Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkyDSL

Options
  • 11-09-2006 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Has anyone on here seen skydsl's new offer?
    http://www.teles-skydsl.com/

What was 16Mb unlimited download for 45euro a month is now 2Mb unlimited download for 40euro a month!:eek: WTF!! i was going to order it but i dont think i will bother now! with the new deal you can down load at 24Mbps but at a cost of 1.5ct per Mb! :confused: again WTF!!! why would i want to down load at 24mbps for 1.5ct/Mb when i can get the same file for free at 2Mbps, ok it will take me longer but who is ever in that much of a rush for a file??:mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

One thing that's not clear on their site. As you use your dial-up analog modem as part of the set up are you also paying for phone charges to Eircom\BT ect while you are connected to the Net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Their pricing plans don't make a lot of sense either, in particular the speed/volume upgrades
    Volume upgrade for data reception: increase to 3,000 MB for € 9.90 per month, increase to flatrate for € 19.90 per month. When the included volume is exceeded, a surcharge of 1.5ct / MB applies.
    Does the 2nd bit about flatrate mean that for €19.90 you get no included volume but pay 1.5c per MB, or unlimited? That doesn't seem very good if it's the former.

Also, being pedantic but anyway, the term DSL refers to data transmission over telephone lines and not on a one-way satellite link. They shouldn't be calling it SkyDSL at all.

Advertisement