Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How the christ do i get pics and videos off my phone, onto PC???

• 11-09-2006 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

I really have no clue about this.. I've tried sending these files to my email address and have never received it.

I did have the cd that came with the phone but i can't find it now and never installed it.. Is there anyway to get it onto my pc?

It's a motorola razor V3.. Also i'm rather clueless when it comes to the email set up, anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks for your help:)

Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Easiest way for retrieving Pictures and videos is by using a bluetooth dongle - pick a cheap one up in Argos and it'll definately come in useless now and in the future again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Bluetooth Dongle? Interesting name.. How much for one of these bad boys?

edit - i actually have an argos catologue here, and i can't find any ''bluetooth dongle'', what would it be listed under?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

IIRC the Moto V3 has a mini USB port (where you plug in the charger), you could try using a mini-USB to USB Type A cable (has a normal USB plug on one end) to connect the phone to the computer. And then copying the files that way, any required connectivity software or drivers should be on Motorolas website.

The other option is to get a BlueTooth adapter for the PC (or use a laptop with built in bluetooth) and then send the pictures from your phone to your PC/Laptop that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Just had a look online there in the online Argos, and the bluetooth dongles seem to be under: "> Office, PC and phones > PC peripherals and accessories > PC networking accessories"

What you'd be looking for is a "Bluetooth USB adaptor", and if you're only using it for transferring stuff from phone to computer, 10m or less would be enough, I'd imagine.

Ok, tried connecting via usb... No joy...

My laptop does have bluetooth, but my limited technical mind has no clue where to start where this is concerned.

The motorola website has no software to download as far as 'support' is concerned... It's ''coming soon''.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

What works for me is, in the phone, select "send via bluetooth". It automatically detects my laptop, and my laptop automatically receives the image, sound, movie or whatever. This is in Mac OS X, and I used to use Windows a lot (though not with bluetooth), but I imagine the process should be the same.

If it doesn't work, make sure you have bluetooth on your computer or laptop turned on.

With Windows its a bit annoying, you have to manually choose to receive a file before sending it from the phone. I decided to use Widcomm instead of the XP Bluetooth software as a result. I prefer the OS X Bluetooth stack any day.

USB won't work without Motorola Phone Tools which costs money, a Bluetooth dongle would be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It sounds like he already has built in bluetooth, so he doesn't need a dongle.

Ok guys, last night, i decided to try and send the pics etc one more time to my email address... and guess what? It worked!!!! :mad:

In the whole time i've had this phone this has NEVER worked!!! So yeah, thanks for all the help people, it seems all is sorted. :)

Cheers

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Advertisement
Advertisement