Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

Hanley wrote: »

It's about all ya seem to do...

:rolleyes: yeh it is, thats all i do, crazy sh1t isnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Apip99 wrote: »
    Ab King Pro! Fat69. your mad wasting you money on that, so last year! We all know the only serious product on the market today is the Shake Weight. :D

Fat69? Is that a f*cking Freudian slip? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 thaifighter

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    In my eyes most fat burners are useless, but woudl you rather see someone pay 50-60 quid for hydroxycut or 15 quid for thermopure, or any cheaper version of thermogenic fat burners.

Muscletech stuff is very expensive, i can afford it but i wont buy it.

Anyone with half a brain would go for price over hype.
    1) Hydroxycut can be had for around £32
    2) What's most important in any supplement is NOT price.....but effectiveness.

Hydroxycut has some good reviews, as does Mitotrophin, Lipo 6, Lean Xtreme, Adipoxil etc.....all over the bodybuilding forums, both in the US and the UK.

They also have good ingredient profiles, with decent dosages of the active ingredients.

I'd be inclined to research the products before spending any money, and judging them on ingredient profiles and reviews, rather than "price at all costs". It's a deeply short sighted way of viewing things.

A great but expensive supplement is better than a cheap but ineffective one. Not a comment on any product mentioned, but a comment on judging what to buy in general.

Esse85 wrote: »
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/pricematch.aspx

Put this in, http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/

And there you have it, 5kg of Impact Whey Flavoured £35.
    Or you could support the people bringing the price down in the first place.

If people don't support downward pressure on pricing, no one will cut the price anymore and "price matches" won't be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 steveoracle

All good advice, I agree that chocolate flavour tastes like ****

S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Today I was feeling a bit snoozey and decided to add a tea spoon of coffee to my protein shake. It tasted great!

Anyone do this regularly? Could be a good idea before training.

BossArky wrote: »
    Today I was feeling a bit snoozey and decided to add a tea spoon of coffee to my protein shake. It tasted great!

Anyone do this regularly? Could be a good idea before training.
    I used to do this in the morning to wake me up. Tastes nice and it's a decent idea.

1) Hydroxycut can be had for around £32
    2) What's most important in any supplement is NOT price.....but effectiveness.

Hydroxycut has some good reviews, as does Mitotrophin, Lipo 6, Lean Xtreme, Adipoxil etc.....all over the bodybuilding forums, both in the US and the UK.

They also have good ingredient profiles, with decent dosages of the active ingredients.

I'd be inclined to research the products before spending any money, and judging them on ingredient profiles and reviews, rather than "price at all costs". It's a deeply short sighted way of viewing things.

A great but expensive supplement is better than a cheap but ineffective one. Not a comment on any product mentioned, but a comment on judging what to buy in general.

let me make this clear, i dont just buy somethign because its cheap.

If 2 products are similar, then i will buy the most cost effective one.

I only ever buy supplements that are EFFECTIVE, VALUE FOR MONEY, HAVE GOOD REVIEWS.

So i have to stop you there when you think im short sighted, i said price wins every time becasue i dont buy into the crap most companies write on the tubs "gain 7lbs in 7 days of lean muscle" " get ripped quick" etc

PS - I only use whey protein, creatine(4 weeks on 2 weeks off), glutamine(in winter especially, i never get sick when i use it), multi vitamin, fish oils.
    All of which i get from myprotein becasue they are EFFECTIVE, VALUE FOR MONEY, HAVE GOOD REVIEWS.

The only new thing i am trying is PERFORM XS from myprotein, should have it next week.

And hydroxycut is over priced!

And hydroxycut is over priced!
    We'll have to agree to disagree.

It's got some good reviews, it's got a decent ingredients profile, and a month's supply is £32.

Tbh I don't think £32 is that much for an effective fat burner considering how much the average person is willing to spend getting drunk each weekend. Given the average spend on a night out is probably £50+...then £32 for a month's supply of one of the highest rated fat burners on the market is not bad.

I agree with you on the rest of the MuscleTech range. I think their supplements tend to be decent and well researched, but they are more pricey. However, to say something's expensive doesn't make it bad. In fact in most consumer markets, people tend to buy the expensive stuff just because it's expensive lol! (e.g. a 3 series instead of a Mondeo, Armani instead of George etc.)...

However, in terms of Hydroxycut, it's a decent supplement, and I'd put money on anyone who actually tried it finding the same.

people tend to buy the expensive stuff just because it's expensive lol! (e.g. a 3 series instead of a Mondeo, Armani instead of George etc.)...

However, in terms of Hydroxycut, it's a decent supplement, and I'd put money on anyone who actually tried it finding the same.

haha, think we might. I actually bought the monde instead of the 3 series, the mondeo just seemed better to me and price didnt come into it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It's got some good reviews, it's got a decent ingredients profile, and a month's supply is £32.

Tbh I don't think £32 is that much for an effective fat burner considering how much the average person is willing to spend getting drunk each weekend. Given the average spend on a night out is probably £50+...then £32 for a month's supply of one of the highest rated fat burners on the market is not bad.

I agree with you on the rest of the MuscleTech range. I think their supplements tend to be decent and well researched, but they are more pricey. However, to say something's expensive doesn't make it bad. In fact in most consumer markets, people tend to buy the expensive stuff just because it's expensive lol! (e.g. a 3 series instead of a Mondeo, Armani instead of George etc.)...

Just make sure you're getting the same hydroxcut if you are going to get it. The ingredients in the irish one were changed a few years ago (ephedrine out) so its a far less effective product than it used to be.

Im not sure, but I think the usa product is unchanged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xavr.adam

I'm just about to start a cutting and shredding program and have been advised to get BCAA's (Branch Chained Amino Acids), Amino Acids and CLA.

I'm just wondering what the best brand to get is and where to buy it cheapest. I'm starting the program on monday so i'd need them in a rush but don't mind ordering over the internet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Just make sure you're getting the same hydroxcut if you are going to get it. The ingredients in the irish one were changed a few years ago (ephedrine out) so its a far less effective product than it used to be.

Im not sure, but I think the usa product is unchanged.

ephidrine is banned in the usa, seriously doubt hydroxycut still has it in it.

xavr.adam wrote: »
    I'm just about to start a cutting and shredding program and have been advised to get BCAA's (Branch Chained Amino Acids), Amino Acids and CLA.

I'm just wondering what the best brand to get is and where to buy it cheapest. I'm starting the program on monday so i'd need them in a rush but don't mind ordering over the internet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

this is the cheapest www.myprotein.co.uk

With delivery to Ireland included?

I'd have a look for Scivation Xtend. It's not just BCAA's but also includes citruline malate and it's quite tasty. Several sites have low priced shipment to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tony Sopranoe

I'd have a look for Scivation Xtend. It's not just BCAA's but also includes citruline malate and it's quite tasty. Several sites have low priced shipment to Ireland.
    Where's the best place to get this from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xavr.adam

ideally id prefer to take the BCAA in tablet form. are the shakes better?

delivery is £4.95 to ireland

myprotein is cheaper, you could get all the individual ingredients for scivation and make your own, and it would cost a hell of a lot less

xavr.adam wrote: »
    ideally id prefer to take the BCAA in tablet form. are the shakes better?

tablets are more expensive, bcaa powder dosnet taste too good but its better value(just throw it down haha)

tablets
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/bcaa_plus

powder
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/bcaa

There are bcaa in whey protein shakes, but a lot of people opt to take xtra bcaa's.

Where's the best place to get this from?

i think these might have it,

www.discountsupplements.co.uk

just stick it into google

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Or you could support the people bringing the price down in the first place.

If people don't support downward pressure on pricing, no one will cut the price anymore and "price matches" won't be possible.

Have you purchased many products from bodybuildingwarehouse before? Their premium whey looks good, and its the same price for 4kg there as 2.5kg isolate on myprotein. Anyone else used this site before, thoughts?

Have you purchased many products from bodybuildingwarehouse before? Their premium whey looks good, and its the same price for 4kg there as 2.5kg isolate on myprotein. Anyone else used this site before, thoughts?
    I am the owner of that site. I tend to post on MuscleTalk.co.uk alot, and saw some links to our site from here so thought I'd pop on.

Mods - if there's any problem with this please PM me and I'll learn how to use the signature function lol!

I notice John Cappa also posts on this site - we know each other from MT :)

In terms of feedback on our store, we presently have the UK's largest facebook fan page for a bodybuilding site with well over 5,600 fans. If that doesn't demonstrate consistant quality of service, I don't know what does lol :)

http://www.facebook.com/bodybuilding.sports.supplements

delivery is £10, expensive

You are comparing a whey protein isolate to a wehy belnd there. 2 different products

Whey isolate from myprotein, is whey isolate, gonna be more expansive

BBW premium whey is a blend, >> De-lactosed and instantised Pure Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolysed Whey Protein,

You should be comparing it to Impact blend from my protein, not the isolate(isolate is always gonna be more expansive)
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/impact_blend

BBW PREMIUM WHEY 4kg, 34.99 plus 10postage = £44.99

My protein Impact blend 4.54kg , 39.99 plus 4.95 postage = £44.94

And you get more in the myprotein pouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

i will vouch for thai's website bbw! Top customer service, very reliable delivery, low prices, huge selection including many exclusives, very low price on some pro hormones, their bulk whey tastes excellent from what i have read, though i havent tasted it personally and is tested per batch for QA and COA posted on site! The only place they fall down is the delivery to eire, i said this to you a few weeks ago thai, MP and MF are are far cheaper for delivery.

You are comparing a whey protein isolate to a wehy belnd there. 2 different products

BBW premium whey is a blend, >> De-lactosed and instantised Pure Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolysed Whey Protein,

You should be comparing it to Impact blend from my protein, not the isolate(isolate is always gonna be more expansive)

Darcha, have you got any affiliation with MyProtein?

Your posts are all made during working hours and you seem very keen to promote them in most of your posts. My apologies if not, it just came across like you may work for / be sponsored by them.

In either case, whatever protein customers go for, they're getting a great deal on both. I know ours has some fantastic reviews (e.g. BBW Whey Review), and MP have a strong following.

john_cappa wrote: »
    i will vouch for thai's website bbw! Top customer service, very reliable delivery, low prices, huge selection including many exclusives, very low price on some pro hormones, their bulk whey tastes excellent from what i have read, though i havent tasted it personally and is tested per batch for QA and COA posted on site! The only place they fall down is the delivery to eire, i said this to you a few weeks ago thai, MP and MF are are far cheaper for delivery.
    We need to work on our Irish delivery. We negotiated the rates probably 6 months back and have grown quite a lot since then so probably have extra "arm twisting" abilities with DPD now.

I'll see what we can do :)

Thanks for the recommendation btw - glad to see we're doing a good job!! :)

Darcha, have you got any affiliation with MyProtein?

Your posts are all made during working hours and you seem very keen to promote them in most of your posts. My apologies if not, it just came across like you may work for / be sponsored by them.

In either case, whatever protein customers go for, they're getting a great deal on both. I know ours has some fantastic reviews (e.g. BBW Whey Review), and MP have a strong following.

NO AFFIIATION! I HAVE A 9-5 JOB(I CAN TAKE DAYS OFF YA KNOW). I WAS PUTTING BRIANTHEBARD STRAIGHT.

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MYPROTEIN, I AM NOT IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY.

I AM NOT PROMOTING ANY PRODUCTS FOR ANY BENEFIT TO ME, I AM JUST SUGGESTING.

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN DONT READ IT, THATS ALL I CAN SAY.

YOU ARE ON HERE PROMOTING YOUR OWN WEBSITE/BUSINESS, THATS AGAINST FORUM RULES IF IM CORRECT.

RANT OVER!
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tony Sopranoe

I just copied this from a previous post and it does work.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/pricematch.aspx

Put this in, http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/

And there you have it, 5kg of Impact Whey Flavoured £35.

So thats My protein Impact blend 5kg , 34.99 plus 4.95 postage = £39.94

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

DARCHA22 tone it down please, it was an honest question from thaifighter and didn't warrant that kind of response. Your volume of posting about myprotein is nearing spam levels now so I suggest you don't make any more recommendations for them for a while, thanks.

thaifighter welcome to boards :) Thats no problem to put up a link to the fb page, but we won't allowrepeated blatant advertising.

• Advertisement

NO AFFIIATION! I HAVE A 9-5 JOB(I CAN TAKE DAYS OFF YA KNOW). I WAS PUTTING BRIANTHEBARD STRAIGHT.

I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MYPROTEIN, I AM NOT IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY.

I AM NOT PROMOTING ANY PRODUCTS FOR ANY BENEFIT TO ME, I AM JUST SUGGESTING.

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN DONT READ IT, THATS ALL I CAN SAY.

YOU ARE ON HERE PROMOTING YOUR OWN WEBSITE/BUSINESS, THATS AGAINST FORUM RULES IF IM CORRECT.

RANT OVER!
    :cool:
    Easy tiger.

I'm not promoting anything. I have not suggested to anyone to buy from anywhere. I've answered a couple posts that referenced some of our products, in an open and honest way, then I went on to add a couple replies in various threads, that imho, were frank and helpful - for example:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66829234&postcount=30

Promoting your own code (as you've done in a couple replies) is self-serving by the way - you do get something out of it from memory...discount points on your own orders.

Advertisement