Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vectors

Options
  • 11-09-2006 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Just finished my latest.
    240818635_90c6eda8ec.jpg
    Full size here
    Illustrator cs2 then some photoshop
    few hrs.
    i know few mistakes, really cant be bothered fixing, brushing up, vectors take ages :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

very nice work indeed. i never have the patience for that kind of vector work... good to see some original work instead of the latest trend to make brushes that look like vectors and passing that off as original work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Very nice, The only thing I can say about it would be the text @ the top & bottom. It's a bit of a strain to see it, maybe a more extreme colour.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thanks guys, yeah kinda rushed it at the end, didnt know what font to use.
    333358720a2011656392b707326245l.jpg
    my very first one, still incomplete

333358720a2011656215b676319210l.jpg
    one i did for my gf, only one i every completed properly.

333358720a2011656304b556829522l.jpg
    also incomplete, look at my shoulder :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I'm not sure about the font in the first one. Especially the font reading.. "lying is the.....". It's quite small.

Also, her stomach seems to be inexistent, for a vector that shows shadow and light the flat in a 2d sense stomach seems odd. Her arms too seem slightly out of shape.

As for the other 3, Angelina Jolie one is quite good. It'd my fav of them all, possible because it lacks the gaudy text you've chosen for the others. (Sorry if that sounds harsh, it's just putting it bluntly)

The pro anna one has a few too many colours in it. Keep the colours simple for a simplified drawing. I like the perspective. However those 3 twirling bars don't work in my opinion. They seem to thick, bold and pretty boring.

As the last one isn't finished fully I cant really give an opinion on it, one thing however is that font at the top is pretty much unreadable.

I think thought-out it's the font and perhaps choice of colours that are taking from these illustrations. Try www.dafont.com I'm sure you know of that site already.

thanks for the c'c man, last one is complete i guess, just that i never bothered finishing my shoulder so looks like a cut paste job :S Also didnt want that font to be read.
    First one, hands are well dodge, so is the belt and skirt, its all rushed, i should finish them properly some day, you know how frustrating vectors are :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

ha the griffster....

did you learn this through trail and error or did ya find a tutorial on it?
    wouldnt mind giving it a lash..

sent u pm there

new one
    picFinal3a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

It's good, expcept I don't like the way it leaves the frame. Also the heart being in a weird location kinda gets to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It looks like she's about to throw out some kind of heart Hadouken :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Because I'm just that bored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonko

Very impressive.

Advertisement