Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question

• 11-09-2006 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I have a question. Now, I know people have much worse troubles on here but I'd appreciate your replies.

If you are out in a club and lets say, you start talking to a woman and you want to score with them. Just like a shift, right? What do you say exactly to them? Should you just move in or say 'Can I kiss you?"

I am not very experienced with women

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Assuming this isn't a troll...

You should try that with a few women. Strangers if possible.

Start with the phrase "give us a snog, love" and then lean in with your puckered lips. Drop the hand as well. They'll be putty in your hands.

Or you could try talking to a girl as you would any human. Change your attitude, i.e. stop thinking girls in that way, and you may stand a chance.

In truth, if this is actually how you think of women and approach them you have my sympathies. Without meaning to be harsh - Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭smk135

hahaha well said fanny cradock (although that is possibly the most horrible boards name ive read yet!!!sorry...:o )

do you really think that goig up and askin a girl "can i kiss you" is ever gona work or are you trying your very best to be funny?
    the obvious answer to that question if you ask it is gona be "eh no, get out of my face", if the girl is not a bitch that is.

how bout you try actually using your intellect and talking first??

it's funny how many guys come on here and ask about "how to read women" and "what to say" , you're all short of asking "how to be assured to shag a woman"/"how to find love".
    there's a lot of complexed men out there anyway thats for sure, but i'm wondering what age group they are most of the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I think posters are being too hard on the OP.

He basically said when you're talking to a girl, how do you move onto the next step of a kiss? No need to go jumping down his throat. It's not like he's going for it out of nowhere, he does some talking first!

Anyway, I think it depends on the situation. If the girl obviously likes you and is flirting non stop, just go for it. On the other hand if she's a bit shy and you're unsure, just ask. Saves the embarrassment of her pushing you away! Nothing wrong with saying ''so can I have a kiss?''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I think asking to kiss them is wonderful, polite and respectful and if they say no it is a lot less embrassing for both parties then if you move in for a snogg and ge t rejected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I think posters are being too hard on the OP.

He basically said when you're talking to a girl, how do you move onto the next step of a kiss? No need to go jumping down his throat. It's not like he's going for it out of nowhere, he does some talking first!

Agreed!!
    Thaedydal wrote:
    I think asking to kiss them is wonderful, polite and respectful and if they say no it is a lot less embrassing for both parties then if you move in for a snogg and ge t rejected.

Hmmm, intriguing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Start with the phrase "give us a snog, love" and then lean in with your puckered lips. Drop the hand as well. They'll be putty in your hands.

Or you could try talking to a girl as you would any human. Change your attitude, i.e. stop thinking girls in that way, and you may stand a chance.

In truth, if this is actually how you think of women and approach them you have my sympathies. Without meaning to be harsh - Grow up.
    Indeed, because viewing women as sexual beings is immature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

thinking about it, the conversation never really turns that way... the whole touching each other and what not usually means you ask if they want to go out for some air or something... and of course by air i mean sharing the same air, as it were.

but don't worry about how you approach it. women have no game either... sure recently a girl complimented me, asked if i was "with anyone tonight", then asked if i wanted to go for a smoke... and the deal was done. men and women share the same problems :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Hop off that high-horse buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Consider that in an actual niteclub talking is more or less impossible with the volume of the music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

smk135 wrote:
    there's a lot of complexed men out there anyway thats for sure, but i'm wondering what age group they are most of the time...

id say
    ude find the ages of 18 to 30 ....... i think thats the way it works but tring to understand a woman is trying to find the varibles of some mad equation , its not posible as for reading there body luangede

right theres a hole internet out there , thats free and at our finger tips yet a bloke cant type , in some thing like reading women into a google and see what comes up ...

a lot does come up , but im not going to give those sites away , insted il let them find them . and some of the sites are free and give you fantastic advise , to nealrly any woman problem you can imagine .,..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

men and women share the same problems :)

you're definitely on the right road there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

If you're in a club the easiest thing to do is dance with your friends. Never be that lecherous weirdo who dances with others. Simply dancing with friends rather than others will garner a bit more respect. Then if you are making eye contact with someone perhaps move on to dancing with them for a bit. From there on it is perfectly okay to ask would it be okay to kiss. However if things are going pretty smoothly up until that point it may not be necessary to ask as they may confuse your leaning in to ask as actually leaning in for a kiss.

As to others saying "talk to the girl" and stuff, get off your high horses. If he wanted stimulating intellectual conversation I'm sure he could find it with his friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

They're not talking about stimulating intellectual conversation, they're talking about chatting - you know, like making a witty remark or introducing yourself. Difficult, terrifying, and incredibly stressful I realise, but worth persevering with nonetheless :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Walking up to someone and the first thing out of your mouth is "can I kiss you?" probably won't work. However, after talking to someone and saying "Gis a kiss!" (order not request) might.

/me = slightly unhelpful
    sure recently a girl complimented me, asked if i was "with anyone tonight", then asked if i wanted to go for a smoke... and the deal was done.
    So you friction burned her lips off? :eek: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

If you're after having quite a lengthy conversation with her, then ask her can you kiss her. She'll appreciate that you asked her rather than diving straight in there.

Just don't randomly walk up to some girl that you've never met and ask her for a kiss, because I doubt you'd get anywhere that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

tinkerbell wrote:
    Just don't randomly walk up to some girl that you've never met and ask her for a kiss, because I doubt you'd get anywhere that way.

i did when i was 16 :D but thats underage disco's

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If you are out in a club and lets say, you start talking to a woman and you want to score with them. Just like a shift, right? What do you say exactly to them? Should you just move in or say 'Can I kiss you?"
    Depends. Everyone is different, and all situations are not the same. Sometimes you are talking and flirting with each other, getting along splendedly, and the urge to kiss is mutual, and you lean in together and it happens. Other times there is shyness on one or both your parts, and you ask.

Advertisement