Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would be an "easy" elective?

Options
  • 11-09-2006 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I found out today that I have to choose an elective as part of my course. I'm in 3rd Civil Eng. and basically I'm looking for something that would be a breeze since I already have enough on my plate without this daft elective.

I'm pretty much a sciency person so I've used up most of my leaving cert knowlegde on the subjects that I've already been studying for the last 2 years. (i.e. I would have liked to pick geography if I had done geography for leaving cert.)

I absolutely don't want to do a language. If there is some silly computerish course out there I'd like to know about that. (not a comp science type course). Other than that, I did Art for the Leaving so I maybe wouldn't mind doing Art History, but I would prefer not to have to write loads of essays.

Any suggestions? I thought forestry looked ok, has anyone studied that? (Longshot, I know).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

If there is some silly computerish course out there I'd like to know about that. (not a comp science type course).

Information Studies

I suggest the module entitled "From Papyrus to Cyberspace" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Beaten to it by jimi_t! Information Studies are the easiest, most peasiest of all electives - many of them don't have EOS exams either which makes them extra easy to pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Art History is a lovely subject. Essays are usually one 2,000 word one. (Plus you get to look at paintings and feel cultured) :p

Maybe pick a second year art history course? Modern Art was brilliant last year, really interesting. They're also doing modern architecture this year which i'm taking. The essay there is to write about a building in dublin that you like so thats pretty nice.

Other things are antiquity, irish art, the grand tour, course on dublin, performance art....
    If you like art you'd love it.

Info here:
    Art History Courses

Any questions just ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

aye, word on the street is that Information Studies = piece of p*ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

do archaeology .... its greeaat . some easy modules.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

jimi_t wrote:
    Information Studies

I suggest the module entitled "From Papyrus to Cyberspace" :rolleyes:
    i chose this as one of mine. lol. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

If you've done LC biology, Biology in the modern world should be simple enough. It's not a proper science course, just created for electives. I started today + it seems to be a piece of piss, prob easy enough without a bio backgroud actually. 2 35min lectures a week + a tutorial. I think we're getting 30% for doing the tutorials.

It's basically pollution this, stem cell that + other sciency things that are in the news now + then really. It seems to be more of a hobby/interest elective than one that requires work outside of class.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

yea i was in that biology in the modern world lecture yesterday aswell,i didnt even pick it but heard it was easy-its soo true!i dropped my actual elective for it,definetley do it if you want an easy one!

the lecturer is really cool too :D

study methods 1...

had the first one today

scavanger hunt around the library

classes involve how to use google...

Advertisement