Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do these exist..?!

Options
  • 11-09-2006 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Does anybody if there is such thing as tattoos that last for around six months and then gradually fade? My friend was talking about semi-permanent tattoos and if its possible i want to get one as a sort of practise run before i get a real tattoo, to see if i get bored of it, if it looks good, etc! So can you get these, and if so, where? Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Does anybody if there is such thing as tattoos that last for around six months and then gradually fade? My friend was talking about semi-permanent tattoos and if its possible i want to get one as a sort of practise run before i get a real tattoo, to see if i get bored of it, if it looks good, etc! So can you get these, and if so, where? Thanks!! :)

I know you can yet five year ones anyway, saw it on a tv program when some woman got her make up tattooed on to her! talk about insane, and it was semi permanant five year one.

so if five year ones exist i doent see why ones that last less time dont exist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

i don't think so. i think some artists claim to do 5 year tattoos, but i doubt this is possible. tattoo ink is pierced under the skin so it's there to stay. it will gradually fade over time, but never entirally.

for six months, a permanent marker is probably your best bet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I know someone who got one.
    It has faded a bit - dont know how many years she's had it, but I first met her 4 years ago, and it was probably a year or two old that stage.
    It hasnt completely faded, and she'll probably either have to get it redone with permanent, or covered up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

yeah googling it seems so prove its fake alright, ha! id hate to be that stupid woman who got half of her make up tattoed onto her face!!! she got eue liner and lip liner and something else i cant remember tattooed on so that she could save time in the morning! what a ****ing retard!!

heres an article:

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/beginners/a/aa032103a.htm

However, these people claim to be able to do it (and charge ridiculous fees in the process):

http://semipermanenttattoos.com/sevices.htm

From rampantink.com:
    Q: Do you do semi-permanent tattoos at your studio?

A: There are places around here advertising "semi-permanent" tattooing. However over the past few years these have become popular with the not so adventurous people in our society. This has been preyed upon by so called professionals with the introduction of semi-permanent tattoos.

IN ALL MY EXPERIENCE I HAVE NEVER SEEN EITHER A WELL EXECUTED PIECE OF SEMI-PERMANENT WORK OR EVEN A SEMI-PERMANENT TATTOO!!!!!!!!!

Over the past few years I've had to re-work, re-colour or cover up so called semi-permanent work. It really is the biggest con around - extortionate prices for terrible work that REALLY ISN'T GOING TO FADE AFTER A GIVEN NUMBER OF YEARS!!!!!!!!

They all end up looking like very poor tattoos (the dodgy old sailor type)and it will stay like that for a very long time. Please feel free to consult any of the beauty parlours in the area and ask
    them about the disclaimer they insist you sign before they start their work. It will state that they cannot be held responsible if the tattoo doesn't fade in the specified time, or if it fades to such a poor degree that you are completely embarrassed by it. If it was going to work why would you need to sign this? Any professional tattooist wouldn't dream of asking someone to sign any such document because we are so confident in our permanent finished product.

As you can see I feel very strongly about this because I see so many bad examples of semi-permanent work and some really unhappy people. My advice would be to get a professional permanent tattoo. However if you are even a little unsure about it then DON'T!!

Advertisement