Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Unofficial Freshers Guide

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

What are you doing posting at this hour Mrs. MacGyver? Shouldn't you be off making dinner somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

For anyone who wishes to find Glenomena I will give tours leaving the main gates at the bus stop for at sometime during some week in the future. Though in my personal opinion Woodbine is what you really need to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I thought it was a funny post, not sure how much of it is accurate. All i remember about my freshers week was expensive nites out and getting ripped off by societies in the tent....ahhh, joining them seemed like a great idea at the time.

Then christmas rolls around and the party scene in UCD grinds to a halt. Best nites out have to be the faculty balls, expensive, but getting messy in a tux cant be beat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

For anyone who wishes to find Glenomena I will give tours leaving the main gates at the bus stop for at sometime during some week in the future. Though in my personal opinion Woodbine is what you really need to find.

Finally bothered to go exploring and found that and the secret lake today. It only took til the start of 3rd year!

I've never seen glenomena though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Yeah, actually, whats good to find - the mystery areas of UCD? I've heard there's lots of interesting places to engage in quasi-legal ventures scattered around campus, but just not their locations... (barring the one near the running track, and the one near Roebuck Road)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There's supposedly ways of getting into the tunnels....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

DaveMcG wrote:
    There's supposedly ways of getting into the tunnels....
    But of course we'd never talk about this now would we Davey dearest? Especially what with those who shall not be named reading this forum from time to time...

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Does someone want to PM a poor fresher in that case... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Scraggs wrote:
    But of course we'd never talk about this now would we Davey dearest? Especially what with those who shall not be named reading this forum from time to time...

:p
    Oh crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rotten_eggz

... and no mention of those pretentious d4 snobs??? They're all the place like a bad rash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Done about 40 of Redeye's list. Tis a good one btw!
    Maybe I haven't wasted my time here as much as previously thought...

Ones I haven't done: 3, 6, 7, 13, 15, 31, 32, 34, 43, 44.

Deadly. I now have proper aims and objectives for this year.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Btw official fresher's guide is out now (u can pick one up in sstudent centre or the freshers tent). About 9 of the 101 things to do are my creations so obviously tht alone makes the guide worth a read

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I thought the original post was a pretty good read, a bit forced maybe but worth a chuckle! Disappointing lack of D4 hate in it though, this is not the UCD forum of old! Anyone care to give a summary, albeit less offensive, of the snipped pieces?

rotten_eggz your sig made me laugh harder than your post ahahhaa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Blog link not working for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Louth Man

Check out http://www.geocities.com/ucdguide, a hopelessly amateurish Freshers Guide I and two friends prepared in our own first year (04/05)..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

For anyone who wants to find Glenomena, go through the arch beside Centra and turn left when you get to the road/path running perpendicular to the one you're on. Keep walking until you get to the laundrette. Then, find my apartment, and I might make you tea. Or a hot whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

bring them home for tea/coffee and then get them drunk. I like your style

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

no girls took me home and got me drunk when I was a fresher, I missed out on so much:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Maybe you were better off, Humbert.

Stealth Kap. It's all in the stealth.

Advertisement