Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

Devil08 wrote: »
    high reps for toning...low reps for strength...medium reps i.e 8-10 for building muscle

5-8 reps - strength
    8-10 reps - build
    10-16 reps - tone

you do maximum reps to build muscle as the more reps you do the more you tear your muscle..........if you like i can give links/videos of ronnie coleman and other famous bodybuilders agreeing with me........

electric69 wrote: »
    Well stop the press!!

I always knew Ronnie Coleman and Arnie were full of it....either that or your wrong....:confused::confused::confused:

if you watch ronnie colemans training videos he mentions several times......maximum weight maximum reps............

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

denballs wrote: »
    if you watch ronnie colemans training videos he mentions several times......maximum weight maximum reps............

Exactly...MAXIMUM weight

If you are doing your 1rm x16 your not doing it right.

low reps for building

high reps for endurance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

you do maximum reps to build muscle as the more reps you do the more you tear your muscle..........if you like i can give links/videos of ronnie coleman and other famous bodybuilders agreeing with me........

never heard more crap in all my life - you wont 'tear' any muscles by doing 15 reps or whatever you deem to be high rep as you are not putting pressure on your muscles to lift the weight. quote here below which sums it up - anyone else, stop talking bull****t

The amount of reps you perform in your weight lifting sets will dictate what type of results you get from your training. Doing a low amount of reps is the most effective way to build muscle, period. Higher rep ranges won't stimulate your muscles as well for muscle growth, and are more suited to gain muscle endurance with only a little bit of muscle gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

I thought this was the supplement section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Esse85 wrote: »
    I thought this was the supplement section.

+1 to what Esse85 said.

This thread is supposed to be for the discussion supplements and supplementation. Please let's bring it back on topic.

Best Regards,

M

B-Builder wrote: »
    +1 to what Esse85 said.

This thread is supposed to be for the discussion supplements and supplementation. Please let's bring it back on topic.

Best Regards,

M

anyone tried CR2 caps???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

anyone tried CR2 caps???

Im not sure what creatine di-phosphate is, but if i was you id stick with a cheaper monohydrate. Any product with creapure is usually grand.

erm i dunno about if referring to other sites is against the rules but ive seen loads of people posting links so i guess its ok to say........why are you guys talking about this here..........we all know how many flabby and scrawny self proclaimed body building scientists there is out there..............im not gona use somthing because some guy on a forum says it worked fo him.....i go on statistics and facts.............

http://www.bodybuilding.com/

that website covers everything and i mean everything........you can have stuff shipped to ireland from its supp store.there are articles with pro,s like ronnie coleman......a forum were you can occasionally see some of the most famous athletes in the world on.........

erm i dunno about if referring to other sites is against the rules but ive seen loads of people posting links so i guess its ok to say........why are you guys talking about this here..........we all know how many flabby and scrawny self proclaimed body building scientists there is out there..............im not gona use somthing because some guy on a forum says it worked fo him.....i go on statistics and facts.............

http://www.bodybuilding.com/

that website covers everything and i mean everything........you can have stuff shipped to ireland from its supp store.there are articles with pro,s like ronnie coleman......a forum were you can occasionally see some of the most famous athletes in the world on.........

well if ronnie coleman approves it it must be good! everybody is different, some supplements work great for some and **** for others..you cant rely on anything anybody says...its good to get other people opinions here though..take from it what you want..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Jaysus. What a load of nonsense. I don't want any more ridiculous off topic rubbish in this thread or I'm gonna start getting proper cranky. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dromdrom

FYI NutX coconut tastes rank.

dromdrom wrote: »
    FYI NutX coconut tastes rank.

you know why?? because its coconut flavour....

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

:rolleyes: LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dromdrom

you know why?? because its coconut flavour....

I know I know , was getting board of chocolate flavour and I quite like bounties...

dromdrom wrote: »
    I know I know , was getting board of chocolate flavour and I quite like bounties...

haha choc mint is great - try it next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Afternoon all,

I got a small pouch of Creatine Monohydrate on last order from myprotein.co.uk on last order of protein shake. I need to order some more soon, but confused between Creatine Monohydrate and Creapure Creatine Monohydrate :confused:

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/creatine_monohydrate

[URL="hhttp://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/creapure"]hhttp://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/creapure[/URL]

Can some one please enlighten me.

And is the the best price and quality?

Thanks,

Apip99 wrote: »
    Afternoon all,

I got a small pouch of Creatine Monohydrate on last order from myprotein.co.uk on last order of protein shake. I need to order some more soon, but confused between Creatine Monohydrate and Creapure Creatine Monohydrate :confused:

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/creatine_monohydrate

[URL]hhttp://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/creapure[/URL]

Can some one please enlighten me.

And is the the best price and quality?

Thanks,

Both are the same thing. Creapure is a brand name of creatine.

Creapure is the "best quality". It is certified to have no impurities. Made by Degussa in Germany.

To be honest creatine is creatine to most people no matter what brand etc.

Up to you what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Thanks for the reply.

"best quality". It is certified to have no impurity" Sound like you talking about another white powde. :eek:

So its a brand thing really. I see how I go on the cheaper one for now.

Thanks again,

Apip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Just use the non-branded creatine IMO. It will be just as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Just wondering has anyone ordered from myprotein or bulkpowders.co.uk in the last few weeks and what their experiences were like

Been a while since I ordered from either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Yeah I ordered the impact blend, 5kg for £35 plus shipping. Took 6 days to arrive.

Vegeta wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone ordered from myprotein or bulkpowders.co.uk in the last few weeks and what their experiences were like

Been a while since I ordered from either

Yeh ordered on 30th May(english bank holiday), order then took 2 days to process as they had a back log of orders, my order arrived on 9th June.

so thats six working days.

All previuos orders took less than 3 days.

Love Myprotein stuff!

(I got Hurricane xs choc smooth, lovely stuff. True Whey raspbery ripple, taste like icecream, alpha men multi vit(very good), omega 3 fish oils)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Get

Id say this has being asked before many times, but after search I could not find any answers to this question.
    Wheres the best site to purchase "Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard" Irish site perferred for fast delivery.

Cheaked google got...
    Discount Supplements
    @ €44.99 Del @ €5 : http://www.discountsupplements.ie/protein-optimum-nutrition-whey-gold-standard-protein-p-145.html

Fitness Supplements Vitamins @ €44.99 Del @ €7 free over €75: http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/Protein-Optimum-Nutrition-Whey-Protein-Gold-Standard.aspx?ProductSize=5lb

Universal Nutrition @ €47.99 Del @ No idea: http://www.universalnutrition.ie/

No experience with buying these products; first time :), picked "Optimum Nutrition" cause it was recommend by every second person nearly. So i need a little help in picking my supplier as I heard some suppliers of these type of products like this scam :eek:

Any recommendations on which site to buy from vouch for one of these site from pass experience?... mite hav my mind set with buyin "Optimum Nutrition" but would lik product suggestions...

Thanks in advance"!"

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

I also ordered end of may and only today is it being processed, as there was an error on their system which led to my flavour options not being included on my order.

Funny how there was no red flag put up on their system about a two week old undispatched order that had been paid for.

But once I contacted them, it was sorted out in a day.

I left it two weeks cause in their help section, it mentioned they were migrating systems and their dispatch promise of 3 working days didnt apply for the moment. I thought it would be dispatched by then as I wasnt in a major hurry for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

A lot of people, myself included have order from MyProtein.co.uk, they have generic brands but don't be put off it's the same stuff in them mostly anyway...they have really cheap whey and it's good quality in my opinion.

For instance I was able to buy 2 x 1kg bags of whey plus a 500g bag of creatine for ~€45 delivered!

Edit: use my code for 5% off your first order: MP229865

Delivery is very quick also, like 2-3 days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Dancingjebus3

Hey I am almost coming to the end of my current selection supplements and will be shopping again soon for new stuff, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of whats best to take for throwing on a good bit of size with keeping body fat down.

I experimented with a new program I got for 12 weeks and it was a disaster I went from 95kg to 84 kg and it appeared to be all muscle that I lost. I am currently taking NO shotgun before and NO synthesize after my workouts, I also taking it with myfusions protein. Seeing small results, small reduction of body fat and a little more size (back to 88kg now) Didnt get any sort of a "pump" off the NO products though so that was disappointing as it was my first time trying out this sort of product.

I have taken optimums serious mass in the past and it did throw a good bit of size but it also threw a big gut on me, so want to stay away from these sort of weightgainers if possible.

I workout 5 days a week, Diet is pretty clean.
    Anybody any suggestions, It really would be greatly appreciated. I am open minded to all types of supplements, some of which I plan to have a look into are White flood, jack 3d, animal products, size on.

oh and for those of you who have taking time out to read this far thanks for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi There

Personally I think the best place to pick up ON protein is from Irish Lifting, see http://www.irish-lifting.com/supplements-c-2.html

They have a shop on Camden St where you can collect it from. They are about the cheapest I have found in Dublin.

Best Regards,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Hey I am almost coming to the end of my current selection supplements and will be shopping again soon for new stuff, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of whats best to take for throwing on a good bit of size with keeping body fat down.

I experimented with a new program I got for 12 weeks and it was a disaster I went from 95kg to 84 kg and it appeared to be all muscle that I lost. I am currently taking NO shotgun before and NO synthesize after my workouts, I also taking it with myfusions protein. Seeing small results, small reduction of body fat and a little more size (back to 88kg now) Didnt get any sort of a "pump" off the NO products though so that was disappointing as it was my first time trying out this sort of product.

I have taken optimums serious mass in the past and it did throw a good bit of size but it also threw a big gut on me, so want to stay away from these sort of weightgainers if possible.

I workout 5 days a week, Diet is pretty clean.
    Anybody any suggestions, It really would be greatly appreciated. I am open minded to all types of supplements, some of which I plan to have a look into are White flood, jack 3d, animal products, size on.

oh and for those of you who have taking time out to read this far thanks for your time.
    if you are open minded I would put money its not the bloody supplements that are the answer to your woes its your training and just making sure you are eating well every day

Post up program (weights lifted), current diet and your stats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

B-Builder wrote: »
    Hi There

Personally I think the best place to pick up ON protein is from Irish Lifting, see http://www.irish-lifting.com/supplements-c-2.html

They have a shop on Camden St where you can collect it from. They are about the cheapest I have found in Dublin.

Best Regards,

M

Which shop on camden!? Fighting fit?

Advertisement