Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Measuring My GF's Waist and Chest Sizes

• 12-09-2006 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I bought an outfit on ebay for my GF and I have to take measurements for the seller. I have to measure her waist size and her chest size. It's a silly question, I don't have any kind of measuring tape, and I was wondering if it's ok to use one of the metallic ones you'd get in a hardware store?

Failing that, I'd probably need to get one of the cloth ones tailors use right? Where on earth would I pick that up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

How long are you going out? Is it not something you should know?
    Presume it is a surprise present and you don't want to ask her about her size, then ask a friend for her measurements. Failing that, take a peek in her closet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

eo980 wrote:
    Hey Folks,

I bought an outfit on ebay for my GF and I have to take measurements for the seller. I have to measure her waist size and her chest size. It's a silly question, I don't have any kind of measuring tape, and I was wondering if it's ok to use one of the metallic ones you'd get in a hardware store?

Failing that, I'd probably need to get one of the cloth ones tailors use right? Where on earth would I pick that up?

I doubt the metallic ones would curve around her very well!! You can get the cloth ones in shops like Hickey's or Inspiring Ideas, any of them near you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Rabies wrote:
    How long are you going out? Is it not something you should know?

I know she's a size 12, but I don't know exactly how many inches she is. Size 12 can vary a little bit. And no I don't know her chest size. I doubt many guys know their partners chest size.
    You can get the cloth ones in shops like Hickey's or Inspiring Ideas, any of them near you?

Hi angeldelight, I'm fairly sure there's a hickeys very near by. Never heard of Inspiring Idea's though.

Many thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Are you having the outfit 'specially made? Could you not just check her bra. wait until next time she has it off ;) and when she's not looking check what size it says on the tag. If it's an off the rack outfit that and the size 12 should be enough for the seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I doubt the metallic ones would curve around her very well!!

Yeah :D they don't bend so you'd end up with a very inaccurate measurement. That's a good idea to just check her bra size. It's not just about her waist size she might have bigger hips lots of girls do. She might be a 10 waist and 12 hips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

Hey, what did you buy her???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 failurebydesign

In most petrol stations/small supermarkets etc. they have a little stand of misc items like mini sewing kits, hair ties etc. You know, the ones that are labeled A, B, C, D, E...and you check the top of the stand to see what price an E item costs? Well they usually sell them there.

Sorry I suck at explaining stuff, you probably don't have a clue what I'm on about. :rolleyes:

DeiseGal wrote:
    Hey, what did you buy her???

A bit OTT, but I got her this.

Thanks angeldelight, I got a proper one in Hickey's just a few minutes ago.

Thanks anywho failurebydesign, I got what I was looking for in the end anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

^^Not my kinda style/taste at all..but obviously it's your girlfriends..Nice thought and hope she'll like it:)

Fast_Mover wrote:
    ^^Not my kinda style/taste at all..but obviously it's your girlfriends..Nice thought and hope she'll like it:)

It is a bit unusual alright. I dunno, she's a hard one to figure out. She'll either really like it or hate it. She has a nack of surprising me. And heh, it's more for me I guess than her, if we're being honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Belle_Morte

Gorgeous dress! She's a lucky girl! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

You could just ask him for a size 12 in that id imagine. V. tasteful btw;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pics of her wearing it! :)

Pics of her wearing it! :)

Heh, that might be a while happening, it still has to be sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭DeiseGal

Excellent dress, i reckon you did well on picking that one. Fair play, hope she likes it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

eo980 wrote:
    I doubt many guys know their partners chest size

All depends how long you have been going out together.

Nice outfit too - let us know if she did like it in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

eo980 wrote:
    And no I don't know her chest size. I doubt many guys know their partners chest size.

I know the vitals of most girls Ive scored more than once :cool:

Hmnn everyone seems to have indepth knowledge on their partners vitals! Heh, I've always known she was a size twelve, her shoe size but never knew her chest size. Didn't think that would be something folks would generally know- but there ya go!

Thanks for all the positive comments folk, I'll let you know if she likes it or if I'm in the doghouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

hell, I don't even know MY OWN chest size (I buy according to what fits, not according to sizes...) - let alone my bf's....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

eo980 wrote:
    Hmnn everyone seems to have indepth knowledge on their partners vitals! Heh, I've always known she was a size twelve, her shoe size but never knew her chest size. Didn't think that would be something folks would generally know- but there ya go!
    It's ok, I never know, even when I find out, I can't remember.
    Thanks for all the positive comments folk, I'll let you know if she likes it or if I'm in the doghouse.
    At the worst she should be grateful for the thought.

• Advertisement

At the worst she should be grateful for the thought.

Ahh maybe not, I think she's used to me buying her clothes. I even buy her 'normal' clothes. So she's thought of all the time!

She lets you buy her clothes eh. Then mayhap, you know if she will like it?
    Dunno, I wouldn't let people buy my clothes.

In fairness generally we'll go shopping together, I'll offer some opinions and she'll pick something out. I wouldn't just buy her something without her knowing about it. This is a first.
    Yeah buying clothes for her all the time without her input would be very old fashioned!

When I said I buy her clothes all the time, I really meant she listens to what I like as well as what she likes. She's cool, she buys most of her own clothes, but if I see something nice or sexy and she likes it too, she'll let me buy it for her.

Well we got it thursday and she's delighted with it. It looks really cool, and it tis rather sexy. She's even seriously considering if she can wear it out somewhere. I'm a lucky guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

eo980 wrote:
    I bought an outfit on ebay for my GF

Buying it for her eh? Yeah right! :) Fair play anyway.

Pigman II wrote:
    Buying it for her eh? Yeah right! :) Fair play anyway.

Well yeah for me for her! :D

Ah congratz, it looks nice I assume. *Taps feet waiting for pics*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Love the dress, glad she liked it!

Pics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Wow it's a great fit too :p really suits her figure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

;););) man...you've got a good taste!

Rawr.
    >_>
    <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

You really are a grubby individual eo980. I assume you bought yourself this to go with it

No pics, I'm not joking eo980. :P

magpie wrote:
    You really are a grubby individual eo980. I assume you bought yourself this to go with it

Well I'm quite happy to be grubby Magpie. And may I say you have entirely too much time on your hands!!

(No I didn't buy that - I have more common sense than that.)

• Advertisement

may I say you have entirely too much time on your hands

based on?

magpie wrote:
    based on?

You always seem to pop up in any slightly strange thread I have. :p

That may be more a measure of the number of 'slightly strange' threads you generate. Besides, you'd be disappointed if I didn't. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and post in your "Which set of manacles should I get for her indoors?" thread.

Well your right, I would be disappointed if you didn't. You know I have the highest levels of respect and admiration for you!

Though I don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Very nice!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement