Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trish Stratus

• 11-09-2006 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

With this week being her last week under contract I thought she'd be worth a topic of discussion.

Will she be forgotten and thought of as just another pretty face that did well in WWE, or will she be recognized as some sort of legend years later? If she's a ledgend is she Wrestling observer hall of fame worthy? What your favourite Trish Moment? Whats the moment she'll be most remembered for?

I'll give my thoughts later. But in 2 sentence I think Trish deserves a hell of alot of credit for what she has achieved in her run. An unbelievably hot lady but also extremely talented.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

My favourite Trish moment was shaking her hand in HMV last year....right before I shopk Kurt Angles hand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The word legend is often overused in wrestling but I think it's appropriate as far as Trish Stratus is concerned. Here's someone who came into the WWE as basically a pretty face with nice "assets" but went and turned herself into one of the greatest female wrestlers the WWE has ever had.

I was at the last Raw show in the Point and I thought her and Victoria had one of the best matches of the night.

She's been a good ambassador for the women's division and I feel with her gone it might go the way the tag team division has gone in the WWE - downward.

As for what she'll be remembered for I think she'll be remembered as the woman who held the Women's title more than anybody.

As for my favourite moment of hers, it would be the comedy bit from around 2000 during the McMahon-Helmsley storyline when Triple H is showing her how to do a hammerlock and Stephanie walks in. One of the funniest moments ever. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

she brought us the MAtrix move

possibly one of the worst moves in wrestling

other than that she did well. agreed about HHH teaching her wrestling moves. very funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I think Trish deserves alot of credit. She is like a totally different person from when she first started out in WWE, being just another valet and the T&A...with T&A (Test & Albert). I don't think I have seen any female wrestler improve so much. Alot of credit to her for working so hard and really improving the women's division.

And best of luck to her outside of WWE, I think she will be missed in the women's division

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Well I definitly think she'll go down as being a legend alright. As mentioned above she was just another pretty face in 2000 only to evolve to a great in-ring competitor. This is a tribute to her dedication to the business as alot of divas through the years have used WWE only as a stepping stone to further their personal career. Fair play to Trish and maybe we'll see her again some day down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

While she did mess up from time to time (what WWE women didn't though or any wrestler i guess), she was still one the best ever to wrestler in the WWE. I wouldn't call her a Pro wrestling legend but a WWE legend, definitely. Wish her the best of luck for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Trish definately deserves alot of credit, and I think she is a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. She brought credibility to the womens division and hopefully the new breed of divas will follow her lead and try and get by on ability alone rather than just physical appearence.

With Trish gone the womens division is in trouble. Lita, who isnt very good anyway, is rumoured to be leaving soon too, so that leaves just Mickey James to carry the division until the next Trish comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

^ And don't forget Victoria. But still, a two women division isnt gonna be good enough. Apparently Candice is in training to become an in-ring competitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This Trish Stratus thread has a severe lack of pictures.

ms-trish_stratus_wdu2002_02.jpg

^ And don't forget Victoria. But still, a two women division isnt gonna be good enough. Apparently Candice is in training to become an in-ring competitor.

Don't see Candice going very far as an in-ring competitor tbh!

Don't forget Beth Phoenix, when she comes back, which should be soon enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I...cant...get....no..oh..strat-is-faction
    I...cant...get...no..oh...strat-is-faction
    but i try and i try and i try
    I cant get no
    stratisfaction.

she had good names for her moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Don't see Candice going very far as an in-ring competitor tbh!

Don't forget Beth Phoenix, when she comes back, which should be soon enough!

Ill compete in her ring any day wha!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Just outa curiosity, why is Trish retiring? Was it that injurery she had when she wrestled Mickie James a while back. Or is she like Tajiri just gonna give it up and do something else? Or is it a work of so kind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

She's getting married and she's apparently looking to go into acting. But basically she's made her money and now she's going home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I think she will be remembered as a great competitior in the womens division especially when one compares her to the likes of candice and mickie james in terms of wrestling skills.
    I remember watching her first few matches and she seems like she was just going to be "another pretty faced woman" in the wwe but then suddenly for reasons unknown her wrestling improved and it was her wrestling(aswell as her pretty face) that attracted me and others to watching her perform.
    So I do think that she will be a HUGE loss to the womens divison and i do expect her to be in the hall of fame sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

well stalfos, when i first heard that trish was leaving wrestling the very very first thought that came into my head was ----she is going off to have babies and start a family---lets face it , the wwe is not the place for a mammy.
    if she does not show her face from time to time (hall of fame, wrestlers passing away, ect ,ect) i reckon we will never see her again.

Lance Storm has posted a bit on his site about Trish's career. Check it out here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

fatal wrote:
    I think she will be remembered as a great competitior in the womens division especially when one compares her to the likes of candice and mickie james in terms of wrestling skills.

Hang on a moment! Mickie James is a brilliant wrestler, has been for years, she shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Candice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

fatal wrote:
    candice and mickie james

how can you put Candice and Mickie James in the same sentence. Mickie James is a fantastic wrestler tbh

Advertisement