Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of Management Company

Options
  • 11-09-2006 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have read the sticky (took me a while) about the mgt fees and there is some comments in it about getting a new mgt co or doing it yourselves. Can anyone post comments on how you go about this. Some people were saying you just vote them off. Others were saying they cant be got rid of until all apartments in an estate are sold etc etc. I would really like to get some correct info on this, so thanks in advance. The other thread was meant to be about fees, so i think it got a bit side tracked, thats why it makes it a bit hard to piece all the advice together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

As a first step, You need to read the memorandum of incorporation and the articles of association to find out the legal procedure for appointing new directors (and possibly getting rid of old ones). The articles are basically the rules which govern the organization. You may also need to see the register of shareholders. You can get the most recent copy of these from the CRO (http://www.cro.ie/) for a few euros.

If you want to get into this further, you might need to read Keane's Company Law (http://www.tottelpublishing.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/583/groupID/2/categoryID/6/v/165d9904-4eb9-40c0-b848-b093bf0fe9e7)

You probably need a solicitor who has a good grasp of company law (probably a good idea).

This is just the legal part. You also need a committee of people who will stick with you even when the going gets tough.

Advertisement