio there and also quite a bit of weights,I was considering taking creatine to speed up the growth of my muscles but am
    school me on this and maybe give me some suggestions if I was to start taking it???thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

De_La_Jim wrote: »
    school me on this and maybe give me some suggestions if I was to start taking it???thanks in advance

Creatine Monohydrate can cause you to hold water, creatine ethyl ester is supposed to cause less water retention. I can only assume that your dieting if your trying to loose weight which makes it difficult (some say impossible) to build muscle (as you need more than maintenance calories to build muscle).
    I don't see creatine being of any benefit to you at all to be honest, you generally gain weight on creatine, not loose it
    i want to aid the growth of my muscle without putting on extra weight,any ideas???

Thats not possible, muscle is a good bit heavier than fat so if you were to gain a good bit of muscle you would have to drop alot of fat just to stay the same weight

Feck that so,thanks appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

colly10 wrote: »
    you generally gain weight on creatine, not loose it
    True, but I really couldn't give a damn what my weight is, and many people do not, they just are equating weight with fat which is not very sensible, especially if you are weight training.

I took creatine when trying to lose FAT, and believe it did help me. If you had 2 twins trying to lose fat and if they one went on creatine he might gain water in his muscles which would increase his gravitational pull, but who gives a damn, just more resistance for your chinups ;) Then if the creatine twin stopped taking it after say a year he might have progressed more than the other twin, so now he looses the water weight due to creatine and is probably in better shape than the other twin.

I should have worded it properly,I'm looking to lose fat rather then weight in general and I suppose generaly I just kind of want to tone up and put muscle on so I can lose the gut that's on me now,so do you reckon creatine would still be a bad idea if so???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

so do you reckon creatine would still be a bad idea if so???
    It is not essential by any means, I do not think it would do any harm, but first things first are your diet and workouts, if they are not up to scratch the creatine is going to make feck all difference.
    I do a mix of cardio there and also quite a bit of weights
    What are you doing exactly? you might want to start a new thread looking for advice outside of this.

Sorry for the typo, that 55 quid. If i could get that for 35, i'd be selling it LOL
    But it's a really good one, i've had no problems with it and have been making super shakes and cooking with it as well.

Sorry for the typo, that 55 quid. If i could get that for 35, i'd be selling it LOL
    But it's a really good one, i've had no problems with it and have been making super shakes and cooking with it as well.

thought so, 55 for 5lbs of whey is a bit of a rip off. some uk sites are doing brand stuff for £21.99 for 5lbs

you should shop around.

rubadub wrote: »
    It is not essential by any means, I do not think it would do any harm, but first things first are your diet and workouts, if they are not up to scratch the creatine is going to make feck all difference.

What are you doing exactly? you might want to start a new thread looking for advice outside of this.

Ya I've tried to but I was linked back to this thread,I work out in my own home gym,I do an hour workout,I run 2km on the treadmill,I do 2x5 mins sets on a rowing machine on an average weights setting,and then do 5 sets on a weights Machine doing (sorry for the bad lingo not too sure who to phrase it) 10 pull Downs each set on a weight I feel I gain most in,then do 8 press outs and then 10 thuingys where I place my arm around to bars and pull towards my chest,and then finally roughly 40 sit ups,I do this 4 times a week

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    thought so, 55 for 5lbs of whey is a bit of a rip off. some uk sites are doing brand stuff for £21.99 for 5lbs

you should shop around.

Cheers Darcha,
    Any sites you'd recommend. Nearly at the end of this tub o'whey.
    At the same time, its good to support irish jobs and products.
    Buy Irish.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Cheers Darcha,
    Any sites you'd recommend. Nearly at the end of this tub o'whey.
    At the same time, its good to support irish jobs and products.
    Buy Irish.....
    http://www.stcnutrition.co.uk/products.html

Advertisement