Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car problem!!

Options
  • 11-09-2006 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

i have just purchased a landrover discovery v6 and having problems with the wiring the other day the wires melted and nearly burnt out the landrover - has anyone experienced the same problem with this type of landrover please reply back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd say this post might be better off in the motors forum............you might get more suggestions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Discovery is so called because you discover how many faults a car can have, and as for it's little sister, the Freelander? More like Freelender, you will have out the courtesy car from the dealers, so goes the joke in the trade!! A friend of mine uses Land Rover's in his line of work and has had no end of trouble with them from new throughout the years, while another friend (A private owner) had a fuel pump blow in an 05 Diesel model with sweet FA mileage on it. As well, some horror stories about Land Rovers (Particularly electrics related) have been common place so this may be a long struggle.

Is it new or used, may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Commuting & Transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Did you replace any fuses recently? Sounds like what happens when you replace a fuse with one of too high a rating. Or dodgy electrics. Any problems in the past with bulbs blowing frequently or anything like that?

Advertisement