Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

q about student cards

Options
  • 11-09-2006 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

is registration only complete once you get your student card?I didnt have a "passport or birth cert" available last week on the days that the cards were being issued and i was told that i could get my card this week provided I brought in one of the above to confirm my identity,does anyone know where I go now with either a birth cert or passport to get my student card?

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

For the next couple of weeks they're issuing them in the Astra Hall in the Student Centre, after that in the Micheal Tierney (aka admin) building which is across from the Arts block.

what you do if you lose your card?

i haven't lost it...

but it would be handy to know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

If you lose your card you can get another one from the Admin building and they'll charge you a tenner or so for it. I recall reading this elsewhere a good while back so I may be wrong about the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Yep it's admin to get a replacement card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Lost mine in second year and was charged €14 for them to print a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I wouldn't sweat it about the student card. I'm pretty sure I didn't get mine until November last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I'd encourage you to get it asap though, you'll need it to get into the library and at many other inopportune times.

didn't want to open another thread about student cards, so i'll ask here.

what's the best way of removing information off your student card?

you all know what i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

tut tut Darian Narrow Poppycock thats very naughty I wouldn't be posting that.

nail varnish remover will wreck your card. your best bet is to borrow someone elses but obviously I would never condone that sort of behavior

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ahh good ole student card, october/november was always my prefered time to get one.

I think you need acetone to rub off any incriminating data, although i wudnt know, i was 18 when i started and ill be 40 when i finish.

EDIT: Excuse me, i was 19....good i feel old!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

what you do if you lose your card?

i haven't lost it...

but it would be handy to know

its free to get a new card if you get a letter from the garda saying you lost your wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

panda100 wrote:
    its free to get a new card if you get a letter from the garda saying you lost your wallet.
    really? sounds dodgey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

ive 5 cards, all were free. I keep damaging the magnetic strip at the back and they keep giving me new ones without kaing the old ones. No emmet they arent for sale :P

ive 5 cards, all were free. I keep damaging the magnetic strip at the back and they keep giving me new ones without kaing the old ones. No emmet they arent for sale :P

they'd only be handy to me if you looked like my avatar....

My own experience has led me to believe that the photo on an id is irrelevent

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That's actually quite true! I was checking IDs for about three years before it occured to me to look at the photo!

I believe that the new student cards are tricky to tamper with because of the box they put around your DOB. If you rub out the DOB, it takes the box with it!

For your own sake (as in, I'm not going to do anything about it but...), it might be a better idea not to ask how to do that on a public forum. The UCD authorities have been known to take action based on reading this forum before. Personally, I don't think it's any of their business what people discuss here, but who can stop them from acting on it?

I'd direct that at you especially emmet, as you (presumably) are using part of your real name. Couple that with some other available info, and you're not anonymous to UCD!

I'm far from annoyonmous really.

But i amn't looking for this info for myself, So it's no biggie if they "get me" :D

cheers for the concern

Thats for sure, in 2 secs one can get your name, address, age, and a photo of you!

Same with daram who was talking about the you know what you know when ;)

Advertisement