Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jammer keeps cutting out at low rev's

Options
  • 11-09-2006 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I recently acquired a 1990 rover 214si from a friend of mine as he was leaving the country and he gave it to me for free. The car is in great condition, it has a full service history and 4 owners incl. myself.
    The only problem with it is that the engine cuts out at low rev's and is very annoying, does anyone have any idea what might be causing this to happen? I was talking to a mechanic and he said the idle jets on the carb may be partially blocked but it idles fine in the driveway, its only when its drops from above 1000rpm that this happens. I recently added an injection cleaner to it and seems to have helped any tiny bit but no definite fix anyone any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

isn't a 214si fuel injected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

K series engine fuel injected. (what the hell is a jammer?)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what the hell is a carb doing on a 214si

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭digweed

mike65 wrote:
    (what the hell is a jammer?)

Mike.

jammer comes from 'jam jar' the cockney slang for car. here endth the lesson.

D.

Advertisement