Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Nothing happened got a bit of a buzz for like two minutes after i drank it but that was it, didnt feel any different when i was lifting and didn feel any extra pump or anything!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

newby.204 wrote: »
    Nothing happened got a bit of a buzz for like two minutes after i drank it but that was it, didnt feel any different when i was lifting and didn feel any extra pump or anything!!!
    you pay for a product that does next to nothing what do you expect - a proper double espresso 30mins pre workout and a decent session will do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

me arse i paid for it, friend of mine got a tester as part of a late order, through it to me to try, wont be buying a tub of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kieran_1991

Do you have to take a break for a few weeks/months when taking whey regularly?

Ive heard people going off supplements for periods of time and then going back to taking them again. Is this the same with whey or is it just certain supplements?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

you don't need to cycle whey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

works pretty well for me. decent kick off it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It appears to be fancy sugar.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

It appears to be fancy sugar.
    exactly - more people pouring their money down a drain.

Almost all the guys i know and respect in training would NEVER use a product like this as they know its so full of hype and BS promises.

Here is the very first review i saw on it -

I took NO-Shotgun for three weeks and the results I got from it were astounding! To start it off I gained 7 lbs in 10 days while training in the preseason for basketball. Though all the running I still gained weight?! The pumps were crazy and this stuff does make your workouts psychotic, in the zone and keeping you goin forever: I'm talkin not even noticing people are in the weight room with you, all you see is the iron and the image in the mirror of yourself with veins and bulgin muscles. You through around the weights like nothin. Well worth the 30 some odd dollars!

Now i would pay to see the video of that guy - 11stone soaking wet talking about pumps, bulging muscles (only when the cute girl walks past) and pyschotic workouts!!!

Yeaaaa baby bring it on i am going to get me some and it will be 21 inch guns all the way with pulsating pumps!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

I used to cycle all the whey into school.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

whey is a food

do you cycle your chicken, steak, veg? nope.

a whey a day helps you work rest and play :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Try it and then criticise. No point in reading in to a review like that on the net. I'm sure there's thousands of others that aren't as hyped.

I know a few people who have taken it and they all liked it. It definitely gives me more focus and energy in the gym. The mix of protein and creatine in it probably does more for you than your double expresso.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

Transform wrote: »
    (only when the cute girl walks past)

This ALWAYS happens me...twice this week in fact, Monday and last night i did heavy(by my standards) upperbody sessions and at the exact same time i was failing on my dips, the same cute girl walk past looking...is it possible that girls can have a fetish for guys who fail on dips...i sure hope so:D

It never occured to me to take anything before a workout, an espresso and a banana 30 - 60 minutes beforehand is the norm for me, is there a better alternative?

man i have tried many many products and i can conclusively say that there is a massive wastage of money going on by many who feel they 'need' something like this to put in a decent workout and thats sad.

What ever happended to sipping coffee eating a snack and watching predator - now thats going to slap you out of that funk and make you into a goddam sexual TYRANNOSAURUS!!

take it if you wish but really you just need to man up and do the dam work

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kieran_1991

Ok Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Transform wrote: »
    exactly - more people pouring their money down a drain.

Almost all the guys i know and respect in training would NEVER use a product like this as they know its so full of hype and BS promises.

Here is the very first review i saw on it -

I took NO-Shotgun for three weeks and the results I got from it were astounding! To start it off I gained 7 lbs in 10 days while training in the preseason for basketball. Though all the running I still gained weight?! The pumps were crazy and this stuff does make your workouts psychotic, in the zone and keeping you goin forever: I'm talkin not even noticing people are in the weight room with you, all you see is the iron and the image in the mirror of yourself with veins and bulgin muscles. You through around the weights like nothin. Well worth the 30 some odd dollars!

Now i would pay to see the video of that guy - 11stone soaking wet talking about pumps, bulging muscles (only when the cute girl walks past) and pyschotic workouts!!!

Yeaaaa baby bring it on i am going to get me some and it will be 21 inch guns all the way with pulsating pumps!!!

F*ck it you've convinced me, I was saving up for an Ab King Pro but I'm just going to buy a couple of tubs of that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Skimmed milk is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

The only reason that you wouldnt take it is if you are not going to the gym or exercising regularly for an extended period of time, as then you will just s*** it out, and waste money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Ab King Pro! Fat69. your mad wasting you money on that, so last year! We all know the only serious product on the market today is the Shake Weight. :D

OP, I don't know about the product you mention. But I started using another brand and feel that it helps me. Defiantly no harm either.

Transform, last thing i would do is battle or question you, complete respect to where you are in life, but as you said, you've been there and done that. We're like kids, we'll either figure out you were right, or keeping using what ever makes us feel is working for us.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Anybody used this? Anything I should know about it? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

You could try searching the supplements thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Hey Lads,

Not sure if this has been done before but i was wondering does anyone know the best protein shake to take after a workout with the least calories ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Whey protein is a good choice.

Impact Blend from MP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Try Syntrax nectar,90 cals no carbs no fats.Comes in fruity flavors.

www.myprotein.co.uk

Impact whey
    Impact whey isolate
    Impact blend
    True Whey

i think all roughly 80 to 100cals per serving, true whey has no saturatred fat and low in carbs , go for choc mint flavour, raspberry is ok.

>>>>>

:eek: Its expensive!

Myproteins - Thermopure is cheaper by a mile, i think 15euro ish for 90 caps.

Fat burners wont do jack sh1t unless your diet is clean and you work your ass off.

RE: HYDROXYCUT, MAN THIS THREAD HAS GOTTEN COMPLICATED TO FOLLOW SINCE ALL THE THREADS WERE MOVED TO IT HAHA

FTA69 wrote: »
    F*ck it you've convinced me, I was saving up for an Ab King Pro but I'm just going to buy a couple of tubs of that instead.
    LOL!!

Apip99 wrote: »
    Ab King Pro! Fat69. your mad wasting you money on that, so last year! We all know the only serious product on the market today is the Shake Weight. :D

OP, I don't know about the product you mention. But I started using another brand and feel that it helps me. Defiantly no harm either.

Transform, last thing i would do is battle or question you, complete respect to where you are in life, but as you said, you've been there and done that. We're like kids, we'll either figure out you were right, or keeping using what ever makes us feel is working for us.
    agreed and i am all for trying out products as i do so myself but at this stage i focus on things that are going to help my recovery NOT to help me put in a good session as its a given i will put in a good workout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

theKramer wrote: »
    The only reason that you wouldnt take it is if you are not going to the gym or exercising regularly for an extended period of time, as then you will just s*** it out, and waste money.

I don't think you'll **** it out, it'll be used as energy by your body if you eat more than it needs and you might put on weight if you have a calorie surplus overall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    :eek: Its expensive!

Myproteins - Thermopure is cheaper by a mile, i think 15euro ish for 90 caps.

Fat burners wont do jack sh1t unless your diet is clean and you work your ass off.

RE: HYDROXYCUT, MAN THIS THREAD HAS GOTTEN COMPLICATED TO FOLLOW SINCE ALL THE THREADS WERE MOVED TO IT HAHA

Thermopure's useless.

You must make a fortune off the amount of people you sent to MP. It's about all ya seem to do...

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Thermopure's useless.

You must make a fortune off the amount of people you sent to MP. It's about all ya seem to do...

em............. well i do make a bit but to be honest i can afford to buy whatever i want so referral points make no difference to me. I could afford to buy a few hundred quids worth of crap every month but i dont, i buy what i need for a reasonable price from a very good online supplier, myprotein.

Couldnt care if people used my referral code or not, but whats the point of paying over the odds for a product when you can get the same thing cheaper from myprotein.

I have earned referral points fom people but only 4 of those people are people i dont know! the rest are all friends, family, team mates, relations etc.

I dont see what your problem is, im trying to save people money by suggesting alternative products for a lot less money.

In my eyes most fat burners are useless, but woudl you rather see someone pay 50-60 quid for hydroxycut or 15 quid for thermopure, or any cheaper version of thermogenic fat burners.

Muscletech stuff is very expensive, i can afford it but i wont buy it.

Anyone with half a brain would go for price over hype.

Advertisement