Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

barryd09 wrote: »
    just started taking ZMA two days ago and i havent had a decent sleep on it yet,no crazy dreams either.
    im usually a good sleeper,7-8 hours usually,often up to 10 or 12 but last night i slept for a rubbish 5 hours and tonight,fell asleep for an hour and now am wide awake.
    has anyone else had this happen to them?i really just want to sleep normally again....should i ditch it?or is this a "settling in period" of some sort?
    reading some reviews online it would appear that ZMA promotes a healthy deep sleep,for most people....
    what pisses me off most is the fact you need to take it on an empty stomach,im a BIG fan of a big bowl of porridge with milk pre-bedtime but the calcium inhibits the benefits of the ZMA....

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Then why bother with ZMA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Esse85 wrote: »
    Then why bother with ZMA

good point actually.going to knock it on the head now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

Haven't bought any supplements in ages, but I'm looking to buy some plain, good quality creatine (German stuff)

Just looking for the cheapest place really - any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

just started taking ZMA two days ago and i havent had a decent sleep on it yet,no crazy dreams either.
    im usually a good sleeper,7-8 hours usually,often up to 10 or 12 but last night i slept for a rubbish 5 hours and tonight,fell asleep for an hour and now am wide awake.
    has anyone else had this happen to them?i really just want to sleep normally again....should i ditch it?or is this a "settling in period" of some sort?
    reading some reviews online it would appear that ZMA promotes a healthy deep sleep,for most people....
    what pisses me off most is the fact you need to take it on an empty stomach,im a BIG fan of a big bowl of porridge with milk pre-bedtime but the calcium inhibits the benefits of the ZMA....

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard various arguments for and against. I most definitely noticed a difference in my sleep patterns. I usually have fitfull and restless sleep, but ever since I started on Maximuscle ZMA I've noticed a definite improvement. I also downloaded the sleep cycle app. for the iPhone and noticed a huge difference in the stats on days where I took ZMA and days where I didn't.

Only had vivid dreams once or twice but noticed a definite increase in the "promotion of the male hormonal environment" that morning too ;).

BigDuffman wrote: »
    I've heard various arguments for and against. I most definitely noticed a difference in my sleep patterns. I usually have fitfull and restless sleep, but ever since I started on Maximuscle ZMA I've noticed a definite improvement. I also downloaded the sleep cycle app. for the iPhone and noticed a huge difference in the stats on days where I took ZMA and days where I didn't.

Only had vivid dreams once or twice but noticed a definite increase in the "promotion of the male hormonal environment" that morning too ;).

so ZMA just isnt for me then i take it.
    is it really neccessary to take it before bed?could it be taken during the day?

• Advertisement

what are peoples intake of fish oils?

im currently taking a 1000mg fish oil capsule twice a day,once in the morning and once in the evening.are there suggested times to take them or am i ok at that?plus is 2000mg of omega 3 a day enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

mp just emailed me about a muscle bulding stack they are having on special offer seems like a very good deal check it out its the only stack they ahve i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

so ZMA just isnt for me then i take it.
    is it really neccessary to take it before bed?could it be taken during the day?

Everyone is different I suppose, but maybe try a different brand. I take mine about 45 mins before I go to sleep and avoid calcium up to an hour before bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Does any one have a working 5% code for myprotein.co.uk?

Thanks,Apip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

MP132732

That's mine, should work. Have you ordered from them before?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Cheers brianthebard,
    I've not ordered before, but the 5% code I had was expired.
    Ordered now, thanks,
    Apip

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Apip99 wrote: »
    Cheers brianthebard,
    I've not ordered before, but the 5% code I had was expired.
    It is only valid on first orders. They are supposed to check if people are trying scams, like a second CC or something. Only way around it would be getting a mate or family to order on your behalf, new account, new CC.

There are also lots of spoofers saying they have a 10% off code, claiming to be staff etc, but they are all just 5% and it is just a scam to get you to use theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MisterCadbury

Anyone recommend which one I should choose?
    The p90 stuff has alot of extra caesin but 4 scoops in one shake is alot.Unless the scoop is small enough.

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=12725

or

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=4032

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

podge57 wrote: »
    Haven't bought any supplements in ages, but I'm looking to buy some plain, good quality creatine (German stuff)

Just looking for the cheapest place really - any ideas?

www.myprotein.co.uk

about £22 for a kilo of the stuff

if you want disocunt code let me know and will pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Starting back at the gym tomorrow. I'm looking to lose a bit and tone up so I've bought USN Pure Protein IGF-1 to help out (used it in the past). There was a deal where a small bottle of USN Xedra-Cut Extreme was thrown in for free. Not sure about it but I took it anyway as it was free. Does anyone know wat the story is with Xedra-Cut?

According to the bottle, you take 2-4 pills in the morning and then again before training 5 days a week and have 2 off days. Apparently it aids fat loss and apparently is good with the protein shake I bought. Don't know if I'm going to take this so I thought I'd ask first.

Is it a supplement? ie, can I eat normally or is this supposed to be instead of eating certain meals? If so, I won't touch it.

Cheers in advance,

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Starting back at the gym tomorrow. I'm looking to lose a bit and tone up so I've bought USN Pure Protein IGF-1 to help out (used it in the past). There was a deal where a small bottle of USN Xedra-Cut Extreme was thrown in for free. Not sure about it but I took it anyway as it was free. Does anyone know wat the story is with Xedra-Cut?

According to the bottle, you take 2-4 pills in the morning and then again before training 5 days a week and have 2 off days. Apparently it aids fat loss and apparently is good with the protein shake I bought. Don't know if I'm going to take this so I thought I'd ask first.

Is it a supplement? ie, can I eat normally or is this supposed to be instead of eating certain meals? If so, I won't touch it.

Cheers in advance,

its a thermogenic fat burner, aids fat loss when used with a good diet and training regime.

it is not a meal replacement. Go to Google and look it up, then make a decision if you want to take it. Its just like any other fat burner might or might not work for you, everyone is different.

You can eat normally(not sure what normal is to you though)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dromdrom

Quick question , am just finishing up my current supply of NutX stuff and might be going for the Impact Protein on myprotein.co.uk , just wondering can anyone give me the low down on the quality and taste? Don't want to buy a 10kg bag and realise that it tastes rank.

dromdrom wrote: »
    Quick question , am just finishing up my current supply of NutX stuff and might be going for the Impact Protein on myprotein.co.uk , just wondering can anyone give me the low down on the quality and taste? Don't want to buy a 10kg bag and realise that it tastes rank.
    Quality Id imagine is top notch, not sure about the taste.

Why not buy a 5kg bag, there reduced to £35 when you use the price matcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

shuffles03 wrote: »

Cheers in advance,

In addition to what Darcha said you should probably check the ingredients and see what's in it, some of them are full or caffeine or other energy boosters and could have you up til all hours if you take them late in the day.
    Also if you do want to use it you probably won't get any benefit (apart from a possible energy boost) unless your diet is already geared to weight loss and you've been loosing weight already.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dromdrom

Esse85 wrote: »
    Quality Id imagine is top notch, not sure about the taste.

Why not buy a 5kg bag, there reduced to £35 when you use the price matcher.

10kg bag is about £46, suppose i'll just take a chance and go for the chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mark_09

Im just looking for GOOD SUPPLEMENT and was looking at halo to help me. Iv heard good and bad reviews on this product so has anyone used this product and if so what did they think of it and what were their gains like, or any ideas on other products.

Mark_09 wrote: »
    Im just looking for GOOD SUPPLEMENT and was looking at halo to help me. Iv heard good and bad reviews on this product so has anyone used this product and if so what did they think of it and what were their gains like, or any ideas on other products.

help you in what way, what you trying to acheive, noone can suggest or help you out from the info in your post mate

10kg bag is about £46, suppose i'll just take a chance and go for the chocolate.
    10kg for £46???

Can you show me a link for that as I will buy some if this is the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 gomaith2010

Has anyone any stories of their experience taking them after training?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

suppose i'll just take a chance and go for the chocolate.
    If you are worried about taste I would get the unflavoured stuff. I like to able to add unflavoured to other goods, also I like to be able to flavour to my liking, e.g. some days I want it stronger or weaker than others. I would hate the thought of being lumbered with a load of stuff I didn't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭alfy101

just picked this up the weekend.

after trying other creatines and having issues with cramps on them this is meant to be bit more easy on the gut.

Anywho, just looking to see did anyone on here use it and how they got on

good / bad effects ?

Thanks AL

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭carl456

alfy101 wrote: »
    just picked this up the weekend.

after trying other creatines and having issues with cramps on them this is meant to be bit more easy on the gut.

Anywho, just looking to see did anyone on here use it and how they got on

good / bad effects ?

Thanks AL

Never tried it myself, i always steer clear of most of those types of creatines. You'd be just as well off with some basic monohydrate, 21euro for 1kg from bulkpowders,co.uk, at 5grams a day thats 200 days as opposed to the length of time you'll get from cellmass, and i'm guessing you paid more than 20 quid for it??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 philipm1988

on the label of the shake i drink it says 3 times daily....is this only on days i work out or should i drink it on days i dont work out as well....also my protein intake isnt that high

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

if you're protein intake isn't that high, then a whey protein supplement three times a day mightnt be a bad idea.

Id suggest having one with water in the morning with breakfast.
    One with water straight after a workout
    one with milk before bed.

On non-workout days, you could keep the order the same and maybe have the other shake with dinner.

Normally, if your protein intake from meat, chicken, fish, milk, nuts etc was high enough, 1 or two shakes would suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

on the label of the shake i drink it says 3 times daily....is this only on days i work out or should i drink it on days i dont work out as well....also my protein intake isnt that high

Well if you're trying to bulk up and you have a low protein diet you're sort of shooting yourself in the foot.

I only ever have one shake per day (immediately after workout, and on the morning after my workout) but I have a high protein diet.

Here's a really simple yet tasty high protein meal:

Can of wild Alaskan salmon (least mercury of all Salmon)
    Quinoa boiled for 10 mins (use a rice portion)
    Can of kidney beans microwaved for 2 mins

Mix them all and eat. Very tasty and about 50 - 60g of protein.

Restrict it to two or three times a week to avoid any mercury trouble. Works great as a post-workout meal.

Advertisement