Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert irish for primary school teaching

Options
  • 11-09-2006 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know where you can do leaving cert irish for primary school teaching- its a requirement and I'm looking for night courses somewhere in the Dublin area.

Also, any information on doing a postgrad in teaching in England would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Try the teaching/lecturing forum here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭GadgetFiend

thanks tom

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

leaving cert honours irish or a pass in 1st arts irish.
    Ucd do arts part time and irish is s ubject offered.

Scrúdú Cáilíochta na Gaeilge (SCG) is the name of the irish exam for teachers,I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I'm actually looking into the exact same thing myself at the minute.

Kilroy College offers this as a distance learning course, where they post the course work out to you, you learn, complete assignments & post back to them.

They allow 2 years to complete the course.

It seems pretty good to me.
    It costs €352 for the course, plus you've to pay €50 something to register with the educational board to sit the actual leaving cert exam.

Advertisement