Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

PauloConn wrote: »
    Cheers Darcha,
    Any sites you'd recommend. Nearly at the end of this tub o'whey.
    At the same time, its good to support irish jobs and products.
    Buy Irish.....

Supporting Irish jobs can also be applied to Nutrition X, Maximuscle and ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

PauloConn wrote: »
    Cheers Darcha,
    Any sites you'd recommend. Nearly at the end of this tub o'whey.
    At the same time, its good to support irish jobs and products.
    Buy Irish.....

www.reflex-nutrition.ie

Instant whey. Choc mint. Tastes a bit stronger(mint wise) than myprotein true whey, but its nice. and its only 39.99 for 5lbs

(hpnutrition owns this site)

OR

http://www.discountsupplements.ie/

Never used these but they look ok.

Havent ordered from irish supplier in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

The local gym offers special promotion on Weider Super Mega Mass 2000 - Chocolate (5kg)
    I think i'ts 45 euro for 5 kgs bag.

gym - http://www.westpark.ie/

Ps I'm not affiliated in any way with Westpark Fitness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I just received my STC Nutrition stuff today and it was only paid for 2 days ago!

edit- WOW the strawberry flavour tastes absolutely incredible, i'll probably be drinking the stuff just cause it tastes so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

n1ck wrote: »
    I just received my STC Nutrition stuff today and it was only paid for 2 days ago!

edit- WOW the strawberry flavour tastes absolutely incredible, i'll probably be drinking the stuff just cause it tastes so good.
    Its simply the nicest shake I've ever tasted by a mile. Toffee is amazing too.

Nick: I cant stop myself from drinking it, i got 4 different flavours and I mix and match and come up with all sorts. Lovely crisp after taste too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

How much is shipping to Ireland(Dublin) off of myprotein.co.uk? Ta lads

On there site theres loads of couriers some without prices so thought it would be easier to ask here.

Shane101 wrote: »
    How much is shipping to Ireland(Dublin) off of myprotein.co.uk? Ta lads

On there site theres loads of couriers some without prices so thought it would be easier to ask here.

DPD £3.95. Order on monday and will be there wednesday lunch time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    DPD £3.95. Order on monday and will be there wednesday lunch time.

Could have sworn it was £4.95 actually - have they reduced it recently??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Toes

Lads, is there a way around having to enter a post code when you register an account with myprotein?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

MP charge

00-26kg - £06.95
    26-49kg - £13.90
    50-79kg - £20.85
    80-104kg-£27.80

Over 104kg one needs to contact them for shipping quotes.

NI Rates see below for EIRE rates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

Toes wrote: »
    Lads, is there a way around having to enter a post code when you register an account with myprotein?

Cheers!

use the 0000 code. works everytime

Could have sworn it was £4.95 actually - have they reduced it recently??

sorry typo, it is 4.95 to ireland

FROM THE SITE:
    Your Shipping Options

The total weight of your order is 5kg. Please select your preferred shipping method:
    £4.95 via DPD International (Zone 51). Sent via DPD (Interlink Express) International service for European deliveries. Your order will be usually delivered within 2-4 working days. A signature is required on delivery. You are fully insured for lost goods with this service & you can track the parcel

The Guvnor wrote: »
    MP charge

00-26kg - £06.95
    26-49kg - £13.90
    50-79kg - £20.85
    80-104kg-£27.80

Over 104kg one needs to contact them for shipping quotes.

its £4.95 up to 26kg
    and its £9.90 26-49kg

see from site for 30kg package its £9.90

Your Shipping Options

The total weight of your order is 30kg. Please select your preferred shipping method:
    £9.90 via DPD International (Zone 51). Sent via DPD (Interlink Express) International service for European deliveries. Your order will be usually delivered within 2-4 working days. A signature is required on delivery. You are fully insured for lost goods with this service & you can track the parcel.

Fair point mate. I worked it out based on N. Ireland.

So for Ireland:

00-26kg - £04.95
    26-52kg - £09.90
    52-78kg - £14.85
    78kg+ call office for rates.

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Fair point mate. I worked it out based on N. Ireland.

So for Ireland:

00-26kg - £04.95
    26-52kg - £09.90
    52-78kg - £14.85
    78kg+ call office for rates.

no way, i thought N ireland would have been cheaper haha.

Well theres one benefit of living in rep of ireland, probably the only one ha

Shipping makes no sense.

The CO's in the UK can get better rates with some of the couriers mentioned to ship to Ireland than a CO in Ireland can!

N. Ireland is really penalised for some reason.

The shipping rates above are not too bad, a gripe would be that price increases with order size - I would have expected a flat rate irrespective of the order size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 FeetMagicII

Hi all,
    I'm looking to get into a cycle of regular training over the next few months. Lately I've been going to the gym 2-3 times a week and taking whey after training. But I want to improve my supplement intake to balance the increased training I plan to do. Basically, I'm 5'11'' and of regular build with some excess fat. I want to buy a protein supplement and a weight loss powder/tablets. Hoping for some suggestions as to what my best options are and which products are the best.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Got my new hinari blender off amazon, I broke my last one which was from dunnes called a "magic bullet" after I tried liquidising tough meat. This hinari one seems better quality, the sealing gaskets seem harder silicone -the last ones were like rubber bands and snapped but are not really needed. Also all my old bits fit this new one so I have loads of containers, I could have bought a replacement bit that broke but got the whole lot incase something else breaks, it only cost a bit more for the whole thing.

£2.50 off on amazon at the moment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hinari-MB280-Genie-Multi-Attachment-Blender/dp/B000GG4MCU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1273139995&sr=8-1

You would need to buy a small item like a cheap cd to push it over £25 for the free delivery.

Perfect for frothy protein shakes, you put ice in with the liquid & whey and it crushes it up nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You can get that blender in dunnes too atm, its pretty good I got it off Amazon myself a while ago. Its started to sound like its straining a bit when I start it lately though, going to have to keep an eye on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its started to sound like its straining a bit when I start it lately though, going to have to keep an eye on it...
    Yeah, I would not do anything heavy in mine anymore, like meat. Great for mixing pancake mixture & smoothies, I must check the power rating on my 2 base units to see if the new one is more powerful. On the bottom of the blade attachment there is a rubber device with 4 wedges which connect with the base unit, it is these rubber wedges which wore off my old one. I am now thinking it might be safer to insert the top onto the base and then turn it on, otherwise the base part might start spinning before it is fully locked into the wedges and wear them off gradually from the top down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Reflex creapure 500g

Im looking to pick up the above at a reasonable price with decent shipping rates in either ireland or the uk, any help greatly appreciated!! And if anyone has gotten some decent results from some of the bulk supplement places like bulkpowder.co,uk for eg let me know, im lookin for creatine monohydrate obviously

newby.204 wrote: »
    Reflex creapure 500g

Im looking to pick up the above at a reasonable price with decent shipping rates in either ireland or the uk, any help greatly appreciated!! And if anyone has gotten some decent results from some of the bulk supplement places like bulkpowder.co,uk for eg let me know, im lookin for creatine monohydrate obviously

reflex is €22.50 plus €7 postage. and they take ages to deliver, took 3 days for my last order so i stopped using them.

THATS 29.50 FOR 500G

http://www.reflex-nutrition.ie/

500G for about €12.50(rough estimate in my head) and about €4-€5 for postage, arives in 2 days.

ABOUT €17 FOR 500G

A KILO IS £22.10 OF THE SAME STUFF AS THE REFLEX ONE.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/creatine/

Its a no brainer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kayleeabc

thank you for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Anyone try Nutrisport whey isolate (Strawbery flavor) and like it?
    If so, would you recommend a similar tasting whey?

http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/Shopping/PdNutriSport-Whey.asp

It's the first whey I've ever used. I know there are less expensive brands out there and maybe better but, taste is important to me I'm not a dairy fan I hate the taste of dairy and I wouldn't like to buy another bucket and not like it because of a milky taste.

I mix mine with water.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bszakala

hi this come form usa and taste nice, you can mix with milk juice almost everythink, and i really like it.
    Regards
    bszakala

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

are these a good substitue for cretine powder.
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=48&prodid=428

the smell of the shake when made nearly makes me vomit

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

I'd imagine it's the very same stuff inside dude!

• Advertisement

are these a good substitue for cretine powder.
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=48&prodid=428

the smell of the shake when made nearly makes me vomit

smell from creatine? or you protein shake?

to my knowledge creatine has no taste or smell.

Advertisement